April 18, 2024, 10:28:38 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Recently purchased, played & beaten

Started by reeper, November 08, 2007, 01:43:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

Nyerp

bumbling my way through re1 remake as chris. no tank controls of course

fuck dogs
fuck crimson heads
fuck hunters

oh god i'm running out of ammo

Samus Aran

dogs in RE games are the worst lol

iirc you can prevent at least some crimson heads by burning zombie bodies so they don't come back later but you don't have nearly enough lighter fluid to do it to all of them. hunters and a lot of crimson heads i just run past tbh

actually MOST enemies in the old re games i just run past if i can

Nyerp

yeah i've slowly learned to run past most enemies that aren't DIRECTLY in my path over the course of my playthrough lol. both to conserve precious ammo and to not create unnecessary potential crimson heads

Nyerp

well i beat it but it turns out i was playing on easy mode the whole time. >.< i picked the middle option fuck youuuuuuuuuuu

Thyme

Samus Aran

jill is the more enjoyable playthrough anyway tbh

Samus Aran

anyway i finished River City Girls. solid new entry in the River City/Kunio-kun series. great visuals and music. gameplay is mostly solid but two boss fights in particular are really bullshit tbh, definitely did not enjoy them at all lol. like a good 7.5/10 or smth game

Samus Aran

i also played through that ridiculous I Love You Colonel Sanders joke dating sim that was released on Steam a few months ago. i played it with the hope that such a stupid concept would be really funny (like Hatoful Boyfriend, etc), but unfortunately it's just really stupid and not very funny at all.

i feel like it was created solely to attract twitch streamers and get them to inadvertently advertise kfc

strongbad

Quote from: Samus Aran on November 05, 2019, 05:41:17 PManyway i finished River City Girls. solid new entry in the River City/Kunio-kun series. great visuals and music. gameplay is mostly solid but two boss fights in particular are really bullshit tbh, definitely did not enjoy them at all lol. like a good 7.5/10 or smth game
just exited the wiki page for this game lol

river city ransom is prob one of my top nes games- you think worth?

Samus Aran

Quote from: antmaster5000 on November 06, 2019, 07:18:24 AM
Quote from: Samus Aran on November 05, 2019, 05:41:17 PManyway i finished River City Girls. solid new entry in the River City/Kunio-kun series. great visuals and music. gameplay is mostly solid but two boss fights in particular are really bullshit tbh, definitely did not enjoy them at all lol. like a good 7.5/10 or smth game

well, it's normally a digital-only $30 game. at that price point, i think it's worth it yeah, especially if you're also gonna play it co-op with someone.

physical versions of the game were only done by limited run and they're all sold out

TooB

Quote from: Samus Aran on November 06, 2019, 01:24:30 PM
Quote from: antmaster5000 on November 06, 2019, 07:18:24 AM

well, it's normally a digital-only $30 game. at that price point, i think it's worth it yeah, especially if you're also gonna play it co-op with someone.

physical versions of the game were only done by limited run and they're all sold out

If you want a physical copy, I believe you can also get an English support copy from Play Asia or something still

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

thanks to Wal-Mart fuckin' up royally, I got Fire Emblem: Three Kingdoms and the expansion pass for like $9

6M69I69B9

Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

Quote from: 6M69I69B9 on November 07, 2019, 06:22:54 PMdam how
and short of it is Walmart put a wrong price on their website for FE + Expansion for 25$

I called every day complaining about not getting my game (digital copy, a code is usually emailed the day you ordered it).

eventually they emailed me the expansion pass. I complained again that I couldn't expand upon a game I didn't own

Customer Service gave me a 20$ gift card and a 10$ off promo code. bought some Nintendo Bucks with that.

redeemed the code for the dlc (since they couldn't return it anyway). Redeeming the code gave me some nintendo bonus bucks.

Then wal-mart refunded my money since it was a whole debacle (like five people promised me id get the game lol)

used all the nintendo bucks to get the base game lol.

I BEAT FF9

I stated playing this game when I was ten. Got all the way to the third disc and couldn't proceed cause it was scratched (couldn't get past the Cid part on Kuja's ship). Bought it again on the PS3 and got a little bit farther, but stopped playing again (I think I played it a lot in a short amount of time and got burned out). Tried to make progress on the Steam HD rerelease but I never had time to sit down and devote much time to a JRPG. Picked it up on the Switch this year and playing it on the go really helped me chip away at the story.

I loved everything about this game. The world is vibrant and engaging, every city has it's own personality. I was always amazed at the level of detail in the locations of the game, especially the ending (thought it was really cool to have those eyes on the wall in the end boss fight) The music is top notch (Kuja's fight music is goofy as hell but it only added to the fun of the game).

I wanted to have every playable character in my party (except Amarant who is the shittiest/most boring character in the whole game. Maybe even the worst character in the whole franchise). Zidane was a fun protagonist teeming with daring and charisma that a lot of Final Fantasy protagonists lack. Dagger was a great heroine who I kept in my part as much as I could. Steiner was the perfect uptight knight, lots of comedic moments from him. Tho the best comic relief character was Quina, who's whole reasoning for joining Zidane and co. is the try out exotic food from across the world. There's even parts in the game where the characters kinda forget about Quina, and (s)he just kinda appears out of nowhere and rejoins the party like nothing happened.

The theme to this game imo is identity. Vivi (and later Zidane) want to learn more about their past and who they really are. Dagger and Steiner have to deal with some uncomfortable truths in the monarchy they're a part of. Freya's desperately searching for a love that doesn't remember her at all, on top of dealing with being a knight who was unable to protect her people. Almost all the characters at some point or another struggle with who they are and the growing pains throughout the game really make the ending scenes so satisfying.

I enjoyed antagonists as well, though they pull the "man behind the curtain" card too many times imo (I didn't really give a shit about Garland, and thought that the actual final boss was kind of pointless but a fun fight nonetheless.) Zorn and Thorne were fun henchmen and I always loved seeing them on the screen, kinda like that koopa in the egg from Paper Mario. Annoying as a fun personality trait, not annoying as a detriment. Brahne's manipulation of her daughter was great plot driver. Kuja himself is a bit of a weak protagonist, but i enjoyed his own struggles with identity later in the game.

I'm glad I finally finished this game, watching the epilogue and seeing the end screen gave me a huge sense of closure and accomplishment. I don't know that it's got the most polished fight system (Trance happens at the worst times) but it definitely has the most personality of any of the FF games I've played.

Go Up