May 08, 2024, 03:21:49 AM

1,531,622 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Recently purchased, played & beaten

Started by The artist formally known, November 08, 2007, 01:43:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Quote from: Dovydas on November 28, 2011, 07:49:58 AM
no, it's still a great game.  i was just hoping to play it online with tec, you and me. cry;

If you guys do ever play, you should let me know.

ME##

Commander Fuckass

Does snowy like Split/second  n_n

also
Just purchased: Final Fantasy IV DS

Next Purchase: Mario Kart 7
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Classic

SUNDAY: MARIO KART 77777777777777777 RUB IT

Also,
Sunday, Dec. 5th, Fortune Street comes out and is online. It's like Monopoly and Mario Party. If anyone gets it, let me know so I can beat yo ass.

Samus Aran

so i beat Uncharted 3 last night

it was fantastic, but honesty, U2 was quite a bit better. in particular, i feel like the ending of 3 was particularly weak. the "final confrontation" with marlowe and talbot was...well it wasn't really a confrontation at all. and you never really felt like talbot and marlowe were even all that big of a deal, honestly. lazarevic was a right asshole and a maniacal warlord - you felt that he needed to be stopped. but the involvement of talbot and marlowe in the story felt...distant. and talbot in particular, as devilishly handsome as he is, is a really boring character.

basically, all the action was fantastic as usual, the puzzles were even more interesting than 2's at times, plenty of good climbing and platforming although i think nothing can really top the part in 2 where you're climbing all these giant gears and cogs and shit with tenzin...it's just the characterization and maybe the storytelling in general that feels weaker in this game.

still much better than uncharted 1 as a whole, though.

Andria

Samus Aran

Quote from: Echo on December 02, 2011, 02:34:58 PM
what was the supernatural twist?

that was something that was also kind of disappointing really because the "supernatural twist" is pretty small and not really seen much in-game, and the "obligatory supernatural enemies you have to fight that were affected by the curse/whatever" were only in one tiny part and...[spoiler=actual spoiler kinda]they're not even real, it's a hallucination[/spoiler]

Commander Fuckass

Quote from: Yui on December 02, 2011, 02:17:41 PM
so i beat Uncharted 3 last night

it was fantastic, but honesty, U2 was quite a bit better. in particular, i feel like the ending of 3 was particularly weak. the "final confrontation" with marlowe and talbot was...well it wasn't really a confrontation at all. and you never really felt like talbot and marlowe were even all that big of a deal, honestly. lazarevic was a right asshole and a maniacal warlord - you felt that he needed to be stopped. but the involvement of talbot and marlowe in the story felt...distant. and talbot in particular, as devilishly handsome as he is, is a really boring character.

basically, all the action was fantastic as usual, the puzzles were even more interesting than 2's at times, plenty of good climbing and platforming although i think nothing can really top the part in 2 where you're climbing all these giant gears and cogs and shit with tenzin...it's just the characterization and maybe the storytelling in general that feels weaker in this game.

still much better than uncharted 1 as a whole, though.
good review you should work 4 joystiq

Andria

Quote from: Yui on December 02, 2011, 02:39:23 PM
that was something that was also kind of disappointing really because the "supernatural twist" is pretty small and not really seen much in-game, and the "obligatory supernatural enemies you have to fight that were affected by the curse/whatever" were only in one tiny part and...[spoiler=actual spoiler kinda]they're not even real, it's a hallucination[/spoiler]

that's just sad wry

Thyme

Quote from: Yui on December 02, 2011, 02:39:23 PM

i want to make a professor layton joke but idk how lol

~so i guess naughty dog pulled them out of the elysian box~

ME##

also i was devastated by drake's deception's lack of
[spoiler]nazis[/spoiler]

Samus Aran

oh, you asked WHAT the supernatural twist is, though?

[spoiler=seriously spoilers]basically, evil djinn (genies) were sealed in some thingy by King Solomon and cast into the depths of Iram of the Pillars/Ubar/Wabar, which tainted the water in the city and the water became a powerful hallucinatory drug and even a mind control agent that Talbot and Marlowe wanted so that their secret society could control people.

the "supernatural enemies" are just these crazy fire people during one part where Drake is hallucinating because of the water he drank when he first got to Iram

so basically the only thing truly supernatural in this game is the djinn that you don't ever see...and the effects of the djinn, i guess...but mind control is not that much of a supernatural stretch, honestly[/spoiler]

Commander Fuckass

Quote from: Yui on December 02, 2011, 02:49:08 PM
oh, you asked WHAT the supernatural twist is, though?

[spoiler=seriously spoilers]basically, evil djinn (genies) were sealed in some thingy by King Solomon and cast into the depths of Iram of the Pillars/Ubar/Wabar, which tainted the water in the city and the water became a powerful hallucinatory drug and even a mind control agent that Talbot and Marlowe wanted so that their secret society could control people.

the "supernatural enemies" are just these crazy fire people during one part where Drake is hallucinating because of the water he drank when he first got to Iram

so basically the only thing truly supernatural in this game is the djinn that you don't ever see...and the effects of the djinn, i guess...but mind control is not that much of a supernatural stretch, honestly[/spoiler]
u mean this thing??????????????

Classic

Good thing Dr. Shrader pulled through after opening Pandora's Box, Thyme.

Wrench

Probably getting Mario Kart 7 TOMORROW

Kmart is giving a $15 gaming coupon with purchase!

Go Up