April 19, 2024, 05:38:56 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Recently purchased, played & beaten

Started by reeper, November 08, 2007, 01:43:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

silvertone

yea. q1 is fucking awesome. that or first doom os my favorite id game. q2 was not as cool. and q3 is ok. i suck too much at it to get rly good at it

strongbad

been playing valorant for maybe like 6 months now. originally placed in iron 1 (lowest possible) and FINALLY climbed to bronze (which is still the bottom 10% of players lmao). fun to make progress though. took me a while to figure shit out with no counterstrike background but i feel like i've finally grasped the game

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Frustrated by Golf Story so I decided to play Pokemon Clover instead. 4chan romhack of pokemon firered. Shits actually pretty funny lol

strongbad

Quote from: The Hand That Fisted Everyone on October 05, 2020, 09:29:24 AMFrustrated by Golf Story so I decided to play Pokemon Clover instead. 4chan romhack of pokemon firered. Shits actually pretty funny lol
oh damn that sounds fun

silvertone

been wanting to replay lego rock raiders

Samus Aran

played through Layers of Fear today

it's pretty sick honestly, but it's a bit exhausting. and by that i mean that while it is really cool how the game cleverly changes the environment around you, has really interesting puzzles, has great atmosphere, and has a really cool narrative style (and an interesting story)...there's like no breathing room at all. scare after scare, rooms constantly changing one after another, almost no room is just a normal room and i got kinda tired of it by the last half hour or so. if this game was longer than 4 hours, it'd be a real problem. since it's a short game...it's a smaller problem. but it's still pretty significant. some of the less positive reviews for this game seem to echo this being an issue, however imo they make it out to be worse than it is.

still, it's a really cool game with some extremely clever design. solid package. just could have been a lot better than it is if it had any knowledge of the word "subtlety" lol. its like a 7.5/10 or smth boys

C.Mongler

Quote from: Samus Aran on October 07, 2020, 08:34:19 PMplayed through Layers of Fear today

it's pretty sick honestly, but it's a bit exhausting. and by that i mean that while it is really cool how the game cleverly changes the environment around you, has really interesting puzzles, has great atmosphere, and has a really cool narrative style (and an interesting story)...there's like no breathing room at all. scare after scare, rooms constantly changing one after another, almost no room is just a normal room and i got kinda tired of it by the last half hour or so. if this game was longer than 4 hours, it'd be a real problem. since it's a short game...it's a smaller problem. but it's still pretty significant. some of the less positive reviews for this game seem to echo this being an issue, however imo they make it out to be worse than it is.

still, it's a really cool game with some extremely clever design. solid package. just could have been a lot better than it is if it had any knowledge of the word "subtlety" lol. its like a 7.5/10 or smth boys
lol i played this shit and i thought the room-changing stuff was really neat and spooked me many a time, but i really disliked how little 'game' there actually is since you're basically just going from room to room with no challenges, which i can tolerate if there's a cool story to back it up, but i also couldn't care less about that in this game either. also the voice acting was really bad from what i remember, which turned up the corndog dial quite a bit.
i was hoping the second one was going to be better, but by most accounts its worse lol idk maybe if i can cop it for a dollar some day i'll try that one too

Samus Aran

Yeah I wish there was more actual interaction with things beyond "touching something and then the room changes"

Also ngl I think I was being too easy on the game it's rly more like a 7 at best lol but I did still like it plenty

I didn't actually think the voice acting was all that bad? It's definitely very exaggerated though. It was very similar to the the voice acting is in Amnesia

Samus Aran

had an itch for some relaxing elder scrolls-ing and i saw that there was a bundle on steam for morrowind, oblivion, and skyrim. i wasn't particularly looking to buy skyrim again rn because i doubt my pc can run it at good settings, but i was interested in replaying oblivion again and i've never played morrowind sooo...guess who's playing morrowind for the first time now.

n_u

thank god for graphic extension and bugfix mods

C.Mongler

been playing a shitload of Control since i got a 3080. shit's incredibly good wtf

silvertone

Quote from: Snowy on October 07, 2020, 09:08:18 PMHalo 2 on legendary sucks ass I'm never doing that again.
did u beat it?  i cant lol

strongbad

got to 6-4 on the latest spelunky 2 daily- best run yet and pretty stoked that i did it on a daily. top 100 bby

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Quote from: strongbad on October 18, 2020, 11:46:08 AMgot to 6-4 on the latest spelunky 2 daily- best run yet and pretty stoked that i did it on a daily. top 100 bby
d i just bought this.

i haven't made it further than the second world so far tho

strongbad

i am super impressed with it. i looooooved spelunky hd and this is exactly what i wanted out of a sequel.

Samus Aran

still just morrowinding away

its nice to just lose myself in a game like this right now

Go Up