April 18, 2024, 04:55:59 PM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Do you Belive in Global Warming?

Started by ZGDK, October 07, 2007, 03:32:34 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Gman61

We need to go to ethanol or hydrogen

Cakes

I don't believe in it and so what if it is true. It was all worth it in the end.

guff

Quote from: Unwelc0med on November 20, 2007, 03:11:40 PM

die, or add something to the discussion psyduck;

Quote from: Cakes on November 20, 2007, 03:26:45 PM
I don't believe in it and so what if it is true. It was all worth it in the end.
i died in a car crash after i sped through a red light but hey at least i always got to my destinations on time so i guess it all works out in the end

Squirtlejazz

Global warming is the United States Gov't biggest excuse to put the largest tax on fossil fuels ever. The book by Al Gore is total bull shit. He's a politician not a fuckin' scientist. The Earth goes through a climate change constantly. If the climate was exactly the same year after year, it would be the exact same fuckin' weather. So think about it. The Gov't is trying to blame it on excess pollution to put these "Gas Taxes" on these large Trucks and SUVs that burn more gas than anything else. It's just a bunch of B.S. This is also why we need to get off Fossil Fuels and move to either nuclear energy to power our power plants and cellulosic ethanol to run our cars. The cellulosic ethanol is made from the glucose (sugar/energy) molecules of the plants that it is found in. Such as fast growing prairie grasses. Corn ethanol is not the way to go. It would only be a temporary solution, not the answer to a long term problem.
iSnake

guff

Quote from: Squirtlejazz on December 22, 2007, 09:01:09 AM
He's a politician not a fuckin' scientist.
okay so hows about you counter the claims of actual scientists then
Quote from: Squirtlejazz on December 22, 2007, 09:01:09 AM
The Earth goes through a climate change constantly.
oh wow you've sure got something here never heard this one before
does this mean that adding more gasses into the atmosphere that trap heat and whatnot has no effect whatsoever

Squirtlejazz

Quote from: Commodore Guff on December 22, 2007, 10:47:01 AM
okay so hows about you counter the claims of actual scientists thenoh wow you've sure got something here never heard this one before
does this mean that adding more gasses into the atmosphere that trap heat and whatnot has no effect whatsoever
Firstly I mas merely just saying that people shouldn't treat this book like the bible. Hes a politician not a scientist.

Secondly, did I ever say in there anywhere about the gases that trap heat not affecting that anywhere in there? No, I didn't I wasn't addressing that issue. I merely stated that there has and continues to be gradual climate change on this planet. Whether it has been expedited due to the fact of these infamous "greenhouse gases" I do not know. I still do not see the correlation between said gases and the climate change of the earth.
iSnake

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Squirtlejazz on December 22, 2007, 12:52:42 PM
Firstly I mas merely just saying that people shouldn't treat this book like the bible. Hes a politician not a scientist.

Secondly, did I ever say in there anywhere about the gases that trap heat not affecting that anywhere in there? No, I didn't I wasn't addressing that issue. I merely stated that there has and continues to be gradual climate change on this planet. Whether it has been expedited due to the fact of these infamous "greenhouse gases" I do not know. I still do not see the correlation between said gases and the climate change of the earth.
polar ice caps melting, fact i'm wearing a t-shirt in the middle of winter and still sweating my ass off, extreme weather that's even more extreme than just a while back, etc

yes the earth undergoes climate changes and that's undeniable it's also undeniable there is something making the effects of these climate changes more intense and speeding up the process

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

guff

i think most people have only seen the movie anyways and the validity of his claims has no bearing on the truth
Secondly, did I ever say in there anywhere about the gases that trap heat not affecting that anywhere in there?

i was going to answer this question but then you did
No, I didn't I wasn't addressing that issue. I merely stated that there has and continues to be gradual climate change on this planet.
which you used as justification for your belief
said justification is faulty what with the data showing that the gradual fluctuations don't seem to account for more recent changes in the climate, which correlates with the rise in greenhouse gas emissions
Whether it has been expedited due to the fact of these infamous "greenhouse gases" I do not know.
why did you put quotes around greenhouse gases
I still do not see the correlation between said gases and the climate change of the earth.
oh that's strange
how many fingers am i holding up

Squirtlejazz

Quote from: Commodore Guff on December 22, 2007, 03:41:35 PM
i think most people have only seen the movie anyways and the validity of his claims has no bearing on the truth

So if my point is valid it isn't true? How much sense does that make?

Quote from: Commodore Guff on December 22, 2007, 03:41:35 PM
said justification is faulty what with the data showing that the gradual fluctuations don't seem to account for more recent changes in the climate, which correlates with the rise in greenhouse gas emissions
Over 400 prominent scientists from more than two dozen countries recently voiced significant objections to major aspects of the so-called ?consensus? on man-made global warming. These scientists, many of whom are current and former participants in the UN IPCC (Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change), criticized the climate claims made by the UN IPCC and former Vice President Al Gore.  http://www.okieonthelam.com/?p=2025 Educate.
Now you give me some proof.

Quote from: Commodore Guff on December 22, 2007, 03:41:35 PMwhy did you put quotes around greenhouse gases
I love how you're commenting on my grammatical errors.

Quote from: Commodore Guff on December 22, 2007, 03:41:35 PMhow many fingers am i holding up
Idk we're on the interwebs bro.
iSnake

Squirtlejazz

Quote from: Lawlz on December 22, 2007, 02:55:43 PM
polar ice caps melting, fact i'm wearing a t-shirt in the middle of winter and still sweating my ass off, extreme weather that's even more extreme than just a while back, etc

yes the earth undergoes climate changes and that's undeniable it's also undeniable there is something making the effects of these climate changes more intense and speeding up the process
Can I have some facts for this?
I'm not talking about "Liekz teh Polar Ice Capz are melting" or some BS like that. I'd like to see some actual scientific data that will convince me beyond a reasonable doubt that humans and specifically CO2 Emissions are causing this climate change to occur faster.

Secondly, who sets the rate of a climate change? These people that are saying this weren't around 1000+ years ago when the climate was still changing (neither was I), but I'd like to be proven to that it is us. Not that it is really a legitimate climate change.
iSnake

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Squirtlejazz on December 22, 2007, 07:31:36 PM
I'm not talking about "Liekz teh Polar Ice Capz are melting" or some BS like that
so polar bears regularly become extinct and regenerate millennia later

Also, all those toxic emissions from vehicles, factories, etc don't just turn to happy jolly gas once they skip and hop to the outer brims of the atmosphere.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Squirtlejazz

Quote from: Lawlz on December 22, 2007, 07:40:25 PM
so polar bears regularly become extinct and regenerate millennia later

Also, all those toxic emissions from vehicles, factories, etc don't just turn to happy jolly gas once they skip and hop to the outer brims of the atmosphere.
What happens to them? =]
iSnake

ncba93ivyase

guff

Quote from: Squirtlejazz on December 22, 2007, 07:24:43 PM
So if my point is valid it isn't true? How much sense does that make?
psyduck;
whether or not al gore is a stupid, hypocritical, and boring cock has no bearing whatsoever on the truth regarding anthropogenic global warming
Over 400 prominent scientists from more than two dozen countries recently voiced significant objections to major aspects of the so-called ?consensus? on man-made global warming. These scientists, many of whom are current and former participants in the UN IPCC (Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change), criticized the climate claims made by the UN IPCC and former Vice President Al Gore.

please don't plagiarize :/\
how many prominent scientists are there
why only two dozen plus countries aren't there like more than sixteen dozen recognized by the un

regardless, whether or not there's a consensus only affects the claims of some of the messengers (al gore et al.), not the message
Now you give me some proof.
read the damn ipcc fourth assessment report
or at least this summary-ish thing
I love how you're commenting on my grammatical errors.
i find it intolerable myself

wait what
for one, that wasn't a grammatical error that i'm aware of and secondly i was actually asking why you did that because you might have done that to indicate some doubt that 'greenhouse gases' do what people say they do
Idk we're on the interwebs bro.
oh i thought you were just blind

Squirtlejazz

Quote from: Commodore Guff on December 23, 2007, 10:20:55 AM
psyduck;
whether or not al gore is a stupid, hypocritical, and boring cock has no bearing whatsoever on the truth regarding anthropogenic global warming
Alright.

Quote from: Commodore Guff on December 23, 2007, 10:20:55 AMplease don't plagiarize :/\
how many prominent scientists are there
why only two dozen plus countries aren't there like more than sixteen dozen recognized by the un

regardless, whether or not there's a consensus only affects the claims of some of the messengers (al gore et al.), not the message
I copied from the page to give you a glimpse bro. I should have put quotes around it, but it was cited. Whatever bro.

Quote from: Commodore Guff on December 23, 2007, 10:20:55 AMread the damn ipcc fourth assessment report
or at least this summary-ish thing
A very interesting wall of text that I don't have time to read. Whatever dude, you win I don't have enough time to go digging up articles and arguing about it. It is apparent neither of us will change our opinions and there is no point in arguing over it. There are some valid points to global warming, but there are gaping holes in the thoery. I'm our for Christmas guys. Peace.

iSnake

Go Up