April 25, 2024, 07:03:35 AM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Non-Smoking Areas

Started by Sam, October 12, 2007, 01:28:13 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Sam

I know lately more and more restaurants are getting rid of their "smoking" sections, whether on their own decisions or through force of the law. So does this affect any non-smokers? If you were given the preference, would you prefer to go to a restaurant that had no "smokers" option?

Or if there are any smokers around (I'm fairly certain there aren't many on Boyah), are you offended or anything by these movements?

Personally, the smokers/non-smokers sections never bothered me at all when out and about. I actually enjoy the smell of cigarette smoke, and just having it around never really bugged me. One of my friends, on the other hand, just being around clothing that was worn by a smoker causes her eyed to water and her throat to get scratchy, so I can see how it would be troublesome for someone like her.

*Please, no Zayna jokes, be nice and try to be intelligent.
1.8mb is too huge for a sig nigga

ncba93ivyase

Being in the south, going to any restaurant would be hell. The smoking sections were often larger than the non-smoking, and you could get hit with a cloud of smoke just by opening up the door. Hell, it's pretty bad when there's more smoke in a McDonald's than a bar.

It's a lot better now that the law has been passed, because I really can't be anywhere near smoke. If I'm around it for more than about 2 minutes, I often have the urge to vomit, and just getting a single puff in my face makes me want to throw up. Really, I just think smoking anywhere in public should be banned. Shitty habits that can harm everyone should be left in one's own home, and nowhere else.

also i probably feel worse for kids that have parents that smoke than anyone else because theyre stuck with it and cant do jack shit (probably one of the things that led zayna to start). I really think smoking with or near a child should just be considered abuse.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Sam

Quote from: Lawlz on October 12, 2007, 01:35:22 PM
I really think smoking with or near a child should just be considered abuse.

Uh.. I'm not sure I agree with this, just because of my own personal experience. My dad and grandma (who I lived with for quite some time) have been smokers all my life, and I certainly have no urge to smoke as a result of it.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Pinkkkkkkkkkkk on October 12, 2007, 01:37:45 PM
Uh.. I'm not sure I agree with this, just because of my own personal experience. My dad and grandma (who I lived with for quite some time) have been smokers all my life, and I certainly have no urge to smoke as a result of it.
um but its harmful and the child really cant do anything about it psyduck;

Here, have this box full of AIDS and cancer, you filthy little bastard. Your mother and father don't love you.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Sam

Quote from: Lawlz on October 12, 2007, 01:39:30 PM
um but its harmful and the child really cant do anything about it psyduck;

Here, have this box full of AIDS and cancer, you filthy little bastard. Your mother and father don't love you.

Well, smoking doesn't give you AIDS, and it's not a very funny joke. also, I'm fairly certain that my daddy loves me, but whatever.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Pinkkkkkkkkkkk on October 12, 2007, 01:43:27 PM
Well, smoking doesn't give you AIDS, and it's not a very funny joke. also, I'm fairly certain that my daddy loves me, but whatever.
cool so heres various diseases and toxic chemicals in your face

My daddy feeds me rat poison. spam;

Wrench

Being in the south, going to any restaurant would be hell. The smoking sections were often larger than the non-smoking, and you could get hit with a cloud of smoke just by opening up the door. Hell, it's pretty bad when there's more smoke in a McDonald's than a bar.

It's a lot better now that the law has been passed, because I really can't be anywhere near smoke. If I'm around it for more than about 2 minutes, I often have the urge to vomit, and just getting a single puff in my face makes me want to throw up. Really, I just think smoking anywhere in public should be banned. Shitty habits that can harm everyone should be left in one's own home, and nowhere else.

also i probably feel worse for kids that have parents that smoke than anyone else because theyre stuck with it and cant do jack shit (probably one of the things that led zayna to start). I really think smoking with or near a child should just be considered abuse.

I completely agree with you. I think smoking is absolutely disgusting and unacceptable in public. They should think about everyone that has to deal with that smoke. It's even worse when the person who doesn't smoke suffers from second hand smoke and gets cancer.

reeper

In California you can't smoke almost anywhere. No restaurants or bars or anything let you smoke at all. You have to be 18 to enter a bar, and they're trying to pass a law for no smoking in cars (at all).

guff

(probably one of the things that led zayna to start)
shut up already
also i probably feel worse for kids that have parents that smoke than anyone else because theyre stuck with it and cant do jack shit

probably why aren't you certain
I really think smoking with or near a child should just be considered abuse.

okay how would this be enforced, and wouldn't it be much easier just to outlaw smoking altogether psyduck;
alcohol too

Houdini

Quote from: Commodore Guff on October 12, 2007, 03:59:59 PM
wouldn't it be much easier just to outlaw smoking altogether psyduck;
alcohol too
Good idea, but the prohibition proved that it wouldn't work.

guff

Quote from: Guava on October 12, 2007, 04:11:49 PM
Good idea, but the prohibition proved that it wouldn't work.
i'm sure banning the use of it near any children ever would be much more feasible though

Houdini

Quote from: Commodore Guff on October 12, 2007, 04:18:17 PM
i'm sure banning the use of it near any children ever would be much more feasible though
If hidden cameras were installed in all homes so Big Brother could keep perpetual watch, yes.

Himu

I really hate inhaling a fucking puff of smoke while eating.

reeper

Quote from: Precious on October 12, 2007, 11:52:48 PM
I really hate inhaling a fucking puff of smoke while eating.
When I went to Nebraska they asked my family smoking or non-smoking. Man, living in California, I haven't heard that since I was about five years old. They banned all of that so long ago but they still have smoking and non-smoking in other states. I also thought it was pretty gross to eat and smell smoke. I don't mind smoke that much, as long as I don't have to live in it everywhere I go and as long as I don't have to eat and smell smoke.

I hate smoke because then I have to wash my clothes twice as much as I usually do.

Nyerp

Shitty habits that can harm everyone should be left in one's own home, and nowhere else.

Some shitty habits make big $, and the people that are profiting from them would turn the world into smokers and drinkers if it meant more $.

These industries need to be somehow shut down, and getting rid of smoking areas is one small step towards a no-addict future. spam;

Go Up