Should homosexuals be able to adopt and raise kids?

Started by Himu, August 30, 2007, 07:39:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

Should homosexual couples be allowed to adopt and raise children?

Yes
64 (80%)
No
16 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 73

Go Down

me003

Yes they should.

Yea it could ruin a child's life for having two daddies.
Quote from: reefer on November 29, 2007, 11:32:08 PM
No offense to her but she kinda doesn't know crap about shit

:atomsk:

I heard on tv that girls with gay parents had less self esteem problems and more confidence, and that guys with gay parents were more sensitive and caring.

Samus Aran

Quote from: :atomsk: on November 13, 2008, 08:43:17 PM
I heard on tv that girls with gay parents had less self esteem problems and more confidence, and that guys with gay parents were more sensitive and caring.

I'm pretty sure those are mostly coincidences. Self-esteem and confidence and things like that are more related to how a parent treats their child rather than sexual orientation.

:atomsk:

Quote from: Kazmopolitan on November 13, 2008, 10:45:39 PM
I'm pretty sure those are mostly coincidences. Self-esteem and confidence and things like that are more related to how a parent treats their child rather than sexual orientation.

Maybe 'cause they're more undestanding and stuff.. i don't know. it's just what i've heard.

strongbad

I think that it would be fine for homosexuals to adopt, and I honestly don't see the child get made fun of a lot. It at least wouldn't happen where I live. The only problem is that I could see the parents push the kid into being homosexual, and/or see it being really weird when the child gets a girlfriend or something. I guess it just depends how comfortable the two fathers (or mothers in that case) are with the situation.

ME##

Quote from: Davie on November 15, 2008, 10:26:57 AM
I honestly don't see the child get made fun of a lot.

How do you not see that happening?  Maybe in high school it wouldn't happen, but definitely they would have to deal with it throughout middle school. 
The only problem is that I could see the parents push the kid into being homosexual

I really don't see how that will effect the child all that much, don't some heterosexual parents try to push their children to also be heterosexual, or at least hope that they are heterosexual?  I wouldn't expect the number of homosexual children to be substantially higher than homosexuals that come from idealistic families.

Det in F♯ Major

I honestly don't see the child get made fun of a lot.

Hell yes, they would be. @_@
I know kids around here who get made fun of for having a black mother and white father (and vice versa), I definitely think people would make fun of someone who has 'two daddies' or 'two mommies', at least when they're little. Don't we have some instinct that tells us that having a male parent and a female parent is... for lack of a better word, correct? Small children who don't yet know what homosexuality is would definitely make fun of their peer for having two parents of the same gender; when they grow up, not so much. This goes back to how my peers are made fun of for having two parents of a different race, they were made fun of when we were younger by peers who had two parents of the same race, because they didn't understand yet that two people of a different race could fall in love and have children.

And to answer this question (if I haven't already in this thread), of course. Do they even ask your sexual orientation on adoption papers? It seems a little silly to, to me. I don't know of a reason why homosexuals shouldn't be able to (unless they're abusive or poor, etc., or any other reason why a heterosexual couple would also be denied).
Quote from: Khadafi on February 02, 2011, 03:17:34 PM
BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW

Daddy

Quote from: Detonator on November 15, 2008, 12:17:34 PM

And to answer this question (if I haven't already in this thread), of course. Do they even ask your sexual orientation on adoption papers?
Yes, I think they might. Some states also allow only married couples to adopt, and since gays can't marry in those states they can't adopt.
QuoteIt seems a little silly to, to me. I don't know of a reason why homosexuals shouldn't be able to (unless they're abusive or poor, etc., or any other reason why a heterosexual couple would also be denied).
There isn't a reason. hocuspocus;

ME##

Quote from: Detonator on November 15, 2008, 12:17:34 PM
And to answer this question (if I haven't already in this thread), of course. Do they even ask your sexual orientation on adoption papers?

I doubt they ask you if you're homosexual on the papers, but I could be wrong.  But like JMV said, some states do block unmarried couples from adopting, effectively banning homosexuals.  I know some two states that do allow it, but for most it seems to be a case by case thing.
Quote from: Procyon lotor on November 15, 2008, 12:21:26 PM
There isn't a reason. hocuspocus;

they'll be corrupted though ;_;

Det in F♯ Major

Quote from: Procyon lotor on November 15, 2008, 12:21:26 PM
Some states also allow only married couples to adopt

Hah, I didn't even think of this. psyduck;
That's probably a good thing though that only married couples can adopt.
Quote from: Khadafi on February 02, 2011, 03:17:34 PM
BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW

strongbad

Quote from: ME86 on November 15, 2008, 11:54:53 AM
How do you not see that happening?  Maybe in high school it wouldn't happen, but definitely they would have to deal with it throughout middle school. 

There's a few people at my school who have been openly gay since like 7th grade and nobody ever makes fun of them. In middle school one of them was insanely popular, and still is.

Maybe where I live is nicer or something, but I honestly can't see people getting made fun for having homosexual dads. I would make fun of my friend if his parents were homosexual, but only to mess with him. I don't see anybody at my school doing it to hurt people.
Quote from: ME86 on November 15, 2008, 11:54:53 AM
I really don't see how that will effect the child all that much, don't some heterosexual parents try to push their children to also be heterosexual, or at least hope that they are heterosexual?  I wouldn't expect the number of homosexual children to be substantially higher than homosexuals that come from idealistic families.

I've asked my parents what they would do if I came out of the closet (just wondering), and my mom and dad said that they'd be okay with it, but they would be a little sad. I understand, since I know that my mom would love to have grandchildren, and that would be more complicated if I had to adopt.

ME##

Quote from: Davie on November 15, 2008, 01:38:37 PM
There's a few people at my school who have been openly gay since like 7th grade and nobody ever makes fun of them. In middle school one of them was insanely popular, and still is.

Wow. goonish
Quote from: Davie on November 15, 2008, 01:38:37 PM
I've asked my parents what they would do if I came out of the closet (just wondering), and my mom and dad said that they'd be okay with it, but they would be a little sad. I understand, since I know that my mom would love to have grandchildren, and that would be more complicated if I had to adopt.

ugh you suck

Wrench

Of course they should. It might be awkward for the kid to tell everyone, but who cares? As long as they are good parents, it is perfectly fine with me.

Pyrate

Go Up