September 28, 2024, 08:24:49 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Nintendo Power...

Started by YPrrrr, October 23, 2007, 01:42:57 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

YPrrrr

I don't know if everyone's already realized this or not, but NP's basically a piece of crap now. Seriously, they promised this month's magazine to be all about Brawl, yet they don't even mention Sonic's inclusion in the game psyduck; Instead they spend 6 pages using practically quotes from what was revealed months ago and drooling over Snake. I understand that it's hard for a monthly mag to stay current, but we've known this crap for months. You'd think Nintendo might reserve some special updates for its own publications or something psyduck;

On the other side of game journalism, IGN gets instant updates, and is free to view, basically making NP obsolete.

Title27GT

It's always been crap. Half of it is strategy guides for games most of us don't even own psyduck;

EGM is much, much better.

YPrrrr

Quote from: Jet Black Wii on October 23, 2007, 01:54:08 PM
It's always been crap. Half of it is strategy guides for games most of us don't even own psyduck;

EGM is much, much better.
Yeah, EGM's always been my favorite magazine. It also knows Nintendo stuff before NP even does.

I'm definitely going to cancel my NP subscription when it expires. Maybe I'll get one of those magazines that comes with demo disks

The artist formally known

Internet killed video game magazines

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

I always like NP...but not as much as Tips and Tricks. T&T was the best magazine imo.

NOA_Haunted

I used to get NP, Golf mag, and game informer (not at the same time) Now all I get is a free Budk Catalog.

Classic

True. It does suck.
But it's nice when I need something to read when I'm shitting.

ME##

Quote from: reefer on October 23, 2007, 04:32:13 PM
Internet killed video game magazines

Internet killed almost every form of print news.

KonohaShinobi

Samus Aran

I used to like NP for some reason, even though I never bought almost any of the games that the magazine made out to look amazing. My mom kept renewing my subscription for it until I told her to stop doing so about three months ago.

So yeah, I had been getting them since 1080 Avalanche for the N64 came out until about three months ago.

Go Up