September 20, 2024, 09:47:38 PM

1,531,318 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

ANOTHER REMAKE OF AN OLD THREAD

Started by Samus Aran, October 14, 2007, 01:32:10 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

FullmetalGanon

people that curse every other word to try and be cool.
when people sing loudly, wether is good or bad.
:|

Infel

Quote from: reefer on October 14, 2007, 01:53:25 PM
I watch this show last night, it was a documentary about autistic children that were geniuses. If you named off any date in the world for one of them, he would tell you the day of the week, the weather (if it were back in time) and what happened on that date (back in time again)

and another guy could do huge calculations and he named off pi to the 25th millionth digit off the top of his head. He did like 788 in his head in like 1 minute.

http://tv-links.co.uk/listings/9/5559

Thats the link if you're interested. Autism just means you have a hard time socializing with people, I wouldn't be surprised if you had it Lawlz
There's a whole fucking autistic spectrum. Supposedly, trying to get it on in the interwebs is good social; therapy. It hasn't helped me all that much, just made me about as moody as a PMSing Luger.

It's all about communications, though, so Reefer is right. Depending on the kind, they will also be attracted to one thing, and it's normally a specific thing, like, say, Russian batteries. For me, I obsess over a lot of things, but I can keep track of them pretty well. I'm like a library of knowledge when it comes to specific videogame series, like, Metroid, F-Zero, or, The entire Namco Tales series(Phantasia went overkill, by the way). Also, coffee is supposed to help improve autism. Weird, eh?

Himu

I think mental problems means retarded.  But autistic is basically a short attention span.

The artist formally known

Quote from: KT on October 14, 2007, 01:59:12 PM
There's a whole fucking autistic spectrum. Supposedly, trying to get it on in the interwebs is good social; therapy. It hasn't helped me all that much, just made me about as moody as a PMSing Luger.

It's all about communications, though, so Reefer is right. Depending on the kind, they will also be attracted to one thing, and it's normally a specific thing, like, say, Russian batteries. For me, I obsess over a lot of things, but I can keep track of them pretty well. I'm like a library of knowledge when it comes to specific videogame series, like, Metroid, F-Zero, or, The entire Namco Tales series(Phantasia went overkill, by the way). Also, coffee is supposed to help improve autism. Weird, eh?
You're pretty lucky, my cousin is autistic, he's about 15 years old and he acts as if he's three. He doesn't talk because he never learned to, he's one of those autistics that are completely in their own world.

Title27GT

WOMEN THAT DON'T SHAVE THEIR ARMS/FACIAL HAIR

OHHH MY GOOOD

Infel

Quote from: Precious on October 14, 2007, 02:04:30 PM
I think mental problems means retarded.  But autistic is basically a short attention span.
No, that's ADHD. A lot of the time, ADHD and Asperger's Syndrome are paired together, and it creates some really odd effects, like me.

Also, another thing, Autism is made worse by Gluten and Caffienne.

Quote from: reefer on October 14, 2007, 02:06:00 PM
You're pretty lucky, my cousin is autistic, he's about 15 years old and he acts as if he's three. He doesn't talk because he never learned to, he's one of those autistics that are completely in their own world.
I like to dream in my own world. I used to be like that and act like I am three. Now, the teachers say I act like I'm two, but they're really kind of stupid, when I'm pulling the normal teenage rebellion thing.

Only thing is, I can prove them wrong, and HAVE proved them wrong, at every point.

Samus Aran

Quote from: reefer on October 14, 2007, 01:53:25 PM
I watch this show last night, it was a documentary about autistic children that were geniuses. If you named off any date in the world for one of them, he would tell you the day of the week, the weather (if it were back in time) and what happened on that date (back in time again)

and another guy could do huge calculations and he named off pi to the 25th millionth digit off the top of his head. He did like 788 in his head in like 1 minute.

http://tv-links.co.uk/listings/9/5559

Thats the link if you're interested. Autism just means you have a hard time socializing with people, I wouldn't be surprised if you had it Lawlz

They're autistic savants, not just autistic patients. There is a difference. And autism means a lot more than what you just said. You especially needed to mention the presence of restricted and/or repetitive behavior, not to mention the lack of interest in anything other than a few or one specific thing(s).

Infel

Quote from: Kazarus on October 14, 2007, 02:10:05 PM
They're autistic savants, not just autistic patients. There is a difference. And autism means a lot more than what you just said. You especially needed to mention the presence of restricted and/or repetitive behavior, not to mention the lack of interest in anything other than a few or one specific thing(s).
Every case is slightly different. The ones that astound are given that label. I wonder if I could possibly be one? Probably not, because I haven't found any real specific talent besides being an awesome cook, and even then, that could be learned.

Though, according to a few shows, it can't.  psyduck;

But Coffee helps with my specific interests, I can tell you.

Himu

My brothers autistic and basically ruined my childhood.  But he was the kind who'd freak out to the maximum if he didnt get his own way.

Infel

Quote from: Precious on October 14, 2007, 04:28:03 PM
My brothers autistic and basically ruined my childhood.  But he was the kind who'd freak out to the maximum if he didnt get his own way.
Aye. I met one of those. He got taken off by the police once.

YPrrrr

when girls say "oh, I'm not hungry," then eat all my fries :'(
when people say they're "freezing" when it's 60 degrees
there's more but im lazy...

Himu

Quote from: Your Posting Rival on October 14, 2007, 05:01:02 PM
lol i'd hate to admit it but thats me.  watch out when i'm stressed  china;

Infel

Quote from: Precious on October 14, 2007, 05:03:22 PM
lol i'd hate to admit it but thats me.  watch out when i'm stressed  china;
I'd do that for fun.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Your Posting Rival on October 14, 2007, 05:01:02 PM
Our school no longer serves fries. You get a small square of pizza and a pouch of milk for $2.50. spam;

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Go Up