April 23, 2024, 04:43:30 PM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Recently purchased, played & beaten

Started by reeper, November 08, 2007, 01:43:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

TooB

Quote from: Samus Aran on February 17, 2021, 04:02:49 AMstarted the OG Fire Emblem

reminder that the localized version of this game, on the Switch eShop, is only available until the end of March for some stupid reason

Oh yeah. I gotta nab that

silvertone

Quote from: Samus Aran on February 17, 2021, 04:02:49 AMstarted the OG Fire Emblem

reminder that the localized version of this game, on the Switch eShop, is only available until the end of March for some stupid reason
how is it

Samus Aran

Quote from: silvertone on February 23, 2021, 02:19:51 PM

is it

p good, obviously very old and limited, but even in the first one a surprisingly large amount of fire emblem staples are present, such as most main classes, class changing, item/weapon details like durability and advantages/disadvantages, transforming classes like manakete, recruiting certain enemies by talking to them with certain units (usually marth or caeda), interacting with villages on the map, etc. in addition to simply enjoyable combat. it's kind of wild how right they got it the very first time. i think pretty much the only important fire emblem mechanic that's entirely missing is the support system.

silvertone

Samus Aran

lately i've been playing a ton of the original Rollercoaster Tycoon. not sure what clicked in me but i suddenly really wanted ot play it and i've been banging out scenarios in it for like the past five days. i never actually beat every scenario as a kid, so this time i'm going for actually completing this game.

Hiro

strongbad

Quote from: Samus Aran on March 07, 2021, 02:05:28 AMlately i've been playing a ton of the original Rollercoaster Tycoon. not sure what clicked in me but i suddenly really wanted ot play it and i've been banging out scenarios in it for like the past five days. i never actually beat every scenario as a kid, so this time i'm going for actually completing this game.
That actually sounds really fun. Some of them are hard as fuck (at least from what I remember as a dumb 12 year old)

Samus Aran

Finished Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu this morning. It was fun but man it's unfortunate just how simplified it is. Especially the lack of abilities and held items. I get that it's a remake of Yellow, but the FRLG remakes of RB certainly didn't have that issue lol.

But ya I know it's supposed to be an entry into the series for the Pokemon GO kids, and in that regard it's pretty good. I don't really mind the Pokemon GO style catching. It's also really cool and fun riding your Pokemon as you travel around. Riding Arcanine changed to riding Aerodactyl later on.

Anyway it's pretty subpar as a Pokemon game but it's still enjoyable. Interesting way to re-experience Gen 1.

Samus Aran

Nyerp

ME##

Samus Aran

Samus Aran

Bought Nier Replicant and RE8 baddood;

SO MANY GAMES LATELY

Samus Aran

and now i bought/preordered Dangun Feveron and Bug Fables from Limited Run

wish i had been paying enough attention and had gotten the og Shantae from them when they were selling that

tbh tho theres a ton of things i wish i had bought from LRG, or even known they were printing it to begin with. ive missed a ton of releases.

Hiro

Go Up