March 28, 2024, 02:48:15 AM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

TASTE BUDS CURRENTLY TASTING

Started by Samus Aran, November 05, 2007, 02:05:21 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

as for the mediocrity, i couldn't be as selective as i prefer to be because i was hella hungry but pressed for time in an unfamiliar town with limited options, and basically wandered into a restaurant i'd never heard of before

at least now i know to avoid that spot in the future lol

As for the expense, it's New York. >.<

also i've been slowly chipping away at a long john silver's order since like 3pm and i'm only now finishing up on the coleslaw

Samus Aran

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Magyarorszag on June 13, 2019, 08:17:32 PMtater tots so bereft of flavor that i was forced to resort to using k*tchup to make them at all palatable awdood;

paired with an almost equally flavorless calzone full of what i have to assume is mozzarella-inspired processed cheese because it's just so mushy and tasteless

p. disappointed to have spent $12 on this

Quote from: Magyarorszag on June 14, 2019, 09:44:43 PMas for the mediocrity, i couldn't be as selective as i prefer to be because i was hella hungry but pressed for time in an unfamiliar town with limited options, and basically wandered into a restaurant i'd never heard of before

at least now i know to avoid that spot in the future lol

also worth mentioning:

i has asked for garlic butter which was very clearly listed among the sauce options, and instead i was given some kind of salad dressing

and to top it all off, midway into it i took a bite that i found i simply couldn't chew

spat it into my hand and discovered that it was a huge piece of parchment paper or smth fully baked into the flavorless mozzarella-inspired processed cheese

yeah wow overall a terrible eating experience, certainly the worst in recent memory and perhaps the worst ever

Quote from: Samus Aran on June 15, 2019, 12:24:18 AMngl i hate long john silver

it was okay

may as well have been a five-star meal compared to that parchment paper and processed cheese calzone slop

Samus Aran

idk i'm a bit picky when it comes to fried fish and shrimp, which is primarily what they serve as far as i can recall. i just feel like most places can't fry fish to save their lives, LJS included

seafood is like the one thing i can't do "fast food" for at all, save for like, local fish and chips places (and even most of these end up being kinda meh too if you're not on the coast)

ClassicTyler

So you people are the ones keeping Ding Dong Slivers alive.

Kalahari Inkantation

i've always found it kind of amusing that ljs uses the very same batter for all its fried food options lol

ambiguous cuts of ljs fish/shrimp/chicken would all be nearly indistinguishable from each other if you weren't informed beforehand

tfw no good local fish&chips shops :'(

yet another reason to envy the new england lifestyle

Quote from: ClassicTyler on June 15, 2019, 02:54:34 AMSo you people are the ones keeping Ding Dong Slivers alive.

i hadn't actually been to one in years, but i happened to be in the area that day and decided to pay a visit despite my better judgement lol

tbh i feel like fast food in general these days is p. disappointing more often than not, there's no single restaurant i consistently enjoy anymore

Kalahari Inkantation

anyway some shitarse microwaved chicken alfredo and string beans w/ ranch + chocolate almond milk

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Samus Aran

made some tonkatsu earlier and it was tasty as always but this time i must have had too much flour or the chops were too wet or smth because i lost a lot of breading in the end cry;

and rn im eatin nachos

ME##

was enjoying this beauty earlier RUB IT

don't let's

Quote from: Magyarorszag on June 15, 2019, 01:23:57 AM
Quote from: Samus Aran on June 15, 2019, 12:24:18 AMngl i hate long john silver

it was okay

may as well have been a five-star meal compared to that parchment paper and processed cheese calzone slop

The hush puppies and the crumbs are the best part of ljs. Though you can get better hush puppies elsewhere.

don't let's

Quote from: Magyarorszag on June 18, 2019, 09:53:44 PMi've always found it kind of amusing that ljs uses the very same batter for all its fried food options lol

ambiguous cuts of ljs fish/shrimp/chicken would all be nearly indistinguishable from each other if you weren't informed beforehand

tfw no good local fish&chips shops :'(

yet another reason to envy the new england lifestyle

Quote from: ClassicTyler on June 15, 2019, 02:54:34 AMSo you people are the ones keeping Ding Dong Slivers alive.

i hadn't actually been to one in years, but i happened to be in the area that day and decided to pay a visit despite my better judgement lol

tbh i feel like fast food in general these days is p. disappointing more often than not, there's no single restaurant i consistently enjoy anymore
Honestly, it seems like you can get a better meal at small/family diner for about the same price these days.

ClassicTyler

Not current, but a friend and I went for lunch this afternoon.

darksouls

Quote from: ClassicTyler on July 19, 2019, 03:57:56 PM
Not current, but a friend and I went for lunch this afternoon.
  Where's the salsa?

6M69I69B9

Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

Go Up