What kind of Student do you plan on being this year?

Started by Title27GT, August 20, 2007, 02:44:13 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Title27GT

I guess I have always been one of those kids that looked at attending school as the worst thing that could possibly happen. I faked sick whenever I could, to the point where my family doesn't trust me even when I am sick. I hated waking up early, and I was never organized enough to get my work done on time. Let's put it this way: I have NEVER worked hard in school. I only got put in honor classes because my teachers knew I was smart enough and just hoped to god that I'd show up next year with a decent work ethic...
It hasn't happened. One of my biggest problems has been homework. I nearly vomit upon hearing the word. I was never happy during the school year because I always had that nagging "You have to do your homework" at 11 oclock every night.

This year, I plan to suck it up and work to my potential. Because, unlike the rest of my family, I don't plan on paying off college loans until I'm 80 years old. This year I'm going to crack down, be organized the whole year, not just pass off work I decided not to do as "oh well it won't really affect my grade". I'm going to turn everything in. Most importantly I'm going to go straight home, sit at my desk, and do my homework so I can do whatever I want for the rest of the day.

How about you?

Wrench

I'm basically just like how you were. I hate waking up, despise homework, and barely study.
When I did study, it was 5 minutes before the test which didn't always work out so good.
My sophomore year was horrendous. As a freshman, I got a 3.5 GPA. As a sophomore, I got around a 2.7.

Since I'm going to be a junior, I'm going to work on getting back to freshman potential and try my best to start getting noticed by colleges. I am smart enough, but I need to show it in school.

Title27GT

Quote from: WrenchNinja on August 20, 2007, 02:49:03 PM
I'm basically just like how you were. I hate waking up, despise homework, and barely study.
When I did study, it was 5 minutes before the test which didn't always work out so good.
My sophomore year was horrendous. As a freshman, I got a 3.5 GPA. As a sophomore, I got around a 2.7.

Since I'm going to be a junior, I'm going to work on getting back to freshman potential and try my best to start getting noticed by colleges. I am smart enough, but I need to show it in school.
You basically just told my life story all over again. I never study, and if I do, it's in homeroom 3 periods before the test.

ncba93ivyase

I haven't really done any of my homework for the past three years, but this year, I'm starting to get it done without any complaints. Probably just because I'm bored. No idea.

And I really don't give a damn whether or not a college accepts me. In the south, most people are selected just for their race and religion, so it's not like they'll give a damn about me until I become a Christian of some "oppressed" race.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Daddy

Quote from: Lawlz on August 20, 2007, 02:58:30 PM
I haven't really done any of my homework for the past three years, but this year, I'm starting to get it done without any complaints. Probably just because I'm bored. No idea.

And I really don't give a damn whether or not a college accepts me. In the south, most people are selected just for their race and religion, so it's not like they'll give a damn about me until I become a Christian of some "oppressed" race.
Come to the northeast or go to California and I'm sure you'd find a solution.

Also. I'm paying for the shit now. I'm going to actually do my work.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: JMV290 on August 20, 2007, 03:40:46 PM
Come to the northeast or go to California and I'm sure you'd find a solution.

Also. I'm paying for the shit now. I'm going to actually do my work.
Even then, I don't give a damn about college. Where's it going to get me? I have no intention to ever labor. I'm quite involved with art, but art schools are for dipshits that can't even draw a quadrilateral.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

guff

Quote from: Lawlz on August 20, 2007, 03:47:38 PM
Even then, I don't give a damn about college. Where's it going to get me? I have no intention to ever labor.

I'm quite involved with art, but art schools are for dipshits that can't even draw a quadrilateral.
What will you do, then?
Last time I checked, whiny acosmists that get off to ceaselessly creating controversy and fantasizing about blowing a load on a seven year old don't get paid just for being themselves.

How are you involved with art?

6M69I69B9

Umm.. I'm like the person who would be more likely to have everything distract me.

I'm so lazy... Everything used to get my attention and shit and I would be playing video games or just be on the internet. I hardly get any sleep, I go to school and all my friends say that I'm a fucking emo or some shit because of my face. I usually look depressed when I'm really bored and tired at school.

But I think that's all going to change.

This year, I'm going to sleep a little earlier like at 8 or 9 and I'm going to wake up at 4AM everyday (Well I'm going to try.). I'm going to be a bit serious too and I'm going to be more organized than before. Also, my fucking friends bother me while working in class, but I'll have to ignore them this time... Oh yeah... I'm going to be a bit more sociable.

So I'm going to be a serious and sociable student this year.

Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

Reverse Psychology

Last year was a disaster for me.

I had all A's and B's going into the year, and I ended the year with one A and 2 D's. I did more homework that I did last year, and ended up worse off. I had no sleep at all at night, and would not wake up until about 5 minutes before school started. This year, I must do better, or else I'm pretty much screwed. I don't have to retake any classes, but I know I will do bad in Spanish.

Title27GT

Quote from: Lawlz on August 20, 2007, 03:47:38 PM
Even then, I don't give a damn about college. Where's it going to get me? I have no intention to ever labor. I'm quite involved with art, but art schools are for dipshits that can't even draw a quadrilateral.
You obviously have no concept of wanting things in life.

Houdini

Pash

I still want to be decent, but I still want to hang out with my friends and stuff. It's not that I don't care about my grades, I do. I just want to succeed while having some fun. After all, high school may be few of the best years of your life, or maybe they won't be. I'm aiming for them to be the best years (except grade 9) because while I'm still young, I may as well take advantage of it.

V

As JMV said, I am paying for it, so I have to be on the ball now. I fucked around a lot in high school, and as Title said, I was put in honors classes because my teachers knew I had the potential. I am lazy, and tend to hold off things to the last minute and too often do I find myself using the rationalization that working under pressure helps me to work better; it doesn't.

I hope college can be a wake up call for me, and help me get off my lazy ass when it comes to school work and actually do it.

Also, Lawlz, you're basically saying you want to live in your parent's home for the rest of your life and have no kind of luxuries at all. Well, any luxuries that you earned and aren't given to you.

caponehollywood

Your actually exactly like my. There is not one thing you said I can't agree with.

This year I'm gonna try to dedicate myself to my work a little more, I didn't do all that great last year.
Quote from: antmaster5000 on October 21, 2015, 03:01:13 AM
me

10% of the worlds biomass is ants
ants
ants

i am antmaster

Daddy

Quote from: V on August 20, 2007, 09:09:51 PM
As JMV said, I am paying for it, so I have to be on the ball now. I fucked around a lot in high school, and as Title said, I was put in honors classes because my teachers knew I had the potential. I am lazy, and tend to hold off things to the last minute and too often do I find myself using the rationalization that working under pressure helps me to work better; it doesn't.

I hope college can be a wake up call for me, and help me get off my lazy ass when it comes to school work and actually do it.

Yeah, I was the same way in High School.  I am one of the laziest people around.  I had some of the highest test scores in the school on the standardized tests.  I got really high grades on tests, but when it came to classwork and homework I failed to do it.  I knew how much I could get away with and which classes to do it in.  It caused me to graduated with a high C average and if I could go back I would have actually put the effort in and see where it could have gotten me.  I regret not taking the chance to learn as much as possible when I could have.  I was able to learn much more than a lot of the kids in my classes, I don't know how, I never did the classwork or homework. I slept through some classes, yet I was able to remember stuff when we took tests.   I can only wonder what could have happened if I actually did all of the work, maybe I could have had a speech at graduation or been valedictorian.

Now that I'm starting college I hope to turn that around. I'm paying for this. I want to make sure I get everything out of the money I'm paying.  I'm going to make sure I know EVERYTHING.  No more screwing around, it's not a joke.

As for the Boyagers entering high school this year. Trust me, your teachers and parents are right when they tell you to try and to do your work.  I've only been out of high school for 2 and a half months and my biggest regret in life is not working to anything near my potential in school.   It's not a joke.  Do your work, you might be bored but trust me; it's more than worth it.

Go Up