October 05, 2024, 03:27:56 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Standing in line for a long time for a console launch

Started by bluaki, January 20, 2008, 10:40:10 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

bluaki

What's your opinions on it?

I think it's a crazy thing to do. There's often not much good games right at launch and it's not even worth getting the system yet.

Kalahari Inkantation

I did that for a Wii a few weeks after it came out, and all five sold out before I could even get into the store. doodella;

Samus Aran

It's absolutely retarded and I'd never do it. I'm not stupid enough to buy consoles right at their launch.

strongbad

I stood in line for my wii 8 hours (midnight-8:00am when it opened). I got the 22nd wii out of 120 in that line, so I was pretty happy. Although I was disapointed with the wii's launch games and stuff, it was a good experience that I wouldn't want to forget.

bluaki

Quote from: Kaz on January 20, 2008, 10:43:18 AM
It's absolutely retarded and I'd never do it. I'm not stupid enough to buy consoles right at their launch.
Quote from: Strongbad007 on January 20, 2008, 10:44:05 AM
I stood in line for my wii 8 hours (midnight-8:00am when it opened). I got the 22nd wii out of 120 in that line, so I was pretty happy. Although I was disapointed with the wii's launch games and stuff, it was a good experience that I wouldn't want to forget.
There seems to be quite opposite opinions on it befuddlement

strongbad

I also was a member of nsider and no where else when the wii launched... That might be why I camped out..

ME##

Well, I've never waited in line, but I did purchase a PSP on launch day and all I can say is never again will I be purchasing a system the first day.

JGE

the only time i ever did that was for the Wii, if it werent for Twilight Princess I probably wouldnt have even bought one if i would have known the only good games on it are ports

Cookie

I almost did it for my Xbox 360. But I simply decided to just wait two weeks and be able to walk right in a buy it. Which I did.

NOA_Haunted

Quote from: Luke Atmey on January 20, 2008, 10:42:26 AM
I did that for a Wii a few weeks after it came out, and all five sold out before I could even get into the store. doodella;
I did that on April 1st and all 14 sold before the store opened. I was number 6 so it didn't matter.

The artist formally known

Never had, never will.

Got my Xbox 360 elite on release day, Wii on release day, and PS2 3 months after release.

Go Up