April 18, 2024, 07:03:55 PM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Saying Goodbye

Started by Hensa, January 16, 2008, 07:55:20 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Hensa

First of all, from an outside perspective,
I know losing a pet doesn't seem like to much too be upset about.
But having lost my horse, Cimarron, after having him for almost 18 years...it has really burdened my heart.

I received him when i was around 2 years old. Of course, my parents took care of him until i was old enough to, but still as a toddler, we spent a load of time together.
Through my elementary and middle school years, we competed in various events and went through quite a bit. Fr the longest time when I was home schooled, I could have easily called him my best friend.

but just last weekend, Saturday January 12, I went outside to feed him, and i noticed he wouldn?t get up.
I knew, with his old age, there was a good chance he was colicing

Wiki def:
"The term colic can encompass all forms of gastrointestinal conditions which cause pain as well as other causes of abdominal pain not involving the gastrointestinal tract. The most common forms of colic are gastrointestinal in nature and are most often related to colonic disturbance. There are a variety of different causes of colic, some of which require surgical intervention and can prove fatal."

My parents weren't going to call a vet; in fact, they've been expecting him to die soon.
So,
I stayed with him that night, and tried my best to comfort him.
Watching him suffer and being rendered helpless was the most heartbreaking experience of my life.

But, he's better off now.
i guess all good things come to an end at some point.

Rest in peace, Cimarron February 5 1978 - January 12 2008

Samus Aran

I'm really sorry for your loss, ProtectedMember32. I know what it's like to lose pets when you love them that dearly too.

I'm especially sorry that you had to go through watching him suffer until he died...but it was nice of you to be there for him like that when he was suffering.

Squirtlejazz

I'm very sorry for your loss. It's like losing a family member, even if it is an animal.
iSnake

reeper

Sometimes loosing a pet is more sad than losing a relative from one point of view (a relitive as in an uncle you've only met less then 10 times or so, someone you didn't spend a lot of time with). I remember when we put our dog, Daisy, to sleep when I was about 13, we had the dog 1 year before I was born so I did live a long time along side the dog.

We had literally five or so dogs that we've had to give away, or die, before we put to sleep Daisy. I miss that little guy because it was always a quite dog. It had massive ear illness that literally made the dog's ears rot.

I remember when Daisy would circle around us as we used to hike up mountains when she was younger then later when she became 12 years old she'd barley follow us, we'd have to wait for her.

Aww, I loved that dog ;_;

Samus Aran

Quote from: reefer on January 17, 2008, 01:25:29 AM
Sometimes loosing a pet is more sad than losing a relative from one point of view (a relitive as in an uncle you've only met less then 10 times or so, someone you didn't spend a lot of time with)

Oh, I dunno if it's just in that point of view. My great grandad just passed away like a week ago, and for some reason, I never felt much pain or anything. I couldn't cry, though I felt like I wanted to. I spent a lot of my time in CA over at my great grandma and grandad's place, and I cared a lot about both of them. I still don't understand why I don't feel anything. Maybe it just hasn't hit me yet.

Yet whenever one of my pets died, I felt more pain than this...

Hensa

Quote from: Kaz on January 16, 2008, 12:45:19 PM
I'm really sorry for your loss, ProtectedMember32. I know what it's like to lose pets when you love them that dearly too.

thank you, Ryan. i appreciate your condolences.

Quote from: Squirtlejazz on January 16, 2008, 05:14:42 PM
I'm very sorry for your loss. It's like losing a family member, even if it is an animal.

I totally agree.
in fact, his nickname was "Brother" :')
Quote from: reefer on January 17, 2008, 01:25:29 AM
Sometimes loosing a pet is more sad than losing a relative from one point of view (a relitive as in an uncle you've only met less then 10 times or so, someone you didn't spend a lot of time with). I remember when we put our dog, Daisy, to sleep when I was about 13, we had the dog 1 year before I was born so I did live a long time along side the dog.

We had literally five or so dogs that we've had to give away, or die, before we put to sleep Daisy. I miss that little guy because it was always a quite dog. It had massive ear illness that literally made the dog's ears rot.

I remember when Daisy would circle around us as we used to hike up mountains when she was younger then later when she became 12 years old she'd barley follow us, we'd have to wait for her.

Aww, I loved that dog ;_;
dogs are especially hard to lose.

they seem to have such personality...
im really sorry about your losses.
you have my sympathy.

FULL_METAL_RYDER2

I know how you feel, even though you can't talk to a horse, or really communicate in the same you can with a friend, but you develop a bond with that animal...and they become as close to you as a best friend. It's tough, but your horse will always live through your memory.

reeper

Quote from: Kaz on January 17, 2008, 01:34:40 AM
Oh, I dunno if it's just in that point of view. My great grandad just passed away like a week ago, and for some reason, I never felt much pain or anything. I couldn't cry, though I felt like I wanted to. I spent a lot of my time in CA over at my great grandma and grandad's place, and I cared a lot about both of them. I still don't understand why I don't feel anything. Maybe it just hasn't hit me yet.

Yet whenever one of my pets died, I felt more pain than this...
Could be because you knew it was coming?

They were old and you realized that. Maybe you feel sorrow when it's an unexpected death? Sometimes when a pet dies you feel bad because you may feel it was your fault somehow.

Hensa

Quote from: reefer on February 06, 2008, 04:35:24 PM
Sometimes when a pet dies you feel bad because you may feel it was your fault somehow.
the whole week before he died, i had spent little to no time with him at all...

6M69I69B9

this is making me feel sad

i don't want my dog to die

also, your pic is gone  baddood;
Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

Hensa

Quote from: Original_MIB on February 10, 2008, 04:17:57 PM
this is making me feel sad

i don't want my dog to die

also, your pic is gone  baddood;
ill fix that, thanks.

unwelc0med

sorry about your horse :(

glad that i don't have pets in that way, but the provide you companionship and love...

Classic

To me, losing an animal is worse than losing family.
Animals never backtalk. All they want to do is please you.

When my little kitty was ran over, I was heartbroken. I know I cried at least 2 hours.

YPrrrr

Quote from: Classic on April 01, 2008, 06:43:10 PM
To me, losing an animal is worse than losing family.
Animals never backtalk. All they want to do is please you.

My dog bit me.

Daddy

Go Up