September 16, 2024, 01:01:20 PM

1,531,318 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

OH GOD I HATE 3D SPACE SHOOTERS.

Started by ncba93ivyase, September 14, 2007, 03:50:13 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ncba93ivyase

So I have one for my Dreamcast like Destination Earthstar, but this one may be worse. They send you out into space with some other people, and you're supposed to defend yourself from an attack. All units look the same, except some have red circles around them and others have green. Now, while this would usually help differentiate between teammates and enemies, red ones often become green after w while. What happens then? You're stuck in space, getting shot at by ships that all look alike with the same green rings, and some are shooting at other ships and ignoring you.

So I was just like "um... okay... If they're not shooting at me, then the one they're shooting at must be an enemy, right?" Wrong. I destroy one ship, and they take me back to the mothership and execute me. psyduck;

in short shmups need to remain 2d because 3d kills everything thats good

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

NOA_Haunted

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

CruelPleasure

Snorkel

Pretty much everything should remain 2D.

C.Mongler

Quote from: This Apparatus Must Be Snorkel on September 14, 2007, 04:05:08 PM
Pretty much everything should remain 2D.

Metal Gear Solid would be much more fun in 2d. In b4 Lawlz says something like "never fun" or some shit even though he's never played the game and if he has, he hasn't done it for more than 20 minutes.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Mary W. Utterback on September 14, 2007, 04:27:20 PM
Metal Gear Solid would be much more fun in 2d. In b4 Lawlz says something like "never fun" or some shit even though he's never played the game and if he has, he hasn't done it for more than 20 minutes.
cool

Because Metal Gear for the NES is complete shit. psyduck;

The artist formally known

Quote from: Lawlz on September 14, 2007, 04:28:26 PM
cool

For once I agree with Lawlz, that game sucked.

C.Mongler

Quote from: Lawlz on September 14, 2007, 04:28:26 PM
cool

I will second that. It was shit. I first picked it up thinking "Wow I love MGS, its classic counter part must be great too!". Oh fucking christ, how can you move more than 3 screens in that game without getting beat to death?

The artist formally known

Quote from: Mary W. Utterback on September 14, 2007, 04:36:51 PM
I will second that. It was shit. I first picked it up thinking "Wow I love MGS, its classic counter part must be great too!". Oh fucking christ, how can you move more than 3 screens in that game without getting beat to death?
Play with save states and you might enjoy it.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Mary W. Utterback on September 14, 2007, 04:36:51 PM
SO YEAH WE SHOULD MAKE METAL GEAR SOLID 4 2D SO THAT IT  CAN BE AS GREAT AS THE ORIGINAL.

Go Up