April 23, 2024, 04:01:08 PM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Legalize weed?

Started by strakt, August 22, 2007, 07:55:48 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Quote from: Lawlz on January 01, 2008, 02:34:07 PM
and when little johnny sees a "deadly, illegal, immoral" drug suddenly legalized on the local news, he's going to think "hay it must be okay now"
Yeah, and it's going to cost him an arm and a leg to get it.

Then by the time "little johnny" is actually old enough to score some legally, he'll be John and work at a Big Lots

Houdini

Quote from: NotSid on January 01, 2008, 02:31:09 PM
Why would you want to government's hand in something like weed? They would probably tax the shit out of it.
At least people won't get thrown in jail for smoking or selling it.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Houdini on January 01, 2008, 03:51:15 PM
At least people won't get thrown in jail for smoking or selling it.
But a majority of American, especially children, will think that makes marijuana perfectly okay to use and they'll be able to score some at a ripe young age for a fraction of what kids today are paying.

Legalization=An entire nation addicted.

Keeping it illegal but not spending billions  burning down houses and exploding little boats hauling some of it=Okay.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Daddy

Quote from: Lawlz on January 01, 2008, 04:02:11 PM
But a majority of American, especially children, will think that makes marijuana perfectly okay to use and they'll be able to score some at a ripe young age for a fraction of what kids today are paying.

Keeping it illegal but not spending billions  burning down houses and exploding little boats hauling some of it=Okay.
Marijuana isn't an addictive drug.   You're using your repulsion of smoking in your opinion to assume that everyone would suddenly start smoking. 

If you haven't realized, making it illegal hasn't done anything to stop it.   I can easily walk down the street, buy a few bags and smoke it. 

ncba93ivyase

January 01, 2008, 04:27:07 PM #49 Last Edit: January 01, 2008, 04:31:02 PM by Lawlz
Quote from: JMV290 on January 01, 2008, 04:17:57 PM
Marijuana isn't an addictive drug. 
Any drug can be addictive. Maybe not as addictive as heroin or nicotine, but there are still many people addicted to it.
QuoteIf you haven't realized, making it illegal hasn't done anything to stop it.   I can easily walk down the street, buy a few bags and smoke it.
Murder may be illegal, yet people still kill each other. Now, if that were to be legalized, do you think everyone would kill a person/persons they hate? I'd say most people will. The fear of punishment for their actions keep most people away from it. Since thousands of people are arrested and charged everyday for marijuana possession, purchasing it may not be as easy as you think. Maybe you could buy some today and get away, but next week you could be reported or a police officer may just walk around the corner.

Also, the fact everyone says "MARIJUANA IS HARMLESS AND UNADDICTIVE," both of which are utter lies, certainly doesn't help keep people away from it now and it would only make it worse if it was legalized. Marijuana may prevent brain tumors and is capable of easing pain; but it also inhibits a person's capability of rational thinking, is just as dangerous to the lungs as tobacco when smoked if not worse, and is loaded with carcinogens just like tobacco.

But all Little Johnny hears is that it's unaddictive, good for you, makes you happy, and now cheap and legal. Most everyone supports their addictions, so of course they're going to say it's harmless with no scientific evidence to back it up. "It doesn't affect me" is as stupid as saying global warming doesn't exist because it snowed in Alaska.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Houdini

Ever heard of alcohol?

Marijuana isn't addictive.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Houdini on January 01, 2008, 04:30:53 PM
Ever heard of alcohol?
look at all the thousands of death each year as a result of an entire nation addicted

adding another dangerous drug to the legal list certainly won't make it better
Marijuana isn't addictive.
lol spam;

Houdini

Quote from: Lawlz on January 01, 2008, 04:27:07 PM
Any drug can be addictive. Maybe not as addictive as heroin or nicotine, but there are still many people addicted to it.
Do you even know anything about addiction? You can get psychologically addicted to pretty much anything, from drugs to food to video games. However, you can only get physically addicted to certain substances, and marijuana is not one of them.

Murder may be illegal, yet people still kill each other. Now, if that were to be legalized, do you think everyone would kill a person/persons they hate? I'd say most people will.
You could legalize murder, but it would still generally be considered morally reprehensible.

Since thousands of people are arrested and charged everyday for marijuana possession, purchasing it may not be as easy as you think.
It is about as easy as you think. It's also easy to get caught, but that doesn't mean that acquiring it isn't easy.

Maybe you could buy some today and get away, but next week you could be reported or a police officer may just walk around the corner.

Which wouldn't happen if it were legalized.

Also, the fact everyone says "MARIJUANA IS HARMLESS AND UNADDICTIVE," both of which are utter lies,
Bullshit. Marijuana is harmful, but compared to nicotine and alcohol, it is relatively harmless.

certainly doesn't help keep people away from it now and it would only make it worse if it was legalized. Marijuana may prevent brain tumors and is capable of easing pain; but it also inhibits a person's capability of rational thinking,
Oh dear, helpful drugs have adverse side affects? I guess we should ban Vicodin.

is just as dangerous to the lungs as tobacco when smoked if not worse, and is loaded with carcinogens just like tobacco.
Are you sure? Let's see a source. You might want to note that weed isn't loaded with tar like tobacco is.

But all Little Johnny hears is that it's unaddictive, good for you, makes you happy, and now cheap and legal. Most everyone supports their addictions, so of course they're going to say it's harmless with no scientific evidence to back it up. "It doesn't affect me" is as stupid as saying global warming doesn't exist because it snowed in Alaska.
What if an effort were made to inform people of the dangers that come with marijuana?

Houdini

Quote from: Lawlz on January 01, 2008, 04:33:38 PM
look at all the thousands of death each year as a result of an entire nation addicted

adding another dangerous drug to the legal list certainly won't make it betterlol spam;
Do some research. You obviously don't know too much about addiction.

Daddy

also, how many people have died from marijuana use?  Sure, people get killed in drug dealings gone wrong, but no one has died from marijuana use.

Research shows that Marijuana actually inhibits cancer, so that argument is bullshit too.  The fact that there are other ways to use weed(ingestion) puts the final nail in the cancer argument.

Houdini pretty much covered the rest.

Squirtlejazz

The re legalization of alcohol did not make an entire nation addicted. I don't see your logic there. Just because people now have the ability to do it doesn't mean they will. Tobacco is legal and the entire country isn't addicted to it.
No one will know what will happen unless we try. We can speculate all we want, but speculations get us nowhere.
iSnake

reeper

Quote from: NotSid on January 01, 2008, 02:31:09 PM
Why would you want to government's hand in something like weed? They would probably tax the shit out of it.
Can't easily tax something you can easily grow yourself.

Daddy

Quote from: reefer on January 03, 2008, 01:10:00 AM
Can't easily tax something you can easily grow yourself.
it does take some effort to grow and dry properly.

the supplies would also be taxed.

don't let's

Quote from: Houdini on December 31, 2007, 09:40:01 PM
Alcohol has a similar affect.
Yes it does. But that's no reason another substance that can cause the same problems should be legal also.

Houdini

Quote from: LiveOnTheEdge on January 03, 2008, 05:40:17 PM
Yes it does. But that's no reason another substance that can cause the same problems should be legal also.
Why should alcohol be legal, then?

Go Up