September 20, 2024, 08:30:15 AM

1,531,318 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Oh Ritalee

Started by Daddy, August 27, 2007, 08:59:46 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Tomboh

Quote from: The Joker on August 28, 2007, 04:38:52 PM
I was unsure of what the acronym FAS stood for.
If only you had some sort of information SuperHighway at your disposal... One which could answer most of the World's questions in an instant. Man, that would be awesome.

Maybe I should make one. educate;

V

Quote from: Ohbotm on August 28, 2007, 04:45:54 PM
If only you had some sort of information SuperHighway at your disposal... One which could answer most of the World's questions in an instant. Man, that would be awesome.

Maybe I should make one. educate;

I know how to use google, smartass.  argh;

But seeing as how they were talking about it already, I asked them.

Kalahari Inkantation

...Is she hot? educate;

Ash

What's Fetal Alcohol Syndrome?

Tomboh

Reverse Psychology

Quote from: Ash on August 29, 2007, 06:40:40 PM
What's Fetal Alcohol Syndrome?
Fetal alcohol syndrome or FAS is a disorder of permanent birth defects that occurs in the offspring of women who drink alcohol during pregnancy. It is unknown whether amount, frequency or timing of alcohol consumption during pregnancy causes a difference in amount of damage done to the fetus. Thus, the current recommendation is not to drink at all during pregnancy. Alcohol crosses the placental barrier and can stunt fetal growth or weight, create distinctive facial stigmata, damage neurons and brain structures, and cause other physical, mental, or behavioral problems.[1][2][3]

The main effect of FAS is permanent central nervous system damage, especially the brain. Developing brain cells and structures are underdeveloped or malformed by prenatal alcohol exposure, often creating an array of primary cognitive and functional disabilities (including poor memory, attention deficits, impulsive behavior, and poor cause-effect reasoning) as well as secondary disabilities (for example, trouble with the law, mental health problems, and drug addiction).[3][4] The risk of brain damage exists during each trimester, since the fetal brain develops throughout the entire pregnancy.[5]

Fetal alcohol exposure is the leading known cause of mental retardation in the Western world.[6] In the United States alone, the FAS prevalence rate is estimated to be between 0.2 and 2.0 cases per 1,000 live births, comparable to or higher than other developmental disabilities such as Down syndrome or Spina Bifida.[7] The lifetime medical and social costs of each child with FAS are estimated to be as high as US$800,000.[8] While prenatal alcohol exposure does not automatically result in FAS, the U.S. Surgeon General advises pregnant women to abstain from alcohol use due to the risk of FAS.[9]

HOLY SHIT I CAN COPY AND PASTE

Ash

Thanks. Now I amz edumacated.  navi;

Ash

Reverse Psychology

Ash

Quote from: Display Name on August 31, 2007, 09:26:18 PM
Look at the URL, idiot.

My bad, I didn't think of doing that.  gonk;

One Man Freak Show

I had a thread floated of her saying how much she cherishes "[her] old pacifier", but Andy deleted all of my floats yesterday so I lost it. edumacate;

CruelPleasure

Quote from: ONEMANFREAKSHOW on September 13, 2007, 06:41:00 PM
I had a thread floated of her saying how much she cherishes "[her] old pacifier", but Andy deleted all of my floats yesterday so I lost it. edumacate;
xD Thats fucking great, I think I may risk a ban and make fun of her next time I see her.

ncba93ivyase

I KNOW A GUY WITH TOES FOR THUMBS.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

One Man Freak Show

Quote from: boyahahaha on September 14, 2007, 09:55:22 AM
xD Thats fucking great, I think I may risk a ban and make fun of her next time I see her.

She says it's her good luck charm and she takes it with her everywhere she goes.

Go Up