April 28, 2024, 10:27:21 AM

1,531,646 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Recently purchased, played & beaten

Started by reeper, November 08, 2007, 01:43:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

C.Mongler

TooB

It really does suck about the controls tho because that game has a lot of charm

strongbad

doesn't using a gcn controller solve that?

TooB

strongbad

Quote from: TooB on February 21, 2019, 01:49:44 PM
Quote from: antmaster5000 on February 21, 2019, 01:45:02 PMdoesn't using a gcn controller solve that?

On a 3ds game?
o i thought we were talking about smash lol

although i'm sure if you could hack your 3ds to take a gcn controller it would be better than the stand lol

Samus Aran

strongbad

Quote from: Samus Aran on February 21, 2019, 08:25:04 PM
Quote from: antmaster5000 on February 21, 2019, 01:50:55 PM
Quote from: TooB on February 21, 2019, 01:49:44 PM
Quote from: antmaster5000 on February 21, 2019, 01:45:02 PMdoesn't using a gcn controller solve that?

On a 3ds game?
o i thought we were talking about smash lol

these jokes just write themselves
to be fair there were smash posts just a few posts up and sakurai made kid icarus

Minus;

Quote from: YPrrrr on February 14, 2019, 08:23:47 AMThe new Tetris game is fun. I am a 10th - 20th place man.

Apparently just going for double tetrises isn't optimal

Tetris 99? it's so fun, but god do i suck. placed 5th once, then 93rd right after. i've found that i'm consistently inconsistent 

6M69I69B9

rush warrior is so fun in hs
holy shit lol
Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

Commander Fuckass

really fuckin tempted to buy Dead or Alive 6

shit was fun when the Beta was out
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

AAAAAAAA

Wargroove is hard, or maybe I've always been real bad at Advance Wars.

Samus Aran

been playing valkyria chronicles 4 quite a bit

new grenadier unit is cool, and i'm glad that the sword wielding armor unit from vc2 is absent. it was dumb

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Quote from: SloppyJimbo on March 02, 2019, 07:42:49 PMWargroove is hard, or maybe I've always been real bad at Advance Wars.
nah its hard as hell

Samus Aran

Bought some N64 games. Perfect Dark and DK64 so I can finally play them and see for myself how good/bad they really are. Rush 2 because I have the first and third games and it's a childhood game missing from my collection. And Turok 2 because it's also a childhood game I'm missing. Even though I already know it's not all that good lol.

Tbh for the latter two it's kinda cause I wanna make videos about those series.

Nyerp

dumb, pointless SPOILER-FILLED rant about ff6 ahead:

am i just bad or is the floating continent section of ff6 (and the part with cid/celes right after) full of awful design decisions? well, maybe not awful, but i really hate it when information is deliberately obfuscated or withheld from the player.

we've got:

- a boss that has a move that rains down random status effects on your party. except sometimes he won't even use this move and the boss is trivial
- a 5 minute, unskippable cutscene
- yet another countdown section
- a mini-boss at the end of the section who casts doom on your party (on top of the countdown that's already happening in the background) that permanently has reflect status on, even if you cast dispel.....except that one time when dispel actually worked???
- garbage signposting for how to actually escape (do i walk over to this cliff...? there's fucking nothing special looking about that cliff other than the fact that it's past the miniboss)
- the prompt for escaping doesn't indicate the purpose of choosing to wait instead of "jump". it only says "wait for shadow" AFTER you walk left and re-trigger the prompt
- there's absolutely zero indication that shadow is even on his way. so even if you choose to wait, you're literally just standing there doing absolutely nothing for probably at least a minute, wondering if you're even doing anything or just dooming yourself
- immediately after all this garbage, there's another (invisibly) timed section where you have to COLLECT RANDOMLY SPAWNING FISH, WHOM ARE VISIBLY INDISTINCT FROM EACH OTHER EXCEPT FROM THEIR RATE OF MOVEMENT, ALL WHILE CID'S HEALTH IS INVISIBLY TICKING DOWN AND YOU HAVE NO IDEA THE WHAT THE VALUE OF THE FISH ACTUALLY ARE

most of this is just me being dumb and garbage at the game. i recognize that. but the parts about saving shadow & cid seem to be directly designed so that you'll fuck them up and fail on your first playthrough. now don't get me wrong, having moments in your story where you have to make tough, irreversible decisions is great. but i absolutely hate how these moments force you to make choices based on the game purposefully confusing and tricking the player.

Go Up