October 02, 2024, 06:21:13 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

I only recently discovered Cave Story

Started by Infel, December 07, 2007, 05:27:57 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Infel

It is one of the best games I played. Even on my MSN, I'm being "quote", the Protagonist of the story.

Discuss.

strongbad

So that's what your name was  pseudo;
What are the needed specs for that game? Or do you think my computer could handle it?

Infel

Quote from: Strongbad007 on December 07, 2007, 05:33:51 PM
So that's what your name was  pseudo;
What are the needed specs for that game? Or do you think my computer could handle it?
I bet even Darkmagic's piece of shit could handle it. You should be no exception.

strongbad

Infel

strongbad

I only need to download one of those... Right?
I would look at it now, but my dad has this shit on the family computer so I can't download stuff unless he gives the ok. He can be so fucking paranod.

Infel

Yes, only one is needed. Now tell him that torrents are generally safer and just go play it.

strongbad

NOA_Haunted

Does it take up the whole screen or can I still be on the internet.

NOA_Haunted

I downloaded it but I can figure out the controls so I cant click new game.

Infel

If you have a gamepad, it normally auto-configures to the camepad, or there's the doconfig thing to adjust the controls yourself.

NOA_Haunted

Quote from: KT on December 07, 2007, 07:42:01 PM
If you have a gamepad, it normally auto-configures to the camepad, or there's the doconfig thing to adjust the controls yourself.
I get to New and Load and the only key that works is Esc.

Infel

Quote from: xXTheHaunted on December 07, 2007, 07:45:09 PM
I get to New and Load and the only key that works is Esc.
Do you got a game controller hooked up at all? Most games that I play auto-detect the controller(s) and use the assigned "j1" so try the gamepads.

I'm using a Radioshack ps2 controller adapter with a sector 7 Ps2 controller. It's also configured for all my Melty Blood, my SNES, GBA, and Ps1 emulators, MY DR game, trying to get it working right on Flatspace, and a few others.

So if you got any controller hooked up, try it.

If not, run the doconfig in the C:\Program Files\Cave Story Deluxe\CaveStory to fix it.

NOA_Haunted

Thanks my favorite enemy is the behemoth,

Infel

I beat the entire game, meaning I got all three endings. It still took me twelve and a half minutes to beat the guy. I'll redo the entire game for the nemesis now so I can fucking rape that one and do speedruns and stuff.

See, thing is, I didn't want the Nemesis, so I kept that little midget dude in my pocket. When I beat the special boss, he appeared on the screen and said "AREN'T YOU FORGETTING SOMETHING?"

I laughed my ass off and wished there was a Mr. Little stomping minigame.

Go Up