September 20, 2024, 08:26:04 PM

1,531,318 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Recently purchased, played & beaten

Started by The artist formally known, November 08, 2007, 01:43:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

C.Mongler

i mean adventures of mana was only 15ish bucks and this is almost certainly the same engine and the same amount of effort, so i would be shocked if they tried to full msrp this cash grab chibi garbo

TooB

I wouldn't be. Secret of Mana has a pedigree to it, its one of the biggest games in squares RPG lineup.

Adventures is not

C.Mongler

it's also a 24 year old game that they already sell a superior version of for 7.99

TooB

August 25, 2017, 08:47:40 AM #19983 Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 08:51:17 AM by Big Goop
Quote from: C.Mongler on August 25, 2017, 08:33:26 AM
it's also a 24 year old game that they already sell a superior version of for 7.99
yeah, but they don't know that.

They charged full price for a port of Chrono trigger on ds....

TooB

Quote from: Big Goop on August 25, 2017, 07:44:53 AM
http://www.gameinformer.com/games/secret_of_mana_remaster/b/playstation4/archive/2017/08/25/a-remaster-of-the-snes-classic.aspx

I'm really disappointed its digital only, especially because they'll probably still charge $40-$50 like Setsuna
I was right. It'll be $40. Digital only...

C.Mongler

hey i'll admit when i'm wrong!

it's still a fucking dipshit decision, but you called it fair and square lol. i have now gone from 'euugh' to 'yeah no way in fuck im buying that' lol good job sqaure

Thyme

i could never get into the original tbh

TooB

Quote from: Dream Dood: A Dood Dating Simulator on August 26, 2017, 10:28:32 AM
i could never get into the original tbh
me and Kaz once tried to do co-op.

Maybe we'll try again if he's down for it

TooB

The team behind the Yakuza games just announced they are making a Fist of the North Star game

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

put the yakuza games on pc @big goop

Kalahari Inkantation

i [glow=black,2,300]preordered[/glow] the [glow=black,2,300]special edition[/glow] of samus returns smithicide;

i mostly just wanted the ugly keychain

of course, i'll still be waiting for the reviews before deciding whether or not to keep it lol

TooB

Quote from: Majorana's Mask on August 26, 2017, 12:49:49 PM
i [glow=black,2,300]preordered[/glow] the [glow=black,2,300]special edition[/glow] of samus returns smithicide;

i mostly just wanted the ugly keychain

of course, i'll still be waiting for the reviews before deciding whether or not to keep it lol
I did as well. I'm keeping it.

Unless the game scores lower than 6-7

Kalahari Inkantation

ultimately i'll get it no matter what, the reviews will only be deciding whether i get it at launch for full price

threshold for not cancelling that preorder is a metacritic score of mid-80s+

TooB

Quote from: Majorana's Mask on August 26, 2017, 01:44:43 PM
ultimately i'll get it no matter what, the reviews will only be deciding whether i get it at launch for full price

threshold for not cancelling that preorder is a metacritic score of mid-80s+
same. Hands-on previews for this game seem pretty dang positive though, so unless mid to late game is suddenly awful-fawful, we should be good.

Go Up