Influence of Counsciousness/Intention on Reality

Started by Snorkel, November 29, 2007, 10:15:00 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Snorkel

This is possibly some of the most interesting stuff I've ever read into.

Basically, there's a theory within the realm of quantum mechanics that our intentions, or consciousness in general, have/has the ability to directly influence the outcome of a measurement of sub-atomic particles.

Potentiality 101: A common quantum theory is that particles (matter) have no defined momentum or location except at the moment they are being "measured". Essentially it says that when no consciousness is actively "measuring" the particles, they exist only in a quantum aether or on an infinite plane of probability where they are at no location and every location simultaneously.

So, with that idea in mind, the first thing I mentioned means that the one of the possible outcomes of these measurements can be influenced by our desire of a certain outcome. In simpler terms, things like telekinesis are entirely viable.

There's actually been hundreds of experiments performed on this topic... most of them stuff like having a computer that at the press of a button produces a random bit, either 1 or 0. Statistically, the 1's and 0's after 200 button presses should be 50/50. Repeated experiments show that with the volunteer's intention to get more 1's or more 0's, they can sway the outcome to as much as 54/46.

Another interesting thing is that our brain processes four hundred billion bits of information each second, and we are only consciously aware of 2,000 of those. That's like... a miniscule percentage. And of course you've all heard the thing about only using 10% of our brain power or whatever random percent it is.

This is only a very small part of the whole theory, obviously; I've read books on this. Something really interesting is the discussion of what information actually is, and basically our thoughts/memories, and linking them all together in some paraphysical dimension that makes things like ESP, clairvoyance, out-of-body/near death experiences, and the feeling of having been reincarnated explainable. I would go so far as to say that Jesus quite possibly actually did do things like walk on water and turn water to wine and control the elements, merely as a consequence of having discovered some higher state of mind or having come into existence with some superlink to the quantum vacuum. However that happens.

guff

Quote from: Valentrinne on November 29, 2007, 10:15:00 PM
There's actually been hundreds of experiments performed on this topic... most of them stuff like having a computer that at the press of a button produces a random bit, either 1 or 0. Statistically, the 1's and 0's after 200 button presses should be 50/50. Repeated experiments show that with the volunteer's intention to get more 1's or more 0's, they can sway the outcome to as much as 54/46.
would you like to provide some sources for these hundreds of experiments (preferably those not conducted by new agers)
Quote from: Valentrinne on November 29, 2007, 10:15:00 PM
And of course you've all heard the thing about only using 10% of our brain power or whatever random percent it is.
yes, and you should have also heard that this claim is complete bullshit and anyone who believes otherwise is a fucking retarded retard idiot

but anyways, yeah i think you're spot on i mean just the other day i mastered my chakra and now i can fly and shoot lasers out of my ass

Selkie

I am extemely interested in the mechanics of the mind and paranormal ideas related to consciousness like this.

I really think I have something like this, I just have no clue what it is, because I can't figure it out because it's impossible to describe.

Go Up