June 23, 2024, 01:09:02 PM

1,531,270 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Mario and Sonic at Olympic Games

Started by Wrench, November 09, 2007, 06:19:11 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Wrench

Has anyone gotten it yet? Or at least tried it?

I need to know if it's good or not. I try not to go by IGN and Gamestop scores.

YPrrrr

My guess would be that it's going to be terrible

mariofreak

Quote from: Your Posting Rival on November 09, 2007, 08:03:16 PM
My guess would be that it's going to be terrible
and you would be correct

i was considering it but then i realized there was so much better coming out this month

Commander Fuckass

I'd say it would probably be a good party game, but thats about it.
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Title27GT

I have a copy sitting on my desk that my brother lendt me from the video store but im afraid to put it in my Wii

YPrrrr

Quote from: Joba Chamberlain on November 11, 2007, 10:03:25 AM
I have a copy sitting on my desk that my brother lendt me from the video store but im afraid to put it in my Wii
Yeah it's a trap.

It explodes into bright colors and sing-alongs, making anyone who catch you think you're homosexual

Gambit17

I got it guys. I haven't played it much, but from what I've seen, it's pretty good. Major thing we have to understand here. It's the olympics. The olympics are as nationally popular as football is. (soccer) I think anyway. Also, we're looking at a synchronizing of companies. A partnership.

That's all this game is really. A seal of approval. Not intended to be really Epic in any sense, just to get people into the whole "oh that's so awesome nintendo and sega are good friends now, i'm gonna go buy the game to support this effort" mood.

And while it does a good job at incorporating characters into the game, I kinda feel like I'm watching a the Navy and Marines participate in a friendly game of Monopoly. I mean, Mario and Sonic, and both of their respective franchise characters, in a battle of speed, power, and skill. Yeah, that's all peachy and shit, but why couldn't it have been more like the strikers' games? Those games are fucking awesome, and the sport is football, so you can't go wrong. yes; It needed a more gritty attitude. I mean there is to a certain degree, I was just expecting more. :P

I guess it might be unfair to expect something that rough, in a game like this. Like I said, it's like, the first time both of these characters have been in a game before. So I think they wanted to keep it as pg as possible, if you catch my drift.

I dunno, I like the game. It's cool. Would I recommend it if you wanna save your cash for A+ games? Probably not. I'd say go out and spend your money on mass effect, assassins creed, galaxy, or hell, even pay off brawl or something. Great game, just not worth the price if you wanna get the most out of your dollars. china;

The artist formally known

Game looks terrible though I'd like to have it in my collection one day, just not for $50

mariofreak

Quote from: reefer on November 13, 2007, 01:32:00 AM
Game looks terrible though I'd like to have it in my collection one day, just not for $50

same, unless i can get my retarded friend to trade rayman for it, which could happen

The artist formally known

Quote from: miladmaaan on November 13, 2007, 08:52:53 PM
same, unless i can get my retarded friend to trade rayman for it, which could happen
Thats worth it but only because Rayman games go down in price and Mario games go down to about $20-$30 and stay there

mariofreak

Quote from: reefer on November 14, 2007, 02:22:31 PM
Thats worth it but only because Rayman games go down in price and Mario games go down to about $20-$30 and stay there
plus, rayman sucked ass. mario games would look better in my collection anyways.

Go Up