Should homosexuals be able to adopt and raise kids?

Started by Himu, August 30, 2007, 07:39:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

Should homosexual couples be allowed to adopt and raise children?

Yes
64 (80%)
No
16 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 73

Go Down

guff

Quote from: This Apparatus Must Be Snorkel on September 03, 2007, 01:39:45 PM
Not because I think homosexuality is actually wrong, but because it would be the same as straight parents teaching kids homosexuality is wrong, which is something that happens quite often. So really I'm saying the parents' sexuality has nothing to do with it, just their parenting.
Yet, for some reason, heterosexual parents shouldn't be held to the same standard?  psyduck;

Shoj

I don't know.

I don't have a stance on homosexuality at this moment, but aside from the ups, including the fact that the couple get to enjoy life together, there are a bunch of downs. That adopted kid would hate his life because he'd be made of throughout most of his life. And that's... bad.

guff

Quote from: Shoj on September 07, 2007, 04:49:54 PM
That adopted kid would hate his life because he'd be made of throughout most of his life. And that's... bad.
as has been pointed out, many, many kids are constantly made fun of and don't even have gay parents, adoptive or otherwise

also, i really doubt his coworker in the cubicle next to him would constantly riff on his gay parents  psyduck;

Shoj

Quote from: Commodore Guff on September 07, 2007, 04:56:35 PM
as has been pointed out, many, many kids are constantly made fun of and don't even have gay parents, adoptive or otherwise

also, i really doubt his coworker in the cubicle next to him would constantly riff on his gay parents  psyduck;
good point edumacate;

But the parents may convince their kid to be gay himself, and most kids nowadays being close-minded would always make fun of him for being gay.

guff

Quote from: Shoj on September 07, 2007, 05:01:58 PM
But the parents may convince their kid to be gay himself...
uh yeah do heterosexual parents have to convince their kids to be straight

Shoj

Quote from: Commodore Guff on September 07, 2007, 05:07:08 PM
uh yeah do heterosexual parents have to convince their kids to be straight
Don't most of them do that?

I've heard several instances of where a gay kid tells their parents they're gay and they flip out.

Maybe I just live under a rock. Sry.  psyduck;

guff

Quote from: Shoj on September 07, 2007, 05:11:24 PM
Don't most of them do that?
did yours  psyduck;
I've heard several instances of where a gay kid tells their parents they're gay and they flip out.
how's that relevant
Maybe I just live under a rock.
goodbye worm

Shoj

Quote from: Commodore Guff on September 07, 2007, 05:30:16 PM
did yours  psyduck;

how's that relevant

goodbye worm
1- no, but they wanted me to be
2- meaning, that the parents didn't want their kids to be gay.
3- wut

guff

Quote from: Shoj on September 07, 2007, 05:32:27 PM
1- no, but they wanted me to be
2- meaning, that the parents didn't want their kids to be gay.
3- wut
so they didn't urge you to but they wanted you to be  psyduck;
did you skim their thoughts telepathically

freaking out is a bit different from actively pushing a child one way or the other, and don't you think gay parents (who, as you pointed out, would probably have been tormented much as a child) would be a bit more open-minded and understanding?

goodbye worm eat dirt

Shoj

Quote from: Commodore Guff on September 07, 2007, 05:36:23 PM
so they didn't urge you to but they wanted you to be  psyduck;
did you skim their thoughts telepathically

freaking out is a bit different from actively pushing a child one way or the other, and don't you think gay parents (who, as you pointed out, would probably have been tormented much as a child) would be a bit more open-minded and understanding?

goodbye worm eat dirt

No, but when I told them there was a girl I liked, they were happy that I was straight.

Umm... yeah.

(Oh, I see about that last comment. I didn't intend the smiley, but the word "rock".) Yeah, I fail at debating. 'Wish I was better.  edumacate;

guff

Quote from: Shoj on September 07, 2007, 05:45:39 PM
No, but when I told them there was a girl I liked, they were happy that I was straight.

Umm... yeah.

(Oh, I see about that last comment. I didn't intend the smiley, but the word "rock".) Yeah, I fail at debating. 'Wish I was better.  edumacate;
or maybe they were happy because some parents like the prospect of their children not dying alone

nope

(o ok)  ok

mariofreak

I say yes, but now that I think about it, I wouldn't want to be raised by gay parents.

Houdini

Quote from: miladmaaan on September 08, 2007, 11:28:46 AM
I say yes, but now that I think about it, I wouldn't want to be raised by gay parents.
why

ncba93ivyase

I'd like to hear why Skittles, XXXHauntedHouse, and Bushy say "No."

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Himu

Quote from: Lawlz on September 08, 2007, 08:16:37 PM
I'd like to hear why Skittles, XXXHauntedHouse, and Bushy say "No."
Probably because homosexuals as parents of will result in the kid being made fun of really badly.  And when if the kid is self-conscience of how everyone else's parents are man and woman?  They'll be more made fun of for having homosexual parents than if they were black or mexican people.  Face it.  Kids are dicks these days.  But I'm for it for some reason.  It's just hard to explain.

Go Up