April 17, 2024, 09:10:16 PM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Recently purchased, played & beaten

Started by reeper, November 08, 2007, 01:43:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

Samus Aran

im having a lot of fun with puyo puyo tetris 2

but man the "fusion" mode is complete garbage, thankfully its very rare you have to play it in story mode

Hiro

Nyerp

silvertone

Quote from: Magyarorszag on November 09, 2007, 05:05:18 PM
Quote from: WrenchNinja on November 09, 2007, 05:03:52 PMOr get a used PS2 for like 70 bucks.
No way, I can't stand buying used products, unless there's no other way to get it, like N64 or GBC games.
is this true

silvertone

finished wind waker and yume nikki this month

Samus Aran

silvertone

yeah. i really liked yume nikki.  it took me a bit but once i got into it, it really sucked me in. i had to use a vague map eventually but i got about half the effects before i needed it. gotta try some of the fan games sometime

as for wind waker......it has good music

Samus Aran

yume nikki is probably more important to me than any other indie game - its been a huge inspiration to me in a lot of ways and i still think about it a lot

by the way, if you were ever thinking about playing the 3d remake of it, dont bother lol. it has its own merits but its mostly not very good, and is a completely different game

silvertone

Quote from: Samus Aran on July 01, 2021, 12:20:12 PMyume nikki is probably more important to me than any other indie game - its been a huge inspiration to me in a lot of ways and i still think about it a lot

by the way, if you were ever thinking about playing the 3d remake of it, dont bother lol. it has its own merits but its mostly not very good, and is a completely different game
ooked at the 3d game and i was instantly not interested even though it is 3 bucks rn. i wanna play yume 2kki and some other fan games some time

also yea i can see this one sticking with me. i kinda wish i didnt put it off for so long

also i like fat madotsuki

TooB

strongbad

relearning how to play melee on a weird ass controller lol

Hiro

Quote from: Samus Aran on July 01, 2021, 12:20:12 PMyume nikki is probably more important to me than any other indie game - its been a huge inspiration to me in a lot of ways and i still think about it a lot

I didn't know there was a remake of it, weird

also kaz I saw these a few weeks ago and was going to share them with you but didn't for some reason:
https://www.fangamer.com/collections/yume-nikki/products/yume-nikki-sweater-costume
https://www.fangamer.com/collections/yume-nikki/products/yume-nikki-nexus-shirt

Samus Aran

Those are cool Hiro, don't think I'd wear them tho

Anyway, played through Doom Eternal. Just finished it this morning and it was fuckin sick. Enjoyed it even more than Doom 2016. The new movement tech really opens up the game and makes combat such a blast, the new weapons rule, the demon variety is much improved (glad to see the arachnotron back from DIi), and navigating the environment between the big battles just feels much better, and less of an afterthought.

I have to admit I really struggled with the Icon of Sin, but that's on me for not properly utilizing flame belch and blood punch combos to keep my armor up.

Anyway, great game. wrench;

I hope that rumor about the Quake reboot is true, though I would prefer it to be like, dark gothic theming and Lovecraftian horror like Q1 was, and not so much the sci-fi Quake that came later.

silvertone

itd be cool if it was q1 world with q2 story progression.

Samus Aran

finished FEZ this morning, it was pretty good but why is the seizure-inducing ending so fucking long