April 16, 2024, 08:27:19 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Recently purchased, played & beaten

Started by reeper, November 08, 2007, 01:43:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

Thyme

yeah the in-house levels really are top quality

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Samus Aran

today i reaffirmed my opinion that Block Ball is easily the worst Kirby game and just isn't very good

Nyerp

beat mega man zero. it was pretty good except for the screen crunch and weird upgrade system (which is apparently mandatory for every x-like game after x2)

Samus Aran

yeah that's pretty much exactly how i feel, though i'd call it "great" personally lol. i really like zero 1 and 2 a lot. 3 is still good too but it's a definite downgrade imo. haven't played 4 yet for some reason

i actually love the stylistic change that the zero series has, and the music is still really good too. the opening to zero 2 has one of my favorite songs in the whole mega man franchise tbh

TooB

I should really get that ds collection at some point

Nyerp

yeah that's what i'm playing it on...but on the original 3ds with its shitty d-pad smithicide;

6M69I69B9

July 24, 2019, 07:41:04 PM #20947 Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 07:51:36 PM by 6M69I69B9
so i havent played tetris 99 in months
but i wanted to stream it
first few are just garbo plays

man i must be the most inconsistent player ever
ill fuck up games and die at the 99-80 here and there.  but then ill have a streak where im like top 5 (got 1st place for one of them hell yea) for like 5-7 games then just shit the bed
tetris 99 is one of the few games i can just become accustomed to in a few sessions or so.

i think im prob gonna be streaming most of what i play now so heres that lol:
https://bit.ly/2Y8coVO

ridic how i beat the 3 below me
usually if i win, one of them beats the other and i just win over the top 2nd lmao or they team over me and i lose

Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

Samus Aran

bought a playstation classic for $20

and i bought a bunch of relatively cheap imports on ebay:

Fire Emblem 3 - Mystery of the Emblem, for Super Famicom
Puyo Puyo CD - PC Engine
Galaxy Fraulein Yuna Remix - Sega Saturn
Detana Twinbee Yahho! Deluxe Pack - Sega Saturn

they're all boxed and complete, even the fire emblem game. yuna is actually a "digital comic" meaning it's all text, so i'll have to rely somewhat on a translation but i'm hoping that i'll be able to progress my japanese learning to the point where i can at least mostly understand it. fire emblem too. but that's a lot more text.

Samus Aran

also bought some replacement shit i need for my snes and n64. new ac adaptor for the snes, and i'm taking a bit of a gamble on some supposedly good third party n64 controllers, because frankly both of my official ones have pretty shitty control sticks at this point (and i want to prevent them from getting even worse).

uhh and also a composite adapter thingy i need for my elgato

6M69I69B9

streaming smash for a while if anyone wants to sleep to a stream lol
https://bit.ly/2M8V6Ay
Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

Samus Aran

finished Mother 1, as EarthBound Beginnings on the Wii U VC. took me about 20 hours.

it was great. it really is just a more primitive EarthBound. so much of it is the same, but worse. a lot of the areas are very similar, a lot of the music is actually literally the same (just different arrangements ofc), and your general means of progression through the plot is the same as well (collecting pieces of a melody to fight giygas).

of course, mechanically though, it's very old school unforgiving rpg. super high encounter rate, exceedingly difficult late-game encounters (thank god for 4-D Slip letting you run from encounters), tons of OHKO moves flying around, etc. i wouldn't say the balance is truly bad or anything, you've got a lot of tools at your disposal, but MAN is this game unforgiving. especially when compared to EarthBound, a game that is exceedingly well balanced (for the most part). oh, and it can be grindy, but in the end not quite as grindy as people make it out to be - the final boss is very easy as long as Ninten is around level 30 and everyone has good armor on, which is hard not to have thanks to your dad giving you endless cash. and there aren't many bosses period tbh. the beginning of the game is grindy tho, that's for sure. fuck that zoo.

the writing is still heartfelt and quirky, but it's a smaller game and there's much less actual plot. less everything basically. and the music is incredible, it really takes the FC soundchip to some new heights.

tbh if you like earthbound and haven't played the original mother yet, especially when it's out on wii u vc, you really gotta do yourself a favor and play it. great game.

C.Mongler

im gonna play that soon, but i think im gonna play the 25th anniversary rom hack. it apparently fixes all the weird balance/grind/encounter rate issues the game has

strongbad

beat the final boss with all 3 Slay the Spire characters now. idk if i'm going to go for ascension 20 or not but the game is so damn addicting i probably will lol

also playing EDF5 when i can sync up with my edf bros. pretty much better than 4.1 in every way. there's a super easy level to grind for most end game weapons which takes some fun out for me but it is probably for the best since i easily spent 100+ hours weapon grinding in 4.1 lol. excited to unlock inferno so we can start going through "the real game."

Nyerp

finished yakuza kiwami. it was okay but this series isn't for me lol

Go Up