September 20, 2024, 11:34:01 AM

1,531,318 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Holy hell...

Started by KonohaShinobi, December 24, 2007, 07:37:29 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

KonohaShinobi

The PS3 is going in the wrong direction. I remember reading an article on Dark Sector, some weird game where you play as a dude in a city with cool powers, and I read it as a PS3 exclusive. Mind you, the source was read from EGM and it seemed pretty reliable as a source. Now, months later, I see it as a Multiplatformer with the 360, which is not uncommon seeing as many PS2 games were ported to the XBox as well, but this is totally different seeing as this just makes the PS3 even less desirable with next to no exclusive games on their console. As a consumer, I am personally thinking, Why should I buy a PS3 at twice the price of a 360 for the same damn games and nearly the same experience? It's pointless. Even the holy grail of franchises Grand Theft Auto, is going to be on the 360 AND the PS3, and without a doubt, will sell twice as well on the 360 (Due to system sales alone) than it will on the PS3.

Bottom line is, Sony is fucking up. And I know the multiplatform bullshit is not entirely their fault due to greedy developers, but they can at least advertise more exclusives or something to turn this trend around.

ncba93ivyase

Truthfully, the PS3 has more exclusives than the 360. The PS3 still has Final Fantasy 8346572 as an exclusive, Little Big Planet, Resistance, whatever shit Naughty Dog makes, and Gran Turismo; whereas the 360 has... nothing that isn't on/being ported to PC or PS3. caterpie;

I still have no interest in the PS3, since the PC is the one taking in every good game.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Feynman

LINK2K9

99% of all third party titles will be multiplatform. There is no lead platform like the PS2, market share is pretty even between the 3 companies. The exclusives people will need to look for will be from 1st and 2nd party titles which is why I'm holding off on a PS3. I was never a big fan of Sony's 1st party titles.

lol lara lol

JGE

and yet the ps3 is still kicking the other two consoles asses

JGE

JGE

Quote from: steal on December 24, 2007, 08:27:15 PM
how so

ps3: Resistance Fall of Man, Motorstorm, Ratchet and Clank Future, Uncharted, Folklore, Ninja Gaiden Sigma
wii: super mario galaxy
360:

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Precursor on December 24, 2007, 08:31:10 PM
ps3: Resistance Fall of Man, Motorstorm, Ratchet and Clank Future, Uncharted, Folklore, Ninja Gaiden Sigma
wii: super mario galaxy, metroid prime 3
360:
fixed

also motorstorm sucks and ninja gaiden is just a remake

But aside from that, it's correct.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

FullmetalGanon

Quote from: Precursor on December 24, 2007, 08:25:00 PM
it has gaems

Lol, i feel like watching chad warden again.  caterpie; caterpie; caterpie;

JGE

Quote from: Lawlz on December 24, 2007, 08:37:52 PM
fixed

also motorstorm sucks and ninja gaiden is just a remake

But aside from that, it's correct.

Quoteps3: Resistance Fall of Man, Motorstorm, Ratchet and Clank Future, Uncharted, Folklore, Ninja Gaiden Sigma
wii: super mario galaxy,
360:

metroid sucks, also
Quotegraphics were overhauled to high definition standards. Vast changes were made to the layout of a few environments. A great number of new save and shop locations were added, and Rachel's three chapters were simply inserted amongst Ryu's Story Mode chapters. New foes, like the biker MVAPs, the fish-men girtablilu, and the wisp-like phantoms, were introduced with the two new bosses, Gamov and Alternator, with quite a few changes made to the specifications (AI, damage, etc) of the old foes. The player can fight these foes with the new weapon, a pair of katanas, the Dragon's Claw & Tiger's Fang.

Ryu's reverse wind technique was replaced with that of his ninja foes. He can now fight on water, and shoot arrows in mid-air. The most prominent change allowed the player to use restoration items without going through the menus. The controller can also be shaken to increase a casted ninpo's power. If the player had played the demo before starting the very first game on the retail version, a bonus amount of yellow essence will be awarded based on the player's achievements in the demo.

From August 30, 2007 onwards, Survival Mode is available in the form of three separate packages for Ninja Gaiden Sigma on the PlayStation Network, each costing a small fee to download.[72] Each package adds a set of themed missions (Weapon Master, Speed Master, Rachel Master) to the new Survival Mode option.[73] The player goes through the missions without any restoration item, and keeps fighting enemies until the character's life is reduced to zero. Online rankings primarily keep track of the player's individual mission records, in terms of the number of kills.

pretty much enough change to warrant it as a new game anyway, but okay, if we use that logic than we can basically apply it to any game nintendo releases.

Mario 64: Jump around, fight bosses.
Galaxy: Jump around, fight bosses, fly in space.
Metroid Prime: Shoot, puzzles,
Metroid Prime corruption: shoot, puzzles, voice acting

well what do you know the wii has nothing worth playing

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Precursor on December 24, 2007, 08:44:00 PM

well what do you know the wii has nothing worth playing
you're an idiot psyduck;

A couple new enemies and updated graphics doesn't make an entirely new games; it's what remakes and expansion packs are made of. Entirely new levels and enemies and storylines that upgrade everything in every possible way and only recycle a few characters, if that, makes a new game. Super Mario Galaxy is a new game; Super Mario 64 DS is not.

and the wii doesn't have anyhting worth playing

JGE

Quote from: Lawlz on December 24, 2007, 08:47:59 PM
you're an idiot psyduck;

A couple new enemies and updated graphics doesn't make an entirely new games; it's what remakes and expansion packs are made of. Entirely new levels and enemies and storylines that upgrade everything in every possible way and only recycle a few characters, if that, makes a new game. Super Mario Galaxy is a new game; Super Mario 64 DS is not.

except the problem is that galaxy and metroid do not have any new levels, enemies, or storylines.

FullmetalGanon

Quote from: Precursor on December 24, 2007, 08:49:46 PM
except the problem is that galaxy and metroid do not have any new levels, enemies, or storylines

are you retarded

ncba93ivyase

FULL_METAL_RYDER2

Quote from: Lawlz on December 24, 2007, 08:47:59 PM
you're an idiot psyduck;

You guys also forget about Medal of Honor heroes 2,Super Paper Mario, and a few other exclusives I can't think of.

Go Up