March 28, 2024, 09:47:22 AM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Recently purchased, played & beaten

Started by reeper, November 08, 2007, 01:43:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

TooB

Quote from: Nyerp on May 02, 2018, 04:16:49 PM
currently trapped in the hamster wheel that is the real estate mini"game" in yakuza 0. this isn't fun at all but it feels like this is the only way to make enough money to get the highest-tier combat upgrades. there are 6 more of these yakuza games to play.........oh boy........
you're letting one optional minigame sour the outlook of future games?

Nyerp

content being optional isn't an excuse for it being dull and grindy

TooB

Quote from: Nyerp on May 02, 2018, 07:11:19 PM
content being optional isn't an excuse for it being dull and grindy
sure, but.....
You don't have to do it.

Also, 0 is the only one with minigame

Samus Aran

currently trapped in the hamster wheel that is the real estate mini"game" in yakuza 0. this isn't fun at all but it feels like this is the only way to make enough money to get the highest-tier combat upgrades. there are 6 more of these yakuza games to play.........oh boy........

Wrong. The best way to make money is to fight Mr. Shakedown. Which is easier, faster, and more fun. You don't make pretty much any money during the real estate thing that doesn't get dumped into more real estate, especially if you're trying to max every property as well. Definitely don't use it as a money maker. When you wanna make a quick 2 billion yen, slap on your Encounter Finder and fight Mr Shakedown. He'll always have around that much for you after you've fought him enough times.

The real estate mini game is pretty fun honestly if you just do it as a background thing while you're doing other stuff too. Which is sort of the point. What you should be concerned about is the cabaret club mini game for Majima tbh. It requires much more direct interaction.

YPrrrr

Bought Kirby and Donkey Kong for the switch to play with the gf when she comes in a couple weeks

I hope they'll be fun

Nyerp

Quote from: Rin Hoshizora on May 02, 2018, 11:04:15 PM

Wrong. The best way to make money is to fight Mr. Shakedown. Which is easier, faster, and more fun. You don't make pretty much any money during the real estate thing that doesn't get dumped into more real estate, especially if you're trying to max every property as well. Definitely don't use it as a money maker. When you wanna make a quick 2 billion yen, slap on your Encounter Finder and fight Mr Shakedown. He'll always have around that much for you after you've fought him enough times.

The real estate mini game is pretty fun honestly if you just do it as a background thing while you're doing other stuff too. Which is sort of the point. What you should be concerned about is the cabaret club mini game for Majima tbh. It requires much more direct interaction.

i'd been doing lots of substories inbetween trips to the real estate office, but it's still not that fun to run back there, collect payouts, invest in properties, rearrange managers/security, etc. every single time

but i guess it's time to start actually fighting mr. shakedown lmao

TooB

mr shakedown is literally a bull.

TooB

I finished God of War yesterday.
Great fucking game, if a bit too slow to start.

Nyerp

okay wow they locked an entire combat style behind completing the real estate stuff. i assume the same goes for majima's minigame. that's a little ridiculous but i beat the game finally!

Samus Aran

Quote from: Nyerp on May 08, 2018, 09:49:50 PM
okay wow they locked an entire combat style behind completing the real estate stuff. i assume the same goes for majima's minigame. that's a little ridiculous but i beat the game finally!

yeeah, that combat style is just kind of an extra tho, and a reference to kiryu's fighting style from the first yakuza.

i never actually finished majima's side so i can't confirm if it's the same for him but i'm sure it is

Nyerp

started day of the tentacle remastered yesterday and i'm already completely stumped

Cosmic Ada

DKC: Tropical Freeze is amazing as fuck

YPrrrr

Quote from: Super on May 14, 2018, 05:06:14 AM
DKC: Tropical Freeze is amazing as fuck
I'm always one puzzle piece short  >_<'

TooB

Nyerp

1 god of war game down! hopefully those circular directional input QTEs aren't in the rest of them...please......

Go Up