April 24, 2024, 08:57:30 AM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Legalize weed?

Started by strakt, August 22, 2007, 07:55:48 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

reeper

My teacher was talking about how California is getting so many laws against cigarettes and he said "California is going to ban cigarettes and make weed legal". I think he smokes.

But I know he was joking, I think what he was saying is that we're getting all of our freedoms slowly taken away. I doubt it will ever become legal but if it does I don't really care. Hopefully if it does that means people won't act so immature when they do it. I've hanged out with people who smoked and they've all either became immature and acted as if they smoked a lot when they really don't, or actually smoke a shit load and start lying, doing other drugs, and stealing.

I don't like that crowd anymore really. I thought I knew my friends but when they smoke they just get extremely annoying. I would support legalizing though, not a whole lot but if I had to sign a petition I would, nothing more though.

musica.cards

Quote from: Ash on August 22, 2007, 10:37:54 PM
Well, if you legalize marijuana people will beg the government to legalize every other drug. I agree that you should legalize it for medical purposes. But as for getting high, I'm not sure.

Create and enforce laws to keep recreational marijuana use in your own home?
[move]gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby [/move]

mariofreak

I would personally rather not have people getting high all over the place. I hate cigarettes and alcohol too, I think it's all stupid... It isn't good for you, and I don't see the appeal. A lot of the people here have been brought up to believe it's a stupid thing to do and that's the way I see it, and I could see myself losing my friends because of something like that, because I know I sure as hell wouldn't hang out with someone if they took up smoking. I'm not so sure about pot, but I'm certainly not for the idea of it being legalized...

Snorkel

I typed a long reply to this yesterday, but my internet died as I hit submit and it never got posted. poppy;

So, to summarize what I said: It should be kept illegal, because obviously people who want it aren't having trouble getting it, same with anything that's made illegal. I'm not against marijuana use at all, but I just think people and media and politicans are making the legalization (or not) of it way too overblown.

Oh, and I also think cigarettes should be made illegal. That way they'll get much more expensive, less people will smoke, and the people who still do won't have the money to go through fifty cigarettes in a day.

Houdini

Quote from: Snorks B. Hindenbergh on August 24, 2007, 10:50:57 AM
So, to summarize what I said: It should be kept illegal, because obviously people who want it aren't having trouble getting it, same with anything that's made illegal.
Because we know no one ever gets arrested in drug busts, right? RIGHT?

I'm not against marijuana use at all, but I just think people and media and politicans are making the legalization (or not) of it way too overblown.
If you're not against it, why do you want it to stay illegal?  psyduck;

guff

So, to summarize what I said: It should be kept illegal, because obviously people who want it aren't having trouble getting it, same with anything that's made illegal.
There's a small difference, though:  they wouldn't get arrested and/or imprisoned if it were legal. psyduck;

Snorkel

Quote from: Toast on August 24, 2007, 12:47:04 PM
If you're not against it, why do you want it to stay illegal?  psyduck;

Because if everyone has access to it and could get it as easily as tobacco, there would be too many stoned idiots running around. I can get weed very easily right now, and I don't think anything needs to change.

Also, corporations would start controlling marijuana distribution, and before you know it we'd all have the shittiest weed ever.

Quote from: Commodore Guff
There's a small difference, though:  they wouldn't get arrested and/or imprisoned if it were legal.

What's life without a little excitement? thumbup;

Houdini

Quote from: Snorks B. Hindenbergh on August 24, 2007, 11:07:28 PM
Because if everyone has access to it and could get it as easily as tobacco, there would be too many stoned idiots running around. I can get weed very easily right now, and I don't think anything needs to change.
And alcohol doesn't make people idiots?

Quote from: Snorks B. Hindenbergh on August 24, 2007, 11:07:28 PM
Also, corporations would start controlling marijuana distribution, and before you know it we'd all have the shittiest weed ever.
So the tobacco we smoke is the shittiest tobacco ever?

NOA_Haunted

Quote from: JMV290 on August 22, 2007, 08:55:28 PM
You wouldn't have the dealers in jail. 

There wouldn't be any more street dealers, they would probably manufacture it like cigarettes. Also put and age on it probably 21 because thats when the brain stops growing as you probably all know.

Gin

I was going to make a topic on this but wtf I'll just bump this one. What my topic was going to be about is the plant Salvia Divinorum. My friend told me about it, and, it sounds pretty interesting. Apparently, when you smoke it, you get an experience similar to that of LSD. It only lasts a few minutes, but here's the thing, it's legal in the United States. So, any of you guys out there looking for a legal alternative, go for it.

Wiki article:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salvia_divinorum

heltar

No, because I have lost many a good friend who got started on weed/alcohol/tobacco.

Salvia is supposed to be a 15-minute acid trip, but my friends that have taken it said that it just gave them a 24-hour headache.

Zeta

December 17, 2007, 07:10:59 PM #26 Last Edit: December 17, 2007, 07:15:00 PM by Zeta
Quote from: helter skelter on December 17, 2007, 05:40:37 PM
No, because I have lost many a good friend who got started on weed/alcohol/tobacco.

Salvia is supposed to be a 15-minute acid trip, but my friends that have taken it said that it just gave them a 24-hour headache.

Just because a few unfortunate scmucks become alcoholics is no reason to ban it for everyone, including those who can drink/smoke responsibly.

Anyways, I say legalize it. The amount of time, money, and resources the government spends on fighting something that isn't even dangerous is absolutely pathetic.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Zeta on December 17, 2007, 07:10:59 PM
smoke responsibly.
is that even possible psyduck;
QuoteAnyways, I say legalize it. The amount of time, money, and resources the government spends on fighting something that isn't even dangerous is absolutely pathetic.

Then I suppose alcohol isn't dangerous either aside from the fact it kill thousands each year but hey it's their own fault so why should the government care?

It has the potential for abuse. It will be abused. Someone is bound to go crazy on it and do something stupid, and eventually, plenty more will follow. Just because you may use it "responsibly" doesn't mean everyone will.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Zeta

Quote from: Lawlz on December 18, 2007, 04:19:50 AM
is that even possible psyduck;Then I suppose alcohol isn't dangerous either aside from the fact it kill thousands each year but hey it's their own fault so why should the government care?

It has the potential for abuse. It will be abused. Someone is bound to go crazy on it and do something stupid, and eventually, plenty more will follow. Just because you may use it "responsibly" doesn't mean everyone will.

Just because DUI and DWI are crimes and dangerous doesn't mean all users are retarded enough to do that.

Why don't we ban antifreeze? Only a matter of time before some people drink it. Why not ban WoW? People get addicted to that?

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Zeta on December 18, 2007, 07:04:28 AM
Just because DUI and DWI are crimes and dangerous doesn't mean all users are retarded enough to do that.

Why don't we ban antifreeze? Only a matter of time before some people drink it. Why not ban WoW? People get addicted to that?
Problem is, a majority of people that do drink alcohol abuse it multiple times, if not regularly. Just because it may make a party "more fun" doesn't mean it should be legalized, since the thousands of deaths each year are a great price for something that's not even beneficial in any way.

Hell, tobacco really cannot be used responsibly and certainly has no positive effects and does nothing but harm the person that uses it and everyone around them. Aside from getting a little bit of money off the taxes, there really is no reason to keep it legalized. Personal pleasures that have a high risk of depriving others of their life or happiness shouldn't be permissible.

Antifreeze clearly states it's deadly and it does have its benefits. It's not marketed as something you can drink and be happy and jolly because of it. World of Warcraft doesn't harm people that don't play it, so why care?

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Go Up