April 18, 2024, 04:05:14 PM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

The Death Penalty

Started by Actingman00, November 22, 2007, 09:03:02 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Selkie

Quote from: Cakes on November 28, 2007, 06:06:14 PM
I don't approve of the Death Penalty. I don't think we should take someones life just because they killed people or a cop.

You know life in maximum security prison isn't much better than death?

Cakes

Quote from: Selkie on November 28, 2007, 06:06:58 PM
You know life in maximum security prison isn't much better than death?
Everything is better than death. Except being tortured, slavery and Casturation.

Selkie

Quote from: Cakes on November 28, 2007, 06:11:22 PM
Everything is better than death. Except being tortured, slavery and Casturation.

PROTIP: torture can occur in a maximum security prison.

No, not like Saw torture, but random ass-kickings can hurt a little.

Also, I am not exactly fond of the idea of being anally raped by some sex-deprived maniac either.

Or totally cut off from the outside world, and all the things I love.

A life in jail is a hollow one. One not worth living anyway.

Cakes

Quote from: Selkie on November 28, 2007, 06:13:56 PM
PROTIP: torture can occur in a maximum security prison.

No, not like Saw torture, but random ass-kickings can hurt a little.

Also, I am not exactly fond of the idea of being anally raped by some sex-deprived maniac either.

Or totally cut off from the outside world, and all the things I love.

A life in jail is a hollow one. One not worth living anyway.

I know you can get a ass kicking I was saying like if you were chained up and have to eat shit etc.

musica.cards

November 28, 2007, 09:24:19 PM #49 Last Edit: November 28, 2007, 09:29:31 PM by some_person
Quote from: InbredPsychosis on November 27, 2007, 12:03:36 PM
lol

Lawyers are scum and the justice system in this country sucks.

No, only in lawsuits about stupid, little things like accidentally spilling obviously hot coffee on your lap. Other then that, lawyers are the whole justice system. Without them, the judge would just give you the death sentence if s/he wanted to.
[move]gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby [/move]

Houdini

Quote from: some_person on November 28, 2007, 09:24:19 PM
No, only in lawsuits about stupid, little things like accidentally spilling obviously hot coffee on your lap.
So it's okay if hot coffee gives you third degree burns?

guff

Quote from: Selkie on November 28, 2007, 06:03:47 PM
No
why not?  psyduck;
bank robber a saved bank robber b's life
Quote from: Selkie on November 28, 2007, 06:03:47 PM
...but if a security guard shoots and kills a robber who's about to kill a teller/bank-goer, that is fine and dandy.
and that's how it is currently psyduck;

what exactly are you proposing be changed? psyduck;

Selkie

Quote from: Commodore Guff on November 29, 2007, 12:13:46 PM
why not?  psyduck;
bank robber a saved bank robber b's lifeand that's how it is currently psyduck;

what exactly are you proposing be changed? psyduck;

I guess the security system in banks  navi;

musica.cards

Quote from: bluaki on November 28, 2007, 10:46:49 PM
So it's okay if hot coffee gives you third degree burns?

The better question is "is the coffee hot?" Seriously, if coffee is hot (if you can feel warmth on the outside of the cup, and it's full of liquid, it's most likely hot enough to at least make your skin red), then don't do things that would make it spill, like in Liebeck's case. However, it was McDonald's fault for making the coffee at a temperature of which would cause third degree burns. If it weren't for the coffee being 180-190 degrees Fahrenheit, that case would just be a stupid "OMG I SPILLED MY COFFEE, IT HURTS, AND I MUST SUE!" case, which wouldn't last very long, and would result in jury siding with McDonalds.

But seriously, I'm talking about the stupid little things like stepping on a rock with bare feet in someone else's backyard and such. In cases like that, it's the person's fault for stepping on that rock with bare feet.
[move]gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby [/move]

guff

Quote from: some_person on November 29, 2007, 04:21:19 PM
But seriously, I'm talking about the stupid little things like stepping on a rock with bare feet in someone else's backyard and such. In cases like that, it's the person's fault for stepping on that rock with bare feet.
would you like to point out some lawsuits that ended in such a plaintiff's favor?

and to reiterate you fucking idiots criminal court is not the same as civil court god damn psyduck;

musica.cards

Quote from: Commodore Guff on November 29, 2007, 04:27:55 PM
would you like to point out some lawsuits that ended in such a plaintiff's favor?

I can only deduce that there was a similar lawsuit, but with some carpet and something sharp stabbing the person's foot. Which is why most businesses has a "no shoes, no shirt, no service" policy.

Quote from: Commodore Guff on November 29, 2007, 04:27:55 PM
and to reiterate you fucking idiots criminal court is not the same as civil court god damn psyduck;

You don't have to blame everyone. I was the one who brought it up.

guff

Quote from: some_person on November 29, 2007, 05:04:59 PM
I can only deduce that there was a similar lawsuit, but with some carpet and something sharp stabbing the person's foot.
Which is why most businesses has a "no shoes, no shirt, no service" policy.

You don't have to blame everyone. I was the one who brought it up.
well sherlock how about finding some evidence
nope psyduck;

okay you fucking idiot die

musica.cards

Like I said, I can only deduce. I mean why else would they put up a sign saying "no shoes, no shirt, no service"?

guff

Quote from: some_person on November 29, 2007, 06:01:45 PM
Like I said, I can only deduce. I mean why else would they put up a sign saying "no shoes, no shirt, no service"?
for the sake of what they perceive decency to be?  psyduck;

musica.cards

Quote from: Commodore Guff on November 30, 2007, 12:23:42 PM
for the sake of what they perceive decency to be?  psyduck;

Sure, if it says "no shirts, no service", then you're right, other then how, how would walking barefoot be indecent?

Go Up