September 16, 2024, 12:54:49 PM

1,531,318 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

excuse me what the fuck

Started by Samus Aran, November 02, 2007, 10:32:50 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

My laptop's speakers just doubled in volume capacity today. They were never all that great of speakers, yet today when I turned it up to my usual settings, it was fucking deafening.

Please provide a possible explanation. It's not that I'm not happy, it's just that I don't understand how speakers could suddenly become twice as good after a year of owning this laptop.

psyduck;

Daddy

Maybe something changed a setting with the volume slider.

Samus Aran

Quote from: JMV290 on November 02, 2007, 10:42:53 PM
Maybe something changed a setting with the volume slider.

Which volume slider?

Daddy

Quote from: Rei Kazanami on November 02, 2007, 10:44:57 PM
Which volume slider?
Should be in the bottom right.  It's the volume thing.  There are a few options on the side, one of them might have been moved up somehow.  I think it's "Wave" or something.  If you're on XP it should be the second slider.

Samus Aran

Quote from: JMV290 on November 02, 2007, 10:47:44 PM
Should be in the bottom right.  It's the volume thing.  There are a few options on the side, one of them might have been moved up somehow.  I think it's "Wave" or something.  If you're on XP it should be the second slider.

Uh yes, that's all the way up. I don't recall it ever being all the way up either, because I never messed with it before.

How did it get that way on its own? psyduck;

Also I'm stupid for not knowing that would affect overall playback volume. :'(

unwelc0med

Quote from: Rei Kazanami on November 02, 2007, 11:04:08 PM
Uh yes, that's all the way up. I don't recall it ever being all the way up either, because I never messed with it before.

How did it get that way on its own? psyduck;

Also I'm stupid for not knowing that would affect overall playback volume. :'(

you must have accidentaly pressed it  stealth;

Samus Aran

Quote from: Unwelc0med on November 03, 2007, 06:58:27 PM
you must have accidentaly pressed it  stealth;

...you can't accidentally "press" it unless you open the volume settings first, which is something I didn't do.

Title27GT

maybe you downloaded the magical help virus

Houdini

There's no way tell, really. Widows' audio control is pretty squirrely.

Jester

Hold on, let me look here in my magical crystal ball and find the answer to this question.  psyduck;
Everything burns.

Blaze-Senpai

Some other program might have changed it. I don't understand why the "Wave" slider affects everything besides MIDI though, Wave is .wav, not .mp3.

Kalahari Inkantation

Guest  07:56:23 PM Printing the topic "excuse me what the fuck".

y

Anyway, that used to happen to me, too, except the volume would get lower instead, all by itself. psyduck;

Go Up