April 18, 2024, 10:19:20 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

So my cousin was murdered.

Started by CruelPleasure, September 24, 2007, 11:46:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

CruelPleasure

QuotePrince Albert police have identified the 18-year-old man found dead in Prime Ministers' Park at about 3 a.m. Saturday.

Dean Josie of Prince Albert was found with "severe injury" and died from the injuries he received.

The police are investigating the death as a homicide at this time said, Prince Albert Police Staff Sgt. Tim Settee.

A press release issued at about 7:30 p.m. Sunday, indicated that several people have been arrested and are in custody. The release did not say whether anybody has been charged with Prince Albert's second murder of the year.

Settee said police were called to the park for a disturbance at 2:49 a.m. They found the teen had died as a result of his injuries.

They remained on the scene for several hours, said Settee.

Settee said he could not comment further on the incident. He said he was following the orders of his superiors.

A resident in the area, James Young, said he noticed police tape sectioning off a large area around the Harry Jerome Track area around 9:30 a.m. Saturday.

Soccer games scheduled on Saturday continued in the park throughout the day.

Responding to public concern over the matter, Settee said people should be taking normal precautions like staying in well-lit areas at night.

But currently there is no indication of future incidents related to the homicide.

"It (the homicide) appears at this time to be an isolated incident," said Settee.
He's on my dads side (whos native american) and a lot of the kids were moving off the reserve and when they did they started to dress like "thugs" and try to get in gangs etc. I guess he was stabbed to death. So anyways I guess we can discuss whats happening with all these fucking gangs. Anyone else effected by a loss related to gangs?

Pash

Not gangs. But my family (on my mom's side) had young ones who ended their life early due to drugs, alcohol, and leukemia.

Sorry to hear about your cousin, man.

Houdini

There are some schools in my city where all the students have to use clear backpacks to make sure they don't bring guns to school.

Wrench

Quote from: Guava on September 24, 2007, 05:18:49 PM
There are some schools in my city where all the students have to use clear backpacks to make sure they don't bring guns to school.

Are you kidding me?

Also, that's sad to hear. My family hasn't been affected by gangs also.

Houdini

Quote from: WrenchNinja on September 24, 2007, 05:41:48 PM
Are you kidding me?
Unfortunately, no. And it's much, much worse in Houston.

Daddy

My best friend's high school made them tuck every thing in, even sweatshirts and jackets because they thought kids might be carrying guns under their shirts.

Feynman

My friend's school had some sort of surprise metal-detector day. Unfortunately for him, they took his phone along with everyone else's.

prjuni

I'm sorry to hear that, my cousin from Indiana was shot.

He and his friends were high one day, and were playing pool one day in the garage and his friend comes out of nowhere asking him for his "hood tax". He told him he didn't have anything and the guy threw a punch. My cousin dodged it and broke the pool stick over him, and started to walk away. He got out of the garage and it turns out the other guy had a shot gun concealed in his garage.So he came up from behind my cousin and shot him in the head. Just recently his girlfriend just had his baby. Its just really tragic how gangs can ruin everything in your life.

CruelPleasure

Quote from: prjuni on September 25, 2007, 02:30:18 PM

He and his friends were high one day, and were playing pool one day in the garage and his friend comes out of nowhere asking him for his "hood tax". He told him he didn't have anything and the guy threw a punch. My cousin dodged it and broke the pool stick over him, and started to walk away. He got out of the garage and it turns out the other guy had a shot gun concealed in his garage.So he came up from behind my cousin and shot him in the head. Just recently his girlfriend just had his baby. Its just really tragic how gangs can ruin everything in your life.
Sorry to hear that. Was the kid charged with murder? Because five kids were charged today with the murder and are appearing in court in the near future.

prjuni

Yes, I believe first degree murder. I'm not sure what the was sentence though.

Sam

We just had 28, twenty-eight, video cameras installed throughout the school, along with 5 security guards with their own little booths to match. Metal Detectors will becoming next week, on every door and I have no idea how they work. :\

Keep in mind, we only have 1200 kids.
And halfway through the year, we always run out of printing paper. ALWAYS. Guess these cameras and guards (Who are there to "make us feel safe", btw) are much more worth our money. Cause, I mean, god forbod we spend it on paper instead.

It's not an issue of "gangs" though, too much vandalism, sometimes kids like to think they're funny and back up the sewage system by flushing 20 toilets at once or cutting the power generator wires (Those options are nice, considering I get out of school at least). Really, it's just an issue of "Oh, virginia tech, blah blah, we better make sure we're safe."

It's totally unneccessary in my school, and it kinda pisses me off.

But anyway, I'm sorry to hear about your cousin. :(
1.8mb is too huge for a sig nigga

reeper

I was at a friends house, where two girls started to fight and some guys got out of the car to show their gun. I don't know if it was real but it was pretty scary. People are stupid and would kill someone just because they disagreed.

Though all wars are over someone disagreeing with another person.

Title27GT

Quote from: Guava on September 24, 2007, 05:46:03 PM
Unfortunately, no. And it's much, much worse in Houston.
Oh god, I remember watching my back almost constantly in Houston. Even San Antonio isn't that safe. The only place I've been where crime is worse is Detroit.

CruelPleasure

Quote from: Title on September 29, 2007, 09:05:30 AM
Oh god, I remember watching my back almost constantly in Houston. Even San Antonio isn't that safe. The only place I've been where crime is worse is Detroit.
Sadly my city has what mclains magazine called "The Worst Neighbour Hood In Canada". But this murder wasn't in regina it was in a city called Prince Albert.

prjuni

Quote from: prjuni on September 25, 2007, 02:30:18 PM

Update, he got out of jail, turns out the family paid the killer out now. So know my cousins brother and a bunch of other people are looking to kill him for revenge.

Go Up