October 01, 2024, 12:50:10 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

What company makes the Wii's SD cards?

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, November 22, 2007, 06:09:21 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

Is it Nintendo themselves or someone like SanDisk?

bluaki

It's Sandisk. The Wii SD cards are merely Sandisk cards with white casing instead of blue and a white sticker with "Wii" and "Nintendo" added to it.

Sam

I just use the 1gb card that came with my camera when necessary. Slapping "Wii" on an ordinary SanDisk SD card is a sorry excuse to charge $10 mroe than other brands, look around before you buy cause they all work the same.
1.8mb is too huge for a sig nigga

bluaki

Quote from: samsam on November 22, 2007, 06:33:21 PM
I just use the 1gb card that came with my camera when necessary. Slapping "Wii" on an ordinary SanDisk SD card is a sorry excuse to charge $10 mroe than other brands, look around before you buy cause they all work the same.
One time when I was at Gamestop, the Wii 2GB SD cards costed about $10 less than an ordinary 2GB SanDisk card at Wal-Mart. The same Gamestop told me that both the 1gig and 2gig cards are exactly the same price. Probably an error with their price records, but I took advantage of it and got the card then.

Feynman

The artist formally known

Quote from: samsam on November 22, 2007, 06:33:21 PM
Actually I'm kind of glad they did that because some people would never figure out that you can use the same SD card as most cameras. I just use my camera one.

Also unless you're buying those cards on black friday or online they're overpriced as hell anyways (with or without the Wii label on it) I bought a micro 1gb SD card for $10 online with free shipping and Wal-mart is charging $22 for theirs.

spaceman

Quote from: reefer on November 23, 2007, 11:09:43 AM
Actually I'm kind of glad they did that because some people would never figure out that you can use the same SD card as most cameras. I just use my camera one.

Also unless you're buying those cards on black friday or online they're overpriced as hell anyways (with or without the Wii label on it) I bought a micro 1gb SD card for $10 online with free shipping and Wal-mart is charging $22 for theirs.

always low prices :|

Go Up