October 18, 2024, 02:27:23 PM

1,531,335 Posts in 46,732 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

GREAT NEWS

Started by ncba93ivyase, September 03, 2007, 12:23:46 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ncba93ivyase

Yesterday I was a bit bored and noticed Valentrinne was a bit huge (exceeding 700 megs), so I decided to trim a few files and maybe slim it down a tiny bit. Well, I converted all of our banners to high quality jpegs (yes, I'm sorry), cutting each down in size by over 50%, cutting back loading times considerably and reducing our bandwidth usage a smidgen.  I doubt you'll notice a loss in quality in any of them, because there really isn't any. And we still request all banners be submitted in either PNG or gif form. Those that are excessively large can be converted to jpeg later by an admin.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Wrench

Can barely tell a difference and the site is running great.

Good job, Lawlz.

Title27GT

YPrrrr

Kalahari Inkantation

They look the same. If you didn't say anything I wouldn't have noticed. powerofone;

Snorkel

I've been meaning to do that myself lately, because like 90% of the bandwidth is the banner reloading on every page... so this could knock off as much as like, 10gb a month from our bandwidth useage, if they're really only half as big.

It doesn't really matter, seeing as 40gb/month is 1% of allotted bandwidth, but whatever.

So good job.  flower;

Daddy

Hosting your own avatars helps too.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

mariofreak

FAMY2

Quote from: JMV290 on September 03, 2007, 12:33:46 PM
Hosting your own avatars helps too.

I'm a good girl.   caterpie;

Go Up