Should homosexuals be able to adopt and raise kids?

Started by Himu, August 30, 2007, 07:39:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

Should homosexual couples be allowed to adopt and raise children?

Yes
64 (80%)
No
16 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 73

Go Down

Selkie

Quote from: Lawlz on August 31, 2007, 10:23:24 AM
People that live in trailers shouldn't have children.

Stupidest thing I have ever heard.

Ever.

Even if they are good parents and decent people?

BSS

Quote from: Ohbotm on August 31, 2007, 03:27:34 PM
As long as their good parents.

The kid's life would still be pretty fucked up though. Honestly, I wouldn't think many people would want to be friends with him if he has two dads. Regardless if the kid is a homo or not.
Most kids aren't that evil. If gay people are accepted I don't see why a kid with gay parents wouldn't be.

Still, if that is the problem we need to work on getting kids to accept gays, not ban gays from being able to adopt kids.
tbtf

Tomboh

Quote from: BSS on August 31, 2007, 05:45:19 PM
Most kids aren't that evil.
I know kids who make fun of others just because they think they're gay. If a kid REALLY has gay dads, then he will get shat on with insults.

BSS

Quote from: Ohbotm on August 31, 2007, 08:17:44 PM
I know kids who make fun of others just because they think they're gay. If a kid REALLY has gay dads, then he will get shat on with insults.
Quote from: BSS on August 31, 2007, 05:45:19 PMStill, if that is the problem we need to work on getting kids to accept gays, not ban gays from being able to adopt kids.
tbtf

Houdini

Quote from: Ohbotm on August 31, 2007, 08:17:44 PM
That's not the fault of the gay parents, though. It's the damn kids' fault, as well as their parents' for rasing them to make fun of homosexuality.

Andrew1911

Quote from: Toast on August 31, 2007, 08:23:33 PM
That's not the fault of the gay parents, though. It's the damn kids' fault, as well as their parents' for rasing them to make fun of homosexuality.

Seriously, should parents with one leg missing have their kids taken away from them because children may make fun of them?

Ash

Houdini

Quote from: Andrew1911 on August 31, 2007, 08:36:21 PM
Seriously, should parents with one leg missing have their kids taken away from them because children may make fun of them?
You might as well take away everyone's kids, because nearly all of them will get made fun of at some point.

Andrew1911

Quote from: Toast on August 31, 2007, 09:47:56 PM
You might as well take away everyone's kids, because nearly all of them will get made fun of at some point.

"hey ur mom's kind of chubby u sux"

"aw damn i gotta get a new mom again :("

Pash

They should be able to. Just as long as they take good care of the child.

Flameow

They should be allowed to adopt.  I honestly wouldn't care if I were adopted by a straight or gay couple, just as long as I had a home and didn't have to live in a friggin' orphanage.
And about kids being outcasts because of their parents...the only way to solve that problem is to integrate gay couples into society and allow people to get used to the changes.  People used to have problems with interracial couples (some still do, but they're assholes) but the only way the society could accept them was as more intermarriage took place, and it became normal.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Ripster on August 31, 2007, 05:16:47 PM
Stupidest thing I have ever heard.

Ever.

Even if they are good parents and decent people?
But being "trailer trash" is worse than having homosexual parents, correct?

If you think homosexuals shouldn't have children, then people that live in trailer parks and minorities shouldn't have kids either.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Snorkel

Yes, as long as they're not horribly biased toward straight people or something, and start teaching their kids that homosexuality is right and anything else is wrong. Not because I think homosexuality is actually wrong, but because it would be the same as straight parents teaching kids homosexuality is wrong, which is something that happens quite often. So really I'm saying the parents' sexuality has nothing to do with it, just their parenting.

Zack777

Well, its bad if you grow up without a Dad, but just as bad growing up without a Mom  psyduck;

prjuni

I really don't think its necessary for it to be a man and a women. As long as the people have responsibility then they should be able to take care of a child, regardless of gender, or sexual preference.

Go Up