October 03, 2024, 03:57:55 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Rock Band downloadable content is cheap than Guitar Hero III's

Started by The artist formally known, November 14, 2007, 09:02:19 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

The artist formally known

$1-3 per song and you're not forced to buy a pack of songs, you can buy one song even if it's in a pack. Rock Band is doing a lot better than GH3 in my eyes. As long as Rock Band makes some very very hard songs than they'll sell a lot more than GH3 has

QuoteY'know what? Usage of Robin's "Holy (noun), Batman!" catch phrase often marks any given blog post as pedestrian but ... what the hell. Holy Rock Band downloadable content prices, Batman! We visited Harmonix earlier today, but "mum" was the word regarding DLC pricing, but now we know why ... because they love GameSpot a little bit more than us.

Harmonix revealed that instead of charging 500 Microsoft Points ($6.25) for a three song pack as Activision does with Guitar Hero III, they would be releasing the packs for 440 Microsoft Points ($5.49) with -- and here's the kicker -- the option to download individual songs without purchasing the entire pack. Single track pricing starts as low as 80 Microsoft Points ($0.99) and can go as high as 240 Microsoft Points ($2.99), but the "vast majority" will be priced at 159 Microsoft Points ($1.99).

Some of the standout singles planned for release include Weezer's "Buddy Holly," The Clash's "I Fought The Law," and Radiohead's "My Iron Lung." For a full breakdown of the first five weeks of planned DLC for Rock Band, hit the break. Commence dancing in the streets elsewhere (or in the comments).

Week of November 20, 2007: (*--asterisk denotes a cover version)
Metallica Pack
"Ride the Lightning"
"Blackened"
"And Justice for All"

The Police Pack
"Can't Stand Losing You"
"Synchronicity II"
"Roxanne"

Queens of the Stone Age Pack
"3's and 7's"
"Little Sister"
"Sick Sick Sick"

Individual Tracks
"Fortunate Son" by Creedence Clearwater Revival (Cover)
"Juke Box Hero" by Foreigner (Cover)
"Bang a Gong (Get It On)" by T-Rex (Cover)
"My Sharona" by The Knack (Cover)
"Cherry Bomb" by The Runaways (Cover)
"Joker & The Thief"--Wolfmother

Week of November 27, 2007
David Bowie Pack
"Moonage Daydream"
"Heroes" (Cover)
"Queen Bitch" (Cover)

Week of December 4, 2007
Black Sabbath Pack (Covers)
"N.I.B."
"Sweet Leaf"
"War Pigs"

Week of December 11, 2007
Punk Pack
"Rockaway Beach" by The Ramones
"I Fought the Law" by The Clash
"Ever Fallen In Love" by Buzzcocks (Cover)

Week of December 18, 2007
Individual Tracks
"My Iron Lung" by Radiohead
"Buddy Holly" by Weezer
"Brass in Pocket" by The Pretenders (Cover)

Quote from: steal on November 15, 2007, 11:08:12 AM
They picked some damn good tracks for that Metallica pack. The solo on Ride the Lightning alone is worth the 5 bucks.
Don't forget the awesome The Police pack myface;

YPrrrr

... There are a lot better Clash songs than the 2 so far IMO.

Tommy Gun and English Civil War would have been great for the drum kit.

mariofreak

KonohaShinobi

Wrench

QuoteWeek of December 11, 2007
Punk Pack
"Rockaway Beach" by The Ramones
"I Fought the Law" by The Clash
"Ever Fallen In Love" by Buzzcocks (Cover)

DO WANT

Also, will be getting Rock Band for the PS2.  caterpie;

Basically only for drums.

Quote from: steal on November 15, 2007, 07:26:30 PM
Eh, the only songs that I'd really want it for are Welcome Home and Paranoid... and Paranoid is already on Guitar Hero III. And of course, that Metallica pack, but I can't get that because of internets.

So yeah, I'm not that stoked about Rock Band, but I can't wait to get my hands on Guitar Hero III.
You liked Coheed and Cambria? I had no idea  wub;

mariofreak

I could care less for the music, I just love the thought of playing with 3 other people in a band.

Quote from: steal on November 15, 2007, 09:10:47 PM
Yeah, I've been kind of addicted to them since my friend lent me all their albums, No World For Tomorrow is my favorite, but I have to say Welcome Home is my favorite song of theirs. It's just so damn epic.

Before I didn't like them because all I had heard was A Favor House Atlantic, but when I actually gave them a shot I found out I really love a lot of their stuff. Plus it's just awesome how all the albums follow a continuous story, even though I can't really make sense of the plot. powerofone;
Welcome and 21:12 are my favorite

unkown

No way, my cusin owns SMFforfree.com that means I can shut this site down myself cool...

Oh and check your pm's steal, you fag bitch! caterpie;

Geno

I didn't want Rock Band much... until I found out that one of the bonus songs will be a song by Timmy and the Lords of the underworld from South Park  burned;
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Quote from: Geno. on November 17, 2007, 12:13:17 AM
I didn't want Rock Band much... until I found out that one of the bonus songs will be a song by Timmy and the Lords of the underworld from South Park  burned;
What the fuck, gay gay gay you are gay for that too

unwelc0med

Quote from: Unwelc0med on November 21, 2007, 11:53:40 AM
which one has better songs? (has none of them)
Depends on your liking. I like GH3's songs that come with the game better but Rock Band has some great songs too. I can't wait to play Coheed and Cambria, Rush, Radio Head, and as always Blue Oyster Cult.

unwelc0med

Quote from: reefer on November 21, 2007, 01:40:23 PM
Depends on your liking. I like GH3's songs that come with the game better but Rock Band has some great songs too. I can't wait to play Coheed and Cambria, Rush, Radio Head, and as always Blue Oyster Cult.

what about jam sessions for ds? Is that good?

Go Up