September 19, 2024, 04:50:21 PM

1,531,318 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

outerspace

Started by Daddy, November 23, 2007, 02:17:38 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Daddy

its so awsum.

lawlz and i diskus it last nite

ncba93ivyase

THE THIRD DIMENSION IS NOT A SLICE OF THE FOURTH, GODDAMNIT.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Selkie

Quote from: Lawlz on November 23, 2007, 02:20:13 PM
THE THIRD DIMENSION IS NOT A SLICE OF THE FOURTH, GODDAMNIT.

Yah it is

every dimension is a point of the next one

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Super Mario Galaxy on November 23, 2007, 02:28:31 PM
Yah it is

every dimension is a point of the next one
matter !=time

They combine to form more complex planes of existence and whatnot; much like ingredients in a delicious pie. Take out the delicious cherries, and you're left with a biscuit. Take out the eggs and milk and you're left with flour and all that other dry stuff

If it was a slice, then once slice would be delicious cherry pie and another solid titanium..

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Selkie

Quote from: Lawlz on November 23, 2007, 02:31:12 PM
matter !=time

They combine to form more complex planes of existence and whatnot; much like ingredients in a delicious pie. Take out the delicious cherries, and you're left with a biscuit. Take out the eggs and milk and you're left with flour and all that other dry stuff

If it was a slice, then once slice would be delicious cherry pie and another solid titanium..

Consider being a science teacher.

Daddy

Quote from: Lawlz on November 23, 2007, 02:31:12 PM
matter !=time

the third dimension isn't matter either.

THE FIRST 3 DIMENSIONS ARE SPACIAL DIMENSIONS.

lawlz just doesn't understand stufz

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: JMV290 on November 23, 2007, 02:37:41 PM
the third dimension isn't matter either.

THE FIRST 3 DIMENSIONS ARE SPACIAL DIMENSIONS.

lawlz just doesn't understand stufz
BUT EVERYTHING IN THIS DIMENSION THAT EXISTS IS COMPOSED OF MATTER OF PHOTONS OR OTHER CRAZY SHIT

ie stuff that physically exists

Time is a concept, so if anything, it would be the recipe for the pie.

also i wanted to say something like measurement of space or something but i didn't want to use the word dimension and wanted to try explaining it in some way or whatever but it appears that failed

Daddy

Quote from: Lawlz on November 23, 2007, 02:40:32 PM
BUT EVERYTHING IN THIS DIMENSION THAT EXISTS IS COMPOSED OF MATTER OF PHOTONS OR OTHER CRAZY SHIT

ie stuff that physically exists

Time is a concept, so if anything, it would be the recipe for the pie.

also i wanted to say something like measurement of space or something but i didn't want to use the word dimension and wanted to try explaining it in some way or whatever but it appears that failed

stop using pie as an example for how you understand how dimensions work.  That's why you can't understand anything.

http://www.tenthdimension.com/medialinks.php

watch that.  it's not entirely what I'm trying to say since it talks about folds, and i'm talking about infinitely thin slices, but you can't stop thinking about pie.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: JMV290 on November 23, 2007, 02:42:39 PM
stop using pie as an example for how you understand how dimensions work.  That's why you can't understand anything.

http://www.tenthdimension.com/medialinks.php

watch that.  it's not entirely what I'm trying to say since it talks about folds, and i'm talking about infinitely thin slices, but you can't stop thinking about pie.
BECAUSE PIES ARE CUT INTO SLICES GODDAMN

Also, I've watched it.  Do you measure how large an object is in minutes and seconds? no because spacial area filled or whatever isn't the same as time but instead combine to form a higher level of existence or another dimension but it's possible to measure how long it takes to build a house of a specific size

Daddy

Quote from: Lawlz on November 23, 2007, 02:46:04 PM
BECAUSE PIES ARE CUT INTO SLICES GODDAMN

Also, I've watched it.  Do you measure how large an object is in minutes and seconds? no because spacial area filled or whatever isn't the same as time but instead combine to form a higher level of existence or another dimension but it's possible to measure how long it takes to build a house of a specific size
NOT INFINITELY THIN SLICES. STOP USING PIE

YOU'RE TOO BUSY THINKING OF DIMENSIONS AS ALL CONSUMING PHYSICAL SPACE.  STOP AND JUST LISTEN.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: JMV290 on November 23, 2007, 02:57:59 PM
NOT INFINITELY THIN SLICES. STOP USING PIE

YOU'RE TOO BUSY THINKING OF DIMENSIONS AS ALL CONSUMING PHYSICAL SPACE.  STOP AND JUST LISTEN.
NO, NOT ALL DIMENSIONS SIMPLY ADD ANOTHER DEGREE OF CONSUMING SPACE. WHEN YOU SAY SLICE, YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT THE SPACE SOMETHING OCCUPIES. TIME !=A SLICE, GODDAMNIT

also what if you bring a pie into the second dimension asshole would it be divided into infinitely thing slices or would it still be a whole pie yes itd be a slice now what if you bring that pie into the fourth dimension it's still the same pie right supposedly yes bring it into the fifth dimension and it should still remain the same pie nothing is added or subtracted

Daddy

Quote from: Lawlz on November 23, 2007, 03:02:01 PM
NO, NOT ALL DIMENSIONS SIMPLY ADD ANOTHER DEGREE OF CONSUMING SPACE. WHEN YOU SAY SLICE, YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT THE SPACE SOMETHING OCCUPIES. TIME !=A SLICE, GODDAMNIT

also what if you bring a pie into the second dimension asshole would it be divided into infinitely thing slices or would it still be a whole pie yes itd be a slice now what if you bring that pie into the fourth dimension it's still the same pie right supposedly yes bring it into the fifth dimension and it should still remain the same pie nothing is added or subtracted
im not using slice as a physical amount of space. its what it would appear to be. so a 3d object an a specific time is an infinitely thin slice(cross section if u want other wordz) of what it would would be in time.  you're viewing it as an exact moment

nothing is added or subtracted from anything.

snorkel is able to understand
tomboh can understand
even selkie can

why can't you

also trying to explain abstract concepts to you has the effect on my brain that trying to pump a vacuum(as in empty not the rug cleaner) would have on the pump.

Snorkel

The best way to think of higher dimensions is like...

Think of someone in a 2D world. Something like having a digestive system would be impossible, because it would physically split them in half (think of it like drawing someone on a piece of paper, and that being their entire existence).

For this 2D person to be thrust into our 3D world would be completely baffling, and their head would probably explode in confusion.

Now think of going between our humble 3rd dimension and higher ones like this. We can't possibly understand.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: JMV290 on November 23, 2007, 03:06:55 PM
im not using slice as a physical amount of space. its what it would appear to be. so a 3d object an a specific time is an infinitely thin slice(cross section if u want other wordz) of what it would would be in time.  you're viewing it as an exact moment
i get what you're saying but the problem is i don't see putting everything as an infinitely thin slice as a way of explaining all dimensions psyduck;

Quote from: JMV290 on November 23, 2007, 03:06:55 PMsnorkel is able to understand
tomboh can understand
even selkie can

why can't you

or maybe all of you are wrong

Daddy

Quote from: Lawlz on November 23, 2007, 03:15:49 PM
i get what you're saying but the problem is i don't see putting everything as an infinitely thin slice as a way of explaining all dimensions psyduck;
only up to the 4th.
after that things get confusing.

or maybe all of you are wrong
and string theory too

Go Up