April 19, 2024, 03:03:16 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Recently purchased, played & beaten

Started by reeper, November 08, 2007, 01:43:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

Kalahari Inkantation

Nyerp

witcher 3:

THE GOOD:
-good graphics, highly detailed world
-compelling story, interesting characters, good dialogue and voice acting
-some side quests are actually interesting

THE MIDDLE:
-combat is okay, not really that exciting, it's like arkham but doesn't flow quite as well
-the various monsters you face all have specific weaknesses that are kept track of in your bestiary, which makes you feel like a real monster hunter, although you'll mostly be fighting drowners and bandits

THE BAD:
-first two zones are so realistic and highly detailed that they're kind of boring; there's nothing to really look at until novigrad/skellige
-awful inventory system + barrels of useless loot will cause hours of tedium (plus annoying weapon durability and weight burden mechanics)
-most sidequests are "follow footprints and kill monster"
-all your typical open world trappings apply, like the initial overwhelming feeling you get in the beginning, the inevitable fatigue that sets in near the end, and the feeling that you're just checking off a bunch of map icons for no reason. however, all of these will vary based on the amount of the game you actually want to see

i pretty much played the game just for the story. but that's not really a bad thing for an rpg. overall, the good outweighs the bad by a huge amount. just make sure you play for the narrative rather than for an open-ended experience like you'd get in skyrim or breath of the wild. it's probably my favorite open world rpg out of the ones i played this year (ffxv, botw). why did i write all of this

Commander Fuckass

Monster Hunter World is gonna be gud
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

C.Mongler

witcher 3 is still the best shit in the world

don't let's

I got animal crossing and majora's mask

digital

strongbad

Was bored visiting my gfs family so I bought Steamworld Dig on 3ds on a bit of a whim. Pretty cool little game. I bet you've played something like it where you mine to get better weapons to mine better but this was a good rendition on that trope. Spent $8 on it and beat it in 4 hours. I wouldn't replay it but I'm glad I bought it. Ending was pretty cool.

strongbad

Thinking about buying Steamworld heist now that it's on sale for $5. I know it's a totally different game but it looks good. Anyone tried it yet?

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Nyerp on December 10, 2017, 12:29:41 AM
witcher 3:

THE GOOD:
-good graphics, highly detailed world
-compelling story, interesting characters, good dialogue and voice acting
-some side quests are actually interesting

THE MIDDLE:
-combat is okay, not really that exciting, it's like arkham but doesn't flow quite as well
-the various monsters you face all have specific weaknesses that are kept track of in your bestiary, which makes you feel like a real monster hunter, although you'll mostly be fighting drowners and bandits

THE BAD:
-first two zones are so realistic and highly detailed that they're kind of boring; there's nothing to really look at until novigrad/skellige
-awful inventory system + barrels of useless loot will cause hours of tedium (plus annoying weapon durability and weight burden mechanics)
-most sidequests are "follow footprints and kill monster"
-all your typical open world trappings apply, like the initial overwhelming feeling you get in the beginning, the inevitable fatigue that sets in near the end, and the feeling that you're just checking off a bunch of map icons for no reason. however, all of these will vary based on the amount of the game you actually want to see

i pretty much played the game just for the story. but that's not really a bad thing for an rpg. overall, the good outweighs the bad by a huge amount. just make sure you play for the narrative rather than for an open-ended experience like you'd get in skyrim or breath of the wild. it's probably my favorite open world rpg out of the ones i played this year (ffxv, botw). why did i write all of this

thx for the review, you addressed basically all my concerns about that game lol

if ever i get over my bout of open-world fatigue, i'll give wither 3 a try

Nyerp

beat mega man powered up. difficulty was mostly made easier, except for some parts where it's suddenly twice as hard. it's for that reason that i just gave up and switched to easy for the boss rush, which has 8 bosses this time but no chance to heal between fights like in every other fucking mega man game. wily machine was changed to RNG-based garbage. graphics were cutesified to the point that it looks like a kirby game, and there's now bad voice acting on top of unnecessary cutscenes that add nothing. music was absolutely ruined. the only genuine improvement this game brought was fixing mega man's weird slippery footing. other than that, it was a waste of time! :D

TooB

Quote from: Nyerp on December 17, 2017, 03:30:10 PM
beat mega man powered up. difficulty was mostly made easier, except for some parts where it's suddenly twice as hard. it's for that reason that i just gave up and switched to easy for the boss rush, which has 8 bosses this time but no chance to heal between fights like in every other fucking mega man game. wily machine was changed to RNG-based garbage. graphics were cutesified to the point that it looks like a kirby game, and there's now bad voice acting on top of unnecessary cutscenes that add nothing. music was absolutely ruined. the only genuine improvement this game brought was fixing mega man's weird slippery footing. other than that, it was a waste of time! :D
disagreed but, y'know... opinions

Commander Fuckass

bought Battlefront 2 and it's pretty fun  O_0
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Joice

haven't played warframe recently, but i beat mario odyssey and started playing pokken tournament then i got bored of those and bought okami for the ps4 cuz that's one of my fave games ever. i never collected all of the stray beads in the ps2 version but i did on the ps4. this game brings back nostalgia feels, i forgot how much i loved okami

strongbad

Spelunky 2 announced (a month ago lol how did I miss this)

Legit the only game I'm hyped for right now let's goooo

Thyme

going back to horizon for the frozen wilds after beating dark souls 3 feels so weird lol

Go Up