July 04, 2024, 09:02:31 AM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Wow.

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, November 11, 2007, 06:32:22 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

http://gonintendo.com/

"Eiji Aonuma was interviewed in the latest issue of Official Nintendo Magazine (UK), and he had some very interesting things to say. I don?t want to misquote Mr. Aonuma on this first part, so I?ve copied this first bit word for word.

Ocarina of Time was the first title I worked on, and I was continuously tackling challenges every day during its development, so I think this is the title I feel I impacted the most. I believe that experience made me what I am now. I always think about what we couldn?t do and what didn?t work well in the previous game when we start a new title, but there?s no game that I would want to actually change as such. I have to say though, the first Zelda game that I played and felt potential in was Link to the Past. I?m actually very interested in what it would be like if we remade that title as a 3D game.

Mr. Aonuma also states that he?s constantly thinking about what can be done in the next Zelda title that will surprise gamers. As far as graphics go, he can?t really say what approach the team will take. It depends on what visual style will best work with the story and gameplay. He says that the next Zelda could even end up with a graphical style that we didn?t even think of yet."

I hope it's true. mango

Tomboh

The 2D would still probably be much better, but I would love aLttP in 3D.

Samus Aran

Just as long as they don't fuck it up too bad, sure. aLttP has one of the better storylines when it comes to Zelda games, so they wouldn't have to worry about a lame-ass forced story.

Something tells me they'd add some shit that'd ruin it though.

ncba93ivyase

Jesus Christ, just give me a sequel to Zelda II and the entire team can happily go to hell after that. :|

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Lawlz on November 11, 2007, 11:54:58 AM
Jesus Christ, just give me a sequel to Zelda II

I agree, I loved Zelda II. wub;

Quoteand the entire team can happily go to hell after that. :|

fuck no :'(

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Kazakhstan on November 11, 2007, 11:52:35 AM
Just as long as they don't fuck it up too bad, sure. aLttP has one of the better storylines when it comes to Zelda games, so they wouldn't have to worry about a lame-ass forced story.

Something tells me they'd add some shit that'd ruin it though.

It's Zelda, they couldn't possibly scew up too badly. I'm sure it'll be great. wub;

Tomboh

Zelda II was pure shit. psyduck;

Side scrolling Zelda? lmao

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Punta Tombo on November 11, 2007, 12:05:51 PM

You're just made because you sucked too much to beat it. chin;

Samus Aran

Quote from: NINTENDUDE312 on November 11, 2007, 11:59:35 AM
It's Zelda, they couldn't possibly scew up too badly. I'm sure it'll be great. wub;

Well, Twilight Princess wasn't very good, and look how long they tried to make that a good game. caterpie;

Just because it's Zelda doesn't mean they can't mess up.

And for some reason I sort of want to give TP another chance sometime soon. I might start some sort of attempt at a second playthrough tonight.

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Kazakhstan on November 11, 2007, 12:08:11 PM
Well, Twilight Princess wasn't very good, and look how long they tried to make that a good game. caterpie;

Just because it's Zelda doesn't mean they can't mess up.

And for some reason I sort of want to give TP another chance sometime soon. I might start some sort of attempt at a second playthrough tonight.

I loved TP. I honestly didn't see anything wrong with it. It had a couple of flaws, but it was still awesome. wub;

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: NINTENDUDE312 on November 11, 2007, 11:56:13 AM
I agree, I loved Zelda II. wub;
fuck no :'(
Wind Waker was decent at best, the Oracle games were godly (though not exactly made by Nintendo), and Majora's Mask was pretty good. But really, nothing good has been pumped out since 2001.
Quote from: Punta Tombo on November 11, 2007, 12:05:51 PM

It had an awesome Castlevania feel.  If it was given another title instead of being labeled as 'Zelda', it would've received much more praise, though few people would have ever purchased it. It was different from the others, but superior.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Lawlz on November 11, 2007, 12:11:52 PM
Wind Waker was decent at best, the Oracle games were godly (though not exactly made by Nintendo), and Majora's Mask was pretty good. But really, nothing good has been pumped out since 2001.

And that's here you're wrong. While I definately agree that OoA/S, Majora's Mask and Wind waker were incredible, the Four Swords games, Twilight Princess and PH were too. wub;
I can't say anything about Minish Cap as I haven't yet played it...myface;
Even if you didn't like the last few Zelda games, I'm sure something good will come out some time soon. chin;

Tomboh

Quote from: NINTENDUDE312 on November 11, 2007, 12:06:28 PM
You're just made because you sucked too much to beat it. chin;
lol i got like half way through

It just sucked too much and I thought I gave it enough chance to turn around. I couldn't bare playing it any longer. gonk;

Tomboh

Quote from: NINTENDUDE312 on November 11, 2007, 12:16:57 PM
were incredible, the Four Swords games,.... PH were too. wub;
v;

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Punta Tombo on November 11, 2007, 12:18:14 PM
lol i got like half way through

It just sucked too much and I thought I gave it enough chance to turn around. I couldn't bare playing it any longer. gonk;

It's tough, but getting into the next dungeon is always worth it. Especially the final one. Simply awesome. wub;

Go Up