April 19, 2024, 12:31:32 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

The Death Penalty

Started by Actingman00, November 22, 2007, 09:03:02 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

musica.cards

Quote from: Super Mario Galaxy on November 23, 2007, 09:03:35 AM
What defines a true murderer?

Generally people who are serial killers, who just kill people for fun, have some mental illness, and probably don't have perfect judgment of right and wrong. Does this mean they should run free? No, but maybe they should get some help.

As for 'murderers' who kill someone for a reason, we should take into consideration the reason.

If the reason is "oLo he stole my toasteR" then yeah, maybe consider death penalty.

If the reason is, he was defending his family from an armed burglar, then he shouldn't get penalized.

I'm not sure what to say about serial killers. Sure, they kill for fun and most likely have a mental illness, like you already mentioned, but at the same time, they have killed a lot of a people. So I don't really have an opinion about giving serial killers the death sentence.

Yeah, murderer who kill for a reason should get the death sentence.

Doesn't the hypothetical murderer's mindset almost match the mindset of a serial killer, seeing how they would kill for something as small like that?

If you kill a robber to protect your family, it's not really a "murder" per se.
[move]gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby [/move]

Actingman00

Quote from: some_person on November 26, 2007, 03:42:43 PM
I'm not sure what to say about serial killers. Sure, they kill for fun and most likely have a mental illness, like you already mentioned, but at the same time, they have killed a lot of a people. So I don't really have an opinion about giving serial killers the death sentence.

Yeah, murderer who kill for a reason should get the death sentence.

Doesn't the hypothetical murderer's mindset almost match the mindset of a serial killer, seeing how they would kill for something as small like that?

If you kill a robber to protect your family, it's not really a "murder" per se.

But who is the government to decide who deserves to die or not?  I think it should be a personal choice, not the governments.

"So do you want to go to prison for life, maybe have a chance of getting out, or die?" I don't know, I just don't think that anyone should have that responsibility except for the person who did the crime.
*Insert Sig Here*

Tri4se

Death should never be the punishment. Death is eternal peace. You don't have to worry about life and all it's details.
They should feel the pain they caused to others. I say let them rot in jail for the rest of there lives.

Selkie

Quote from: Actingman00 on November 26, 2007, 05:22:41 PM
But who is the government to decide who deserves to die or not?  I think it should be a personal choice, not the governments.

"So do you want to go to prison for life, maybe have a chance of getting out, or die?" I don't know, I just don't think that anyone should have that responsibility except for the person who did the crime.

let's also ask the rapist murderer torturer of little girls if he likes apple or pumpkin pie, if apple: heated or cold, and if he likes silk or flanel sheets in his bed

k? sounds good.

musica.cards

Quote from: Actingman00 on November 26, 2007, 05:22:41 PM

And that's why courts and lawyers exist.
[move]gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby [/move]

InbredPsychosis

Quote from: some_person on November 26, 2007, 09:35:07 PM
And that's why courts and lawyers exist.

lol

Lawyers are scum and the justice system in this country sucks.
TAKE UR MEDICINE

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: InbredPsychosis on November 27, 2007, 12:03:36 PM
lol

Lawyers are scum and the justice system in this country sucks.
um not really psyduck;

Our only problem is that punishment for crimes are often quite severe when compared to other developed nations. Overall, it's still pretty damn good.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

guff

Quote from: Lawlz on November 27, 2007, 01:33:11 PM
Our only problem...
cook
...punishment for crimes are often quite severe when compared to other developed nations.
sources please

Selkie

um not really psyduck;

Our only problem is that punishment for crimes are often quite severe when compared to other developed nations. Overall, it's still pretty damn good.

If a burglar hurts himself in your home, and he can get a good lawyer, he can sue you.

Good system? wut?

The problem with our justice system is that it isn't based on morals but based on SYSTEM.

Daddy

Quote from: Selkie on November 27, 2007, 04:49:15 PM
If a burglar hurts himself in your home, and he can get a good lawyer, he can sue you.

Good system? wut?

The problem with our justice system is that it isn't based on morals but based on SYSTEM.

Basing a justice system on something as subjective as morals is a horrible idea.

guff

Good system? wut?
civil law is very very much different from criminal law psyduck;
whose morals would we go by psyduck;

oh and this just in: the justice system is based on SYSTEM cook

Selkie

Quote from: JMV290 on November 27, 2007, 04:53:27 PM
Basing a justice system on something as subjective as morals is a horrible idea.

We would go with what would generally be considered right.

Sending a father of 3 kids to jail because he killed a burglar defending his family would not happen.

Oh no, that probably goes against one out of 300 million people's morals, so we should jail him.

guff

Quote from: Selkie on November 28, 2007, 12:20:09 PM
We would go with what would generally be considered right.
how would that be determined psyduck;

Selkie

guff

Go Up