April 16, 2024, 12:03:04 PM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Recently purchased, played & beaten

Started by reeper, November 08, 2007, 01:43:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

Hiro

menat a cute but v never looked all that fun to me

Samus Aran

i actually completely forgot about menat lol, i haven't really seen anyone playing her tbh

strongbad

Quote from: Samus Aran on November 20, 2020, 05:12:04 PM
Quote from: strongbad on November 20, 2020, 04:27:32 PM
Quote from: Samus Aran on November 20, 2020, 01:49:11 PM
Quote from: strongbad on November 20, 2020, 12:21:28 PMmy main gaming bud moved back from australia and we have been playing a lot of SFV

very fun

i barely even recognize the game anymore it's changed so much lol, i was thinking about upgrading to the current version finally and playing it
i have only ever played Chun Li and it feels pretty much the same as it did a year ago lol

i've thought about upgrading but also i like Chun Li sooooo

i mean i only have the vanilla version of the game lmao i'm missing like 3/4 of the roster
same. i am just very very main-oriented in fighters so i already feel overwhelmed with the base cast. tbh i'd prefer it if fighers only had like 8 (balanced) characters so i don't have to learn as many matchups but that probably comes from ssbm where there aren't very many viable characters.

Samus Aran

Quote from: strongbad on November 20, 2020, 05:48:12 PM
Quote from: Samus Aran on November 20, 2020, 05:12:04 PM
Quote from: strongbad on November 20, 2020, 04:27:32 PM
Quote from: Samus Aran on November 20, 2020, 01:49:11 PM
Quote from: strongbad on November 20, 2020, 12:21:28 PMmy main gaming bud moved back from australia and we have been playing a lot of SFV

very fun

i barely even recognize the game anymore it's changed so much lol, i was thinking about upgrading to the current version finally and playing it
i have only ever played Chun Li and it feels pretty much the same as it did a year ago lol

i've thought about upgrading but also i like Chun Li sooooo

i mean i only have the vanilla version of the game lmao i'm missing like 3/4 of the roster
same. i am just very very main-oriented in fighters so i already feel overwhelmed with the base cast. tbh i'd prefer it if fighers only had like 8 (balanced) characters so i don't have to learn as many matchups but that probably comes from ssbm where there aren't very many viable characters.

yeah, thats pretty much only a thing in vanilla games. these days, it's much more marketable and much better for the longevity of a game's community for there to be a trickle of characters that come out and continuous balance patches to help smooth things out over time

while it does suck, obviously, that dlc is the way things are now...on the other hand, the continued support is nice, and that's kind of why there's no current fgs with bad balances or broken/worthless characters anymore

Hiro

my only issue is character dlc always costs way too much, like why can I buy the game for $25 with 15 characters and then then every character is like $8 individually or I can buy $30 season passes with 4 or 5 characters, it's just stupid and it sucks that it's been so successful at that price point. I don't think a new character should cost more than like $5 or $15 for a season pass

strongbad

going for my first hard win in Spelunky2, have so far made it to Duat twice. first time i actually killed osiris but didn't realize i needed to grab the tablet of destiny so i went through the portal without it and then got mad. second time died to osiris :( shit is so hard

also been trying to relearn ssbm with keyboard controls in preparation of my hitbox esque controller arriving in a month or so. wonder if i'll ever get back to where i was with the gcn controller

Samus Aran

oh btw strongbad are u playing sfv on ps4 or pc

if u have it on ps4 we should play some time

strongbad

Samus Aran

literally did not know that game has crossplay lmao

strongbad

Quote from: Samus Aran on November 27, 2020, 07:57:14 PMliterally did not know that game has crossplay lmao
yeah it kind of forgives the need to make a capcom network or whatever account haha

Samus Aran

I've been playing this rhythm game called Muse Dash and it's been really fun

I've also started playing DBFZ again because now I also have it on PC and it's just easier for me to get myself to play things that are on PC lol

Samus Aran

Last night we (me, Notsid, Popsi, Zidone) played through Crawl. I was the one who beat the final boss, epic gamer that I am.

Was fun. wrench;

C.Mongler

Crawl is one of my favorite multiplayer games heck yea 

strongbad

i've always been interested in that game

bought the new shiren the wanderer switch port which should be fun

strongbad

Quote from: strongbad on December 04, 2020, 08:34:48 AMi've always been interested in that game

bought the new shiren the wanderer switch port which should be fun
frick i need to play this

been very sucked into melee online and am eagerly awaiting my rectangle controller for the sake of my hands. also really excited about spelunky2 co-op

Go Up