September 20, 2024, 08:26:23 AM

1,531,318 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

poll of common sense

Started by Tomboh, September 29, 2007, 04:25:41 PM

previous topic - next topic

Which is more popular: Macs or PCs?

Macs
3 (18.8%)
PCs
13 (81.3%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Go Down

Tomboh

Kalahari Inkantation

Title27GT

where is the option for UBUNTU DELLS

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Quote from: Title on September 29, 2007, 05:19:56 PM
where is the option for UBUNTU DELLS
Ubuntu dell's are N/A until they are popular.

Title27GT

Quote from: NotSid on September 29, 2007, 05:24:48 PM
Ubuntu dell's are N/A until they are popular.
but theyve sold OVER 9000!!!

Samus Aran

Wait, why would I care which is more popular? psyduck;

Daddy

Popular: regarded with great favor, approval, or affection especially by the general public; "a popular tourist attraction"; "a popular girl"; "cabbage patch dolls are no longer popular"

That would describe a Mac.

guff

Quote from: JMV290 on September 29, 2007, 05:51:34 PM
That would describe a Mac.
Not necessarily; I've heard many condemnations of Macs "because they only have one mouse button it sucks =|".

also merriam-webster says
Quote1 : of or relating to the general public
2 : suitable to the majority: as a : adapted to or indicative of the understanding and taste of the majority <a popular history of the war> b : suited to the means of the majority : INEXPENSIVE <sold at popular prices>
3 : frequently encountered or widely accepted <a popular theory>

so yeah

Daddy

Quote from: Commodore Guff on September 29, 2007, 05:55:01 PM
Not necessarily; I've heard many condemnations of Macs "because they only have one mouse button it sucks =|".

also merriam-webster says
so yeah
My teacher was like "One thing people complain about in Macs is that they can't right click" I then replied "I can right click on mine"

guff

Quote from: JMV290 on September 29, 2007, 05:57:21 PM
My teacher was like "One thing people complain about in Macs is that they can't right click" I then replied "I can right click on mine"
but for a while it was mostly true, and two of the mac pros i work with (one's a g4, one's a g5; the other group's g5 has a less-sucky mouse) have such mice and they suck and god damn i need a scroll wheel and control-clicking/apple-clicking sucks and is stupid and sucks

still, not that big of a problem given the ease of replacing the mouse

ncba93ivyase

If it was Apple vs. Microsoft, Apple would win for sure.

Still, with Macs versus PCs, you could say Macs are more popular. They don't sell better, although loads of people do want a Mac and would prefer one over a PC.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

C.Mongler

YPrrrr

Considering how the majority of people own PC's and aren't going to give a shit enough to switch to Mac, I'd say PC is more popular.

Section of my post for morons: I didn't say anywhere in there which one I thought was better

Go Up