April 18, 2024, 11:08:39 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Do you Belive in Global Warming?

Started by ZGDK, October 07, 2007, 03:32:34 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ZGDK

I do, how can one deny it? There's pollution everywhere you look, car exgahaust, factories, etc. Not to mention the ever growing need to find an alternative energy source.

ncba93ivyase

It's obvious the earth is heating up, but it's not solely a result of humanity's actions.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

ZGDK

Quote from: Lawlz on October 07, 2007, 03:36:31 PM
It's obvious the earth is heating up, but it's not solely a result of humanity's actions.

That's true, but it's hard to deny that we are not contributing to it. I think that rather then spending money on the military we need to try and help the enviorment more.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: ZGDK on October 07, 2007, 03:38:37 PM
That's true, but it's hard to deny that we are not contributing to it. I think that rather then spending money on the military we need to try and help the enviorment more.
'LIBERATING' ANOTHER NATION IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN DOING SOMETHING FOR THE GOOD OF ALL HUMANITY AND EARTH.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

guff

Quote from: Lawlz on October 07, 2007, 03:36:31 PM
uh okay so what other sources are accounting for an unusual amount of climate change

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Commodore Guff on October 07, 2007, 04:32:00 PM
uh okay so what other sources are accounting for an unusual amount of climate change
um the earth does get warm and cold whenever the hell it feels like it

guff

Quote from: Lawlz on October 07, 2007, 04:37:20 PM
um the earth does get warm and cold whenever the hell it feels like it
typically there's actual reasons

Daddy

Quote from: Commodore Guff on October 07, 2007, 04:42:10 PM
typically there's actual reasons
Yep.

Impact from a meteor, volcano, solar cycles.

Nyerp

now lets post back and forth about how much we agree spam;

There's nothing to "believe", it IS happening and is happening somewhat naturally but is heavily influenced by our CO2 output since industrializations came about and technology bettered which allowed for a lower deathrate and therefore more people to add to the pollution since humans have no predators and are ignorant of what they are doing.

Stupid people deny it because they choose to be stubborn and afraid of it instead of actually trying to prevent or at least slow the process.

Solution: kill all stupid people.

/thread

Sam

It's not so much that I don't believe it as much as there's not enough evidence to force me to 'change my ways'.

I mean, there is evidence countering practically every piece of global warming 'evidence' we have, so who am I to judge what's evidence is the correct one? Personally, I think that it sounds more logical saying that the earth heats and cools in its own processes, and it's more or less not a results of us humans. After all, Ice age? You think the dinosaurs were putting around in giant hummers? doubt it.

Animals were going instinct, water levels were rising and sinking, continents were breaking apart, and the world was shifting long before we were around.  I honestly don't think this one's our fault.

FYI, my opinion is that anyone who believes anything that comes out of Al Gone's mouth or anyone that says global warming is a 'hoax' is a moron.
1.8mb is too huge for a sig nigga

Nyerp

Quote from: Skankity-Slut-Slut on October 09, 2007, 06:42:06 PM
It's not so much that I don't believe it as much as there's not enough evidence to force me to 'change my ways'.

I mean, there is evidence countering practically every piece of global warming 'evidence' we have, so who am I to judge what's evidence is the correct one? Personally, I think that it sounds more logical saying that the earth heats and cools in its own processes, and it's more or less not a results of us humans. After all, Ice age? You think the dinosaurs were putting around in giant hummers? doubt it.

Animals were going instinct, water levels were rising and sinking, continents were breaking apart, and the world was shifting long before we were around.  I honestly don't think this one's our fault.

FYI, my opinion is that anyone who believes anything that comes out of Al Gone's mouth or anyone that says global warming is a 'hoax' is a moron.

Those ice ages took millions of years to come about.

Sam

Quote from: Nyerp on October 09, 2007, 06:44:45 PM
Those ice ages took millions of years to come about.

Your point?
*And no, I don't believe they did.

Nyerp

Quote from: Skankity-Slut-Slut on October 09, 2007, 06:45:50 PM
Your point?
*And no, I don't believe they did.

My point is obvious; we're speeding it up.

Sam

October 09, 2007, 06:54:09 PM #13 Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 07:17:41 PM by Skankity-Slut-Slut
Quote from: Nyerp on October 09, 2007, 06:47:53 PM
My point is obvious; we're speeding it up.

First off, give me proof that the ice age(s) took "millions" of years to come about, which I have a hard time believing.
Second, who says that these natural changes are regulated by a time clock? The world's natural phenomena (as in volcano explosions) are generally not timed events.

guff

I mean, there is evidence countering practically every piece of global warming 'evidence' we have...
Such as...?
You think the dinosaurs were putting around in giant hummers? doubt it.
leave the strawman alone :|
not many people who aren't blabbering idiots will contend that the earth doesn't get pissy sometimes and cause climate change on its own
the difference now is the correlation between rising temperature levels and vastly increased production of the so-called greenhouse gases, which can hardly be dismissed as a mere coincidence, barring any revelations of sources of natural climate change
there's a difference between doing things and doing things out of cycle

Go Up