Should homosexuals be able to adopt and raise kids?

Started by Himu, August 30, 2007, 07:39:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

Should homosexual couples be allowed to adopt and raise children?

Yes
64 (80%)
No
16 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 73

Go Down

~Fiesta~

Yeah I see no harm in it. The kid will probably be made fun of in school to no extent, but thats besides the point.  argh;

tehmedic

I think this is totally acceptable I my self coming from a foster home know it can be terrible at times. I also have a  friend from a foster home who is still stuck in it and his whole life story is trying to get away from it. Homosexuality should not effect the ability to love a child, If these parents go through the proper adoption papers and the Social worker for the baby being adopted thinks these people are good then they are good. there should be no bias to whether the parents are gay or not. Also i would like to note that there are so many children around the world who are deeply in need of a loving family, and they have nothing simply put if there are more people adopting the better It just means less children dying of starvation and many other problems.

so in turn ALLOW HOMOSEXUALS TO ADOPT KIDS!!!!

Men, it's been a long war, it's been a tough war. You've fought bravely, proudly for your country. You're a special group. You've found in one another a bond, that exists only in combat, among brothers. You've shared foxholes, held each other in dire moments. You've seen death and suffered together. I'm proud to have served with each and every one of you. You all deserve long and happy lives peace

bluaki

Honestly, I think that we shouldn't be able to raise kids. In my opinion the kids would end up... screwed up in some way from that. Their peers would more than likely tease them, any teachers might treat the child differently, the kid could offend others in early schooling by showing affection to the same gender (I mean like elementary school. I don't think that homosexuality should be encouraged at such an age).

I myself am a homosexual girl but I don't ever want kids. Even if I did, I would think about how the kid's life would be messed up from that.

Quote from: Sorbet on September 25, 2007, 09:47:05 PM
Two dads are better than none.
I've grown up with no dad and actually prefer that to having one pseudo;

This might be assumed from my post, but I don't have homosexual parents. I just have one mother and a father who left less than half a year after my birth.

Daddy

Quote from: bluaki on November 03, 2007, 11:36:24 PM
Honestly, I think that we shouldn't be able to raise kids. In my opinion the kids would end up... screwed up in some way from that. Their peers would more than likely tease them, any teachers might treat the child differently, the kid could offend others in early schooling by showing affection to the same gender (I mean like elementary school. I don't think that homosexuality should be encouraged at such an age).

I myself am a homosexual girl but I don't ever want kids. Even if I did, I would think about how the kid's life would be messed up from that.
We can't prevent perfectly capable parents from being able to raise children, just because people are intolerant. When I was in 6th grade I liked a girl who was a Jehovah's Witness and people picked on her for it.  Should we say that because they may be a target of abuse by peers that the parents shouldn't have kids?(Although not allowing Christians to reproduce is a good idea.  caterpie; )

I've grown up with no dad and actually prefer that to having one pseudo;

This might be assumed from my post, but I don't have homosexual parents. I just have one mother and a father who left less than half a year after my birth.
Having a father figure is beneficial to many.  When I was two my father left.  It does create some psychological damage( maybe moreso for males than females. I don't know) in the child.  They may blame themselves for it.  They might think that they aren't good enough to keep their father around.  I mean why wouldn't a father want their child?   Even being raised by my step-father I did have thoughts that it may have been something wrong with me.   I would probably be a lot worse off without being raised with a father figure.

Wolf Link

I agree with JMV that having a good male figure in one's life CAN be (but obviously it can very) incredibly beneficial for some. My life wouldn't be nearly as good as it is without my dad's presence. Two women couldn't do what my parents have done with their business, and because of that, I live a great life.

I personally believe that a loving home is far more important than a bit of redicule at school. If a kid needs a loving home, and two homosexuals can provide just that, than why not? Wouldn't you rather feel loved at home and disliked at school than the other way around? I would, personally.

Of course, as Bluaki pointed out, this isn't the case with everybody. Everyone has their own opinions on the subject; it's very open ended.

Daddy

Quote from: Wolf Link on November 04, 2007, 01:26:16 AM
I agree with JMV that having a good male figure in one's life CAN be (but obviously it can very) incredibly beneficial for some. My life wouldn't be nearly as good as it is without my dad's presence. Two women couldn't do what my parents have done with their business, and because of that, I live a great life.

I personally believe that a loving home is far more important than a bit of redicule at school. If a kid needs a loving home, and two homosexuals can provide just that, than why not? Wouldn't you rather feel loved at home and disliked at school than the other way around? I would, personally.

Of course, as Bluaki pointed out, this isn't the case with everybody. Everyone has their own opinions on the subject; it's very open ended.
Well, by "father figure", I didn't mean solely men.   I guess a mother could fulfill that need, but it would cause a lack of a mother-like figure, which is also needed.

Two parents are needed to help fill the role of both a mother and a father, regardless of their actual gender.

Wolf Link

Yeah, makes sense. That's actually a pretty good point.
The father figure doesn't have to be male, and the mother doesn't have to be female. Gender shouldn't change how one would act.

Gman61

The reason some states dont let gays adopt is because a large magoritysof gays are very ammoral.  (not all there are quite a fewvery wholsome gays i know. I am not biendg a biggot.) they know some gays would be good parents but if they give kids to a good gay they have to give it to a bad one too

TheExAm

I disagree with this post
Quote from: Gman61 on November 12, 2007, 08:31:21 PM
The reason some states dont let gays adopt is because a large magoritysof gays are very ammoral.  (not all there are quite a fewvery wholsome gays i know. I am not biendg a biggot.) they know some gays would be good parents but if they give kids to a good gay they have to give it to a bad one too
I disagree with most of this post.

The majority of gays are the ones that don't get much attention, the ones who AREN'T leather-wearing horny fags (fag being a term I use to describe the dumbshits in this category).
So yes, I agree that homosexuals should be allowed to adopt children. Hell, Steal and I know someone who has two lesbian mothers, and he turned out fine, despite being a bit annoying, but that's no characteristic that's exclusive to gay parents.

Andrew1911

Quote from: Gman61 on November 12, 2007, 08:31:21 PM

What the hell does this post mean?  psyduck;

sans culottes

Sure thing.

But we can't take this in the total opposite way. IE, making stupid laws that let gays get kids easier than straight people are something. Whatever couple is best gets the kid imo.

Gay couples raising kids is kinda unnormal and not the typical family thing. But if we hold back on it we're just slowing down progress.
I support BUSH

Classic

I share the same fear.
Yes, they should be able to...but like we've discussed...homophobia is real and the child could be bullied.

I'll never adopt a child.

Houdini

Quote from: Co-Z on December 29, 2007, 07:36:29 AM
Gay couples raising kids is kinda unnormal and not the typical family thing.
The typical family thing is obsolete now that we don't spend all of our time simply trying to survive.

Walter

Well, I think it is fine and they should definitely be allowed to. But it may end up kind of weird for the kids maybe? I really have no idea to be honest because I am not in that position. Whatever, society has molded my brain into thinking homosexuality is weird and I can't help it, but I try. >.>

Friendly Hostile

I see no issue with it.  If a gay couple wishes to adopt and raise a child, they should be able to.  It allows a gay couple to still have a family while providing many children with home and family life instead of going through foster care.

As for it being "weird"  if the child is raised with gay parents, they'll generally see it as normal since that what they've grown up seeing.  It actually helps in making homosexual couple become part of the 'norm' since the next generation wil see it less and less as an oddity.

Go Up