May 09, 2024, 02:35:47 AM

1,531,624 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Divorce =(

Started by wawi, January 16, 2008, 06:17:14 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Daddy

Quote from: Caz on January 16, 2008, 06:50:54 PM
Why? :(
She wanted me to visit her and I was like "How do you expect me to get there?  You don't give me money for anything."  She then yelled at me.

Albel The Wicked

Quote from: JMV290 on January 16, 2008, 06:52:39 PM
She wanted me to visit her and I was like "How do you expect me to get there?  You don't give me money for anything."  She then yelled at me.
Did you yell at her in Italian? befuddlement

Daddy

Albel The Wicked

Quote from: JMV290 on January 16, 2008, 06:55:45 PM
no
I thought it would be funny if you were all pissed and yelled in italian...

YPrrrr

My dad's parents are divorced... It's kind of awkward because I like them both, but they always talk about how horrible the other one was

The artist formally known

I always think that my parents are inches away from getting a divorce (They've been married for 20 years, oh yeah I have a 21 year old brother.) but they never seem to get one, they don't hate each other it's just my dad is gone 3/7 times a week until late, or never even home. He sleeps in the same room as my mom barley as well.

It seems like they're close to a divorce but my dad doesn't do either because he dislikes my mom, just because he runs a family business and he has a hard time sleeping. I'd be sad but not too extremely surprised if my parents divorced.

I'm sorry, most everyone's parents I know are divorced. Or at least 1/3 of them. Seems way way too often.

Samus Aran

I really do hate it when parents say they need to stay together "for the kids." Growing up seeing your parents in a stressed relationship can be a lot worse than growing up without a dad or a mom.

I've lived most of my life with my mom, and I've turned out pretty well. For many years after the divorce, I saw my dad regularly and spent a lot of time with him too. He was a great guy at heart...he just did some things that he shouldn't have. Made some wrong choices. Smuggling drugs got him landed in an overseas prison...but that was after the divorce. However, him getting in prison seemed to be the most awkward part of my childhood, because it was basically the same time that my mom got remarried to a man who lived in Minnesota, but just happened to be working in California, where we lived at the time. It was weird not knowing why my dad was far away in prison, and I didn't really understand it then...but obviously it's all pretty clear now.

Honestly, I would've rather my mom stayed single and we kept living in California...but seeing as how my little sisters would've never been born, that's too selfish of me to really want. That stepfather wasn't much of a father to me, though I know my mom wanted him to be. He was extremely controlling of my mom and of me...and even now that I'm 19 I can't look at his face without disgust. The only people he ever cared about were his blood children, and because I wasn't his real son, I wasn't good enough for him. So he treated me like shit.

All things considered, my life seems to pretty well portray that us kids can get along fine with separated parents. Hell, it also shows that trying to get a new parent for your kid after a divorce can be a horrible idea too. I turned out fine, even though I hardly even see my dad anymore. Last summer was the first time in 6 years that I saw him...and it was awkward. And we haven't spoken since that summer.

Although, in your case, I'm not sure how I would feel. When my parents divorced, I was only a year or so old. And I was almost 5 by the time my mom remarried and we moved up here. I was too young to really understand or feel the pain. Growing up without a father is just something I got used to, I guess. Whether or not you can adjust to your parents being separated will probably turn out to be a much different struggle.

Pyrate

February 01, 2008, 10:04:57 AM #22 Last Edit: February 01, 2008, 12:18:34 PM by Pyrate
Um...wow. My mom just told me that her and my dad are splitting up.

I knew they weren't getting along as well as they used to, but...wow. I never thought I'd be one of those people with divorced parents. And actually, recently they seemed to be happier with each other. You never know, I guess..

Houdini

Quote from: Pyrate on February 01, 2008, 10:04:57 AM
Um...wow. My mom just told me that her and my dad are splitting up.

I knew they weren't getting along as well as they used to, but...wow. I never thought I'd be one of those people with divorced parents. And actually, recently they seemed to be happier with each other. You never know, I guess..
Yeah, that happens. Pretty much everyone is getting divorced these days, so you're not alone.

Gin

My parents divorced this year too. It's awkward at first but it works out fine in the end, as everyone is much happier. Just expect your parents to fight a lot right after they split, because they'll both be really pissed at each other at that time, and you'll often get caught in the middle.

Hyper

To me, divorce is a very weird subject. My parents are happily married, and so are all my friend's.  doodthing;

Houdini

Quote from: Hyper on February 02, 2008, 02:25:51 AM
To me, divorce is a very weird subject. My parents are happily married, and so are all my friend's.  doodthing;
Thanks for your meaningful and well thought-out contribution to this thread.

Sam

My parents fight all the time as of recent and 99% of the time don't sleep in the same bed, but for whatever reason, I still think they're happy together.  doodthing;

And even if they're not, I know they wouldn't get a divorce because they just don't believe in them. They believe in sucking it up, I guess.
1.8mb is too huge for a sig nigga

YPrrrr

Quote from: samsam on February 22, 2008, 02:12:27 PM
My parents fight all the time as of recent and 99% of the time don't sleep in the same bed, but for whatever reason, I still think they're happy together.  doodthing;

And even if they're not, I know they wouldn't get a divorce because they just don't believe in them. They believe in sucking it up, I guess.
This is exactly what's going on between my parents... They just had a fight over the phone over which movies my mom rented... doodthing; My dad claims he just sleeps in the spare room because my mom snores, which she does pretty badly, but it's kind of disconcerting that he just started doing it all of a sudden

Daddy

Quote from: Your Posting Rival on February 22, 2008, 02:15:23 PM
This is exactly what's going on between my parents... They just had a fight over the phone over which movies my mom rented... doodthing; My dad claims he just sleeps in the spare room because my mom snores, which she does pretty badly, but it's kind of disconcerting that he just started doing it all of a sudden
Quote from: samsam on February 22, 2008, 02:12:27 PM

I guess it's not the best time to let you know that's what happened in the year or two before my parents got divorced.

Go Up