April 18, 2024, 10:01:19 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Animal abuse

Started by Selkie, September 01, 2007, 08:25:20 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Selkie

I understand there may be more serious topics to discuss, but I think tht animal abuse is a serious problem.

People who don't understand what takes place, and what happens to animals daily concerning abusive behavior seem to dismiss the subject casually. Why is that?

It is almost just as bad as torturing a human being, they feel the exact pain as a human would. The only difference may be concerning family or something like that with humans that may make it more sensitive.

But really, no living thing deserves to go through terrible pain for no reason.

Daddy

It's disgusting, there isn't any reason to abuse animals and I think the punishment for such crimes should be stricter. 

It doesn't matter if it's a pet, a wild animal, or something we're going to eat later on.

BSS

I think animal abuse is worse than torturing humans. When I hear about how a father and son lit a stray cat on fire in the paper, I want to throw up. If I could make the rules, everyone who abused animals would be tortured, then killed. I'm serious.
tbtf

Flameow

It's like torturing a human baby - even though they can't speak out in words like "I'm hurting" or communicate verbally through our language, that doesn't mean they can't feel pain.  That's really the stupidest idea ever, of course they have a nervous system and they feel everything.  Maybe even moreso if they're smaller animals with less endurance.

I recently saw a video that went on behind the scenes of a circus, and I've vowed never to go to a circus again, and I've showed the video to all of my friends.  They basically sink giant hooks into elephants' flesh if they don't immediately obey the trainer, it's disgusting, I felt like crying.  The trainer was such a bastard, he was like "Make them scream!" and I wanted to strangle him.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Flameow on September 03, 2007, 01:17:52 AM
It's like torturing a human baby - even though they can't speak out in words like "I'm hurting" or communicate verbally through our language, that doesn't mean they can't feel pain.  That's really the stupidest idea ever, of course they have a nervous system and they feel everything.  Maybe even moreso if they're smaller animals with less endurance.

I recently saw a video that went on behind the scenes of a circus, and I've vowed never to go to a circus again, and I've showed the video to all of my friends.  They basically sink giant hooks into elephants' flesh if they don't immediately obey the trainer, it's disgusting, I felt like crying.  The trainer was such a bastard, he was like "Make them scream!" and I wanted to strangle him.
Yeah, it's pretty horrible when people use the "they can't feel pain" excuse as a way to do whatever they please to animals.

Hell, I even have compassion towards insects, and they can feel pain. It's pretty much incomprehensible how a person can say an insect feels nothing, yet watches them jump around wildly when they burn them with a magnifying glass. It's even worse when people do extreme things like skinning a snake alive or slicing a cows tendons and forcing them to walk to their demise.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Flameow

Quote from: Lawlz on September 03, 2007, 01:22:44 AM
Yeah, it's pretty horrible when people use the "they can't feel pain" excuse as a way to do whatever they please to animals.

Hell, I even have compassion towards insects, and they can feel pain. It's pretty much incomprehensible how a person can say an insect feels nothing, yet watches them jump around wildly when they burn them with a magnifying glass. It's even worse when people do extreme things like skinning a snake alive or slicing a cows tendons and forcing them to walk to their demise.

Same, people think I'm weird for it - I try to save insects before people kill them right away.  I picked up a bee that was drowning in the swimming pool, and let it crawl around on my hand to dry its wings and my friend said "Do you want me to put it out of its misery?" and I said "What are you talking about?" and she said that it was going to die, and I said "No, watch..." and it flew away.  It was a magical moment. XD
I get pretty annoyed when people kill spiders and stuff just because they're wusses and start screaming when they see one.  I mean...they should grow up a little...

But yeah, I don't know how people can't get it through their heads that animals feel pain.  My friend described it in such a powerful way, she said she was driving past one of those giant fields where they keep thousands of cows to be slaughtered, and she looked at one cow's eyes and said "Wow, there's something there..." 
Lots of people think that animals are so stupid and inferior that they don't have any real rights to live, but if that were the case, we could just go around killing stupid people as well.  And they're not dimwitted, they have to survive on their own and they're capable of things that humans aren't.

But I'm not against eating animals, it's a part of nature, and people have to get their protein somewhere.
Whoa, I ramble a lot.

BSS

Quote from: Flameow on September 03, 2007, 01:39:15 AM
Same, people think I'm weird for it - I try to save insects before people kill them right away.  I picked up a bee that was drowning in the swimming pool, and let it crawl around on my hand to dry its wings and my friend said "Do you want me to put it out of its misery?" and I said "What are you talking about?" and she said that it was going to die, and I said "No, watch..." and it flew away.  It was a magical moment. XD
I get pretty annoyed when people kill spiders and stuff just because they're wusses and start screaming when they see one.  I mean...they should grow up a little...

But yeah, I don't know how people can't get it through their heads that animals feel pain.  My friend described it in such a powerful way, she said she was driving past one of those giant fields where they keep thousands of cows to be slaughtered, and she looked at one cow's eyes and said "Wow, there's something there..." 
Lots of people think that animals are so stupid and inferior that they don't have any real rights to live, but if that were the case, we could just go around killing stupid people as well.  And they're not dimwitted, they have to survive on their own and they're capable of things that humans aren't.

But I'm not against eating animals, it's a part of nature, and people have to get their protein somewhere.
Whoa, I ramble a lot.
I'm the same way. When bugs fly into our house, everyone will be like "omg a bug wtf do i do kill it kill it!" and I have to run over and cup it in my hands really fast before everyone can squash it, then I let it outside and everyone gives me this evil look like I'm some sort of freak. I don't get it.  psyduck;

And about what Lawlz said about slicing cows tendons and forcing them to walk to their death, that's just sick and unnecessary. I would love to take those people and slice their tendons and force them to walk until they die. Those bastards.
tbtf

36chambers

Yeah, animal abuse is terrible, and should not be tolerated in any way. But in the Michael Vick case i think it is over exaggerated and people seem to make it seem as if he killed a person, sure he deserves to serve the time but it's not the worst crime possible. Also, I consider hunting animal abuse and just as bad as dog fighting.

Shoj

Quote from: Flameow on September 03, 2007, 01:17:52 AM

That sums all I think about it... they have feelings too and it's just wrong to kill them. I can't stand to see an animal sad.

I've started to get more sympathy towards bugs lately. Still can't stand Mosquitoes though... I hate them. Of course that contradicts what I just said. If bugs are considered animals. Are they? Never knew if they were or not.

*Won't side with Peta, though*

mariofreak

mike vick is kewl

No not really, it's cruel, sick, and inhumane. What are we discussing, anyways?

Andrew1911

Quote from: BSS on September 01, 2007, 08:40:03 PM
I think animal abuse is worse than torturing humans. When I hear about how a father and son lit a stray cat on fire in the paper, I want to throw up. If I could make the rules, everyone who abused animals would be tortured, then killed. I'm serious.

huh

Nyerp

Insects and arthropods I don't care about and will kill if they try to get in my house since the only thing most of them can do is hurt me and there are already quadrillions of the little bastards anyway.

Infel

Quote from: Nyerp on October 08, 2007, 06:01:14 AM
Insects and arthropods I don't care about and will kill if they try to get in my house since the only thing most of them can do is hurt me and there are already quadrillions of the little bastards anyway.
I do the same, and only to them. I got a whole Spider box thing, though, and feed them captured ants. If I fail to capture the ants, I have probably crushed them. We got an ant infestation due to it being Low-income housing and they won't do fuck all about the wall that could collapse any moment.

Even then, they decided it would be okay to raise the rent for this shithole 100 bucks.

Wolf Link

Don't even get me started on animal abuse.

I've kicked the crap out of a couple people for hurting their dogs. I even got somebody arrested and got to take care of his husky for about a week.
Sweetest dog you'll ever meet, and this ass whole kicked her, TWICE, right in front of me. I leveled him "in self defense" on got him busted for animal abuse. He freaking broke two of her ribs and thought that was ok.

If there is one thing on this planet that pisses me off more than anything else, it's easily animal abuse and neglect. These poor creatures are doing nothing wrong, but because we're human, we're automatically better and that makes it ok to assault all those that we share this planet with...I know multiple people who have this mentality, and it makes me sick.

As far as insects go, I WOULD save them if I could, but I can never get there before my sister swats the fly with the towel or my dad smashes the spider... >_>

As far as the cows getting their tendons cut...I had never heard of that. Dear god, that's beyond repulsive. I can't believe they would do something so twisted to a living creature. Sometimes I wish I COULD get some form of revenge on bastards like that without risking time in prison D:

I'm even edgy with humanly yuthenising (don't have a clue how to spell it, sorry) dogs and cats at the pound. Like, if they're deathly ill and it would be to their benefit to be put down to put them out of pain or something, than ok. But for the love of god, you kill a dog because he's mean? Fine. Than I must be allowed to kill whoever insults me, right? Why not? They were mean. They had a bad attitude.
I'm sorry, but I do not believe a bad attitude is sufficient reason to kill. I REFUSE to believe that in our day and age we cannot develope some form of medication for it, if we don't have one already. Even a sedetive or something that just relaxes them. Why do you have to take a creatures life for it, especially since more often than not, they only behave poorly because they were treated poorly by humans.

Ok, let me stop. I'm getting myself more worked up than I'm showing. I swear, it pisses me off soooooo much that some humans think they're so freaking perfect that they can do this stuff...it's disgusting

Nyerp

Quote from: Wolf Link on November 06, 2007, 09:47:49 PM
I'm sorry, but I do not believe a bad attitude is sufficient reason to kill. I REFUSE to believe that in our day and age we cannot develope some form of medication for it, if we don't have one already. Even a sedetive or something that just relaxes them. Why do you have to take a creatures life for it, especially since more often than not, they only behave poorly because they were treated poorly by humans.
I don't think using those kinds of medications on dogs and cats is smart since you can't change their behavior with it.

Go Up