July 07, 2024, 03:22:59 AM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Thoughts on final IGN top 100?

Started by YPrrrr, November 30, 2007, 05:50:24 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

YPrrrr

I'm glad they have Civilization so high (3rd), although I'm slightly suprised they stuck with Civ II instead of Civ IV, but I'm guessing this is because Civ II revolutionized the series.

Some aspects of the list are questionable, but none so much as some of the reader's tastes. One guy claimed Civ shouldn't be on the list at all and that Mortal Kombat should be in the top 20...

[spoiler]mortal kombat... holy shit lol[/spoiler]

ncba93ivyase

Ms. Pac-Man greater than Super Mario World? Super Mario 64 better than Super Mario World? The wholly unentertaining Super Mario Bros taking number one when compared to the far superior Super Mario World and Super Mario Bros 3 and Super Metroid? Where the hell is Metroid Fusion? Where the hell is Earthbound? Why the hell is Sonic the Hedgehog, a lackluster platformer, on the list, but Sonic 2 and Sonic 3&Knuckles aren't? Where the hell is Panic on Funkotron? Where are the shmups? (Gradius III isn't the greatest shmup, but Jesus, it's an essential for top ___ lists) Where's Kirby Superstar? Shit, where's anything that wasn't thrown in merely for the fact it's obscure or because it just sold two-million or more copies?

Entire list is bullshit and the IGN crew should reenact the Triangle Shirtwaist Factory Fire.

Really, just because it's the first in the series and helped revitalize the industry, it doesn't mean it's great. Super Mario Bros really hasn't aged as well as many like to believe, whereas any kid or adult can (and should) pick up SMB3 or SMW and play through the game and want to go back and play it five more times. SMB is only good for five minutes in the middle of the night, attempting to beat world 8--and that's it. It does nothing but bring back memories of how there are far greater games that you played as a kid, and Super Mario Bros can't stand up to very many of them.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Tomboh

7 out of top 10 games are Nintendo games. thumbup;

The list is good, except SM64 shoud'nt be near the top 10 and Civ II should'nt be that high.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Punta Tombo on November 30, 2007, 06:13:22 PM
7 out of top 10 games are Nintendo games. thumbup;

The list is good, except SM64 shoud'nt be near the top 10 and Civ II should'nt be that high.
too bad only super metroid and super mario world are truly excellent

wait nevermind

too bad only super metroid is the only excellent game in the top 10

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Tomboh

Quote from: Lawlz on November 30, 2007, 06:15:09 PM
Too bad only super metroid is the only excellent game in the top 10
OoT, AlttP, and RE4 were not excellent games?

psyduck;

I also agree with Lawlz somehow on the part that the top two games were really just revolutionary, and not so great. 

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Punta Tombo on November 30, 2007, 06:19:34 PM
OoT, AlttP, and RE4 were not excellent games?

psyduck;

I also agree with Lawlz somehow on the part that the top two games were really just revolutionary, and not so great. 
Ocarina of Time isn't great, Link to the Past is a fair game, and Resident Evil 4 is made by Capcom and certainly not great.

Also, why the hell does everyone worship Megaman 2? 3 was better, and it seems no one ever bothers mentioning the Zero series.

mariofreak

I went through 1-50 and didn't see SSBM

it sucks

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: miladmaaan on November 30, 2007, 06:46:44 PM
I went through 1-50 and didn't see SSBM

it sucks
Also, I was going to comment on that but forgot: SSBM is an okay game, but the first one just absolutely sucks.

Daddy

oh cool i love that list because i care so much about what others think of a game.

I really don't know why the fuck people care what a game gets for a review or where it is on a top 100 list.

JGE

im going to agree with the list just so i can troll Lawlz like i always do

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Precursor on November 30, 2007, 07:54:28 PM
im going to agree with the list just so i can troll Lawlz like i always do
okay but your precious jake and dexter got shit

Geno

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

don't let's

They had Pokemon Blue, but didn't have the red version.
Also they didn't have Age of Empires.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: LiveOnTheEdge on December 01, 2007, 05:39:49 PM
They had Pokemon Blue, but didn't have the red version.
Also they didn't have Age of Empires.
Also, they didn't have Gold and Silver. psyduck;

mariofreak

crystal should have been on. and for the first 3, if they were going to include one they should have done red.

and yes, SSB has not aged well at all. SSBM was more than okay, though. psyduck;

Go Up