April 18, 2024, 05:35:42 PM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Recently purchased, played & beaten

Started by reeper, November 08, 2007, 01:43:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Quote from: Samus Aran on November 17, 2019, 10:53:17 PMi'm halfway through Celeste. what a wonderful, charming game. i remember some naysayers saying things like "it's just super meat boy on a mountain" and stuff. pretty far from the mark.
nah it aint lol

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

also i think some shit is about to go down in fire emble

Samus Aran

Quote from: Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo on November 18, 2019, 09:30:07 PM
Quote from: Samus Aran on November 17, 2019, 10:53:17 PMi'm halfway through Celeste. what a wonderful, charming game. i remember some naysayers saying things like "it's just super meat boy on a mountain" and stuff. pretty far from the mark.
nah it aint lol

yeah not at all lol. what celeste is, though, is a wonderful game with incredibly fun, challenging, and rewarding gameplay. but also a very good story! the metaphors are all pretty hamfisted and obvious, but they're still important. i can't think of any other game that's done this good of a job of depicting depression and anxiety and the lengths people will go to in order to force themselves to "get better" (whether they're right or not)

Nyerp

played through star fox: assault. man, people weren't kidding when they complained about the on-foot missions. 6 out of 10 missions in the game have you running around fighting bland-looking enemies and battling against the clunky controls. on top of that, there are only THREE missions with traditional on-rails arwing segments. that's ridiculous for a star fox game. i do think that the idea of a star fox game with sections where you run around on a planet's surface is cool, but between this game and star fox adventures.......the execution was just out of their grasp at the time.

i did like the story, though. it's nice to see a star fox game where andross isn't the villain.

Samus Aran

man sometimes i forget there are more star fox games than 1, 64 and adventures

Samus Aran

Samus Aran

The Sega Genesis Mini was pretty cheap on Amazon yesterday (idk if it still is) so I bought one. Had some gift cards so I only paid $3 lol

C.Mongler

TooB

C.Mongler

TooB

Samus Aran

so remember that Yume Nikki 3D remake that came out a couple years ago? i finally played it

it's not nearly as bad as people originally made it out to be...but you do have to wonder why it even exists. it doesn't really do anything new that's all that interesting, and in fact the new platforming aspects are pretty poorly done. the fact that the game is now 3d really adds nothing, and there are quite a few endearing parts of the original that are just...missing.

i still enjoyed my time with it though. it was a serious nostalgia trip. it was interesting seeing new takes on the original scenes and areas. it's just not nearly as good as the original.

tommy_no_ice

Quote from: Travis on September 03, 2019, 02:10:01 PMalright here goes nothing

"If you have to shit then shit. If not, don't"
Quote from: Travis on November 29, 2019, 07:58:48 PMjimmy fallon his ass when he got too wasted

C.Mongler

strongbad

Quote from: C.Mongler on December 04, 2019, 08:39:50 AManyone playin' halo reach lol
just bought it

might start playing it but i am also tempted to wait until i build up my new PC next week. pretty siked regardless though

Go Up