October 27, 2024, 06:11:47 AM

1,531,342 Posts in 46,732 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Cool I got a free camera

Started by The artist formally known, September 06, 2007, 03:52:16 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

The artist formally known

September 06, 2007, 03:52:16 PM Last Edit: September 06, 2007, 03:55:55 PM by Reefer
My mom had a camera that she thought was broken and I found a recall on it and got it repaired for free. Now it's my camera. Kinda lame that it's tape based but you can also record onto a SD card. Hopefully it'll provide better sound quality then my extremely slim camera.

Sony is awesome at repairs so if you're thinking of buying something, Sony repaired my three year old camera within two weeks for free. Westinghouse isn't good at repairs, do not buy shit from them unless you buy a warranty outside of the manufacture warranty. It's taken three months to fix my TV and they're not even half way done (meaning I still have the TV at my house broken and they're still wanting to figure out why Best Buy won't repair it. I probably have to ship it in, get it repaired, and ship it back, 3+ months)

It's big but it's still nice

Hopefully it'll want me to make the few YouTube videos I've wanted to make for a while now.  caterpie;

ncba93ivyase

FACT: All Sony products are broken.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Title27GT

Quote from: Lawlz on September 06, 2007, 03:55:20 PM
Well, Lawlz is still mentally retarded.

I'd rather buy a Sony TV then a Westinghouse TV after getting these two products repaired.

Wrench

Feynman

Quote from: WrenchNinja on September 06, 2007, 03:56:38 PM
I fixed it.

OH NO MY COPY OF MICROSOFT WORD IS BROKEN myface;

OH NO SO MANY PEOPLE ARE USING BROKEN THINGS myface;

also please dont fanboy this forum thanks :)

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Reefer on September 06, 2007, 03:56:21 PM
I'd rather buy a Sony TV then a Westinghouse TV after getting these two products repaired.
I'd take a Samsung or Toshiba TV.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Title27GT

Quote from: Bassir C. on September 06, 2007, 04:01:55 PM

OH NO SO MANY PEOPLE ARE USING BROKEN THINGS myface;

also please dont fanboy this forum thanks :)
okay andy :)
also fuk u for messin with camp hyrule nigga

It takes these fucking gay ass Memory Stick Duos, which is only Sony, which my computer dosen't have a media reader for it. I have like 5 different media readers in the front of my computer too. Lame.

Wrench

Quote from: Bassir C. on September 06, 2007, 04:01:55 PM

I meant it to direct at the Xbox 360's, but oh well.

Snorkel

MiniDV (I assume that's what you mean by "tape") is infinitely better than other formats, unless it's uncompressed HD on a built-in hard drive.

When you record to a disc or SD card, the video is compressed right when it's put on the card. With MiniDV and other tape formats, you've got direct, uncompressed, analog film. And putting an SD card in an adapter connected to your computer really isn't any more troublesome than connecting a FireWire cable to your computer.

Snorkel

From my experience, Sony makes the best low-budget video camera, especially their HD ones... also, Sony Bravia TV's outdo pretty much any others.

Quote from: This Apparatus Must Be Snorkel on September 06, 2007, 04:26:34 PM
MiniDV (I assume that's what you mean by "tape") is infinitely better than other formats, unless it's uncompressed HD on a built-in hard drive.

When you record to a disc or SD card, the video is compressed right when it's put on the card. With MiniDV and other tape formats, you've got direct, uncompressed, analog film. And putting an SD card in an adapter connected to your computer really isn't any more troublesome than connecting a FireWire cable to your computer.

So I've always wondered, you're saying that I could get the video from the tape onto my computer? I know nothing about this shit but if that is true, do want to the max. I also don't have firewire on my computer at all so I guess the best thing to do is to wait til I buy that reader (internal 3.5) I'd better get a firewire port. How would I know which kind of port to get? 400 or 800, I suppose 800 firewire could read all 400 types or what? I know nothing about Firewire

Yeah, it's Mini DV, and it says digital on it (yeah I know DV means digital video). If I'm not mistaken, thats not true at all, things on tape aren't really digital, they're analog.

Snorkel

Quote from: Reefer on September 06, 2007, 04:41:49 PM
So I've always wondered, you're saying that I could get the video from the tape onto my computer? I know nothing about this shit but if that is true, do want to the max. I also don't have firewire on my computer at all so I guess the best thing to do is to wait til I buy that reader (internal 3.5) I'd better get a firewire port. How would I know which kind of port to get? 400 or 800, I suppose 800 firewire could read all 400 types or what? I know nothing about Firewire

Yeah, it's Mini DV, and it says digital on it (yeah I know DV means digital video). If I'm not mistaken, thats not true at all, things on tape aren't really digital, they're analog.

It's digital because the CCD in the lens is digital.

The ideal setup for a PC is generally a FireWire cable that goes to IEEE1394, which is Windows FireWire, essentially. It looks like this (the one on the right, the left is conventional FireWire, which you could get an I/O PCI card for I guess):

[img]http://www.cabling-ol.net/cabledirect/images/1394-64G.jpg[/img]

Connect that to your camera and PC, find some video editing software you like (good luck), and away you go.

Quote from: This Apparatus Must Be Snorkel on September 06, 2007, 05:02:20 PM
It's digital because the CCD in the lens is digital.

The ideal setup for a PC is generally a FireWire cable that goes to IEEE1394, which is Windows FireWire, essentially. It looks like this (the one on the right, the left is conventional FireWire, which you could get an I/O PCI card for I guess):

[img]http://www.cabling-ol.net/cabledirect/images/1394-64G.jpg[/img]

Connect that to your camera and PC, find some video editing software you like (good luck), and away you go.

Video editing software is a nightmare to find. Thanks a lot Snorkel thumbup;

Go Up