July 02, 2024, 09:45:48 PM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Video games can start violence.

Started by V, August 19, 2007, 04:26:49 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ncba93ivyase

I don't get pissed if someone whoops me in a game, but I do get pissed at games that are unfair. e.g.-- A sidescrolling shmup that has enemies fly up from behind and you can't do jack shit.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

YPrrrr

Quote from: Lawlz on August 19, 2007, 05:08:50 PM
I don't get pissed if someone whoops me in a game, but I do get pissed at games that are unfair. e.g.-- A sidescrolling shmup that has enemies fly up from behind and you can't do jack shit.
MEGAMAN argh;

The first couple editions at least toot;

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Your Posting Rival on August 19, 2007, 05:11:04 PM
MEGAMAN argh;

The first couple editions at least toot;
No, because you can turn around and shoot.

Most sidescrolling shmups only let you face right, so if a line of enemies or some massive bastard flies up behind you, you're screwed.  It's worse if the game uses checkpoints instead of immediate respawns, because you have to keep doing it over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

V

Quote from: Bassir C. on August 19, 2007, 04:48:42 PM
Video games cannot start violence in normal people, only idiots. You're just proving it more.

[email protected]

There is no such thing as a "normal" person.  psyduck;

YPrrrr

Quote from: Lawlz on August 19, 2007, 05:12:35 PM
No, because you can turn around and shoot.

Most sidescrolling shmups only let you face right, so if a line of enemies or some massive bastard flies up behind you, you're screwed.  It's worse if the game uses checkpoints instead of immediate respawns, because you have to keep doing it over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over.
Well I have some shitty Megaman game for GB, and you can't shoot diagonally, so it's really hard to hit anything flying until they're right on top of you

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Your Posting Rival on August 19, 2007, 05:19:23 PM
Well I have some shitty Megaman game for GB, and you can't shoot diagonally, so it's really hard to hit anything flying until they're right on top of you
Um, there really aren't any Megaman games that let you shoot diagonally. There's some little powerup in one of the Zero games, but that's it. Still, none of them are truly difficult. psyduck;

Try playing Super Nova, and you'll understand exactly what I mean.

YPrrrr

Quote from: Lawlz on August 19, 2007, 05:21:51 PM
Um, there really aren't any Megaman games that let you shoot diagonally. Ther's some little powerup in one of the Zero games, but that's it. Still, none of them are truly difficult. psyduck;

Try playing Super Nova, and you'll understand exactly what I mean.
Really? That's really weird... psyduck;

Samus Aran

Quote from: Your Posting Rival on August 19, 2007, 05:19:23 PM

ITT YPR forgets jump + shoot combo

I've played the first GB version of the Megaman games. It's basically just like the NES version, only shorter, not to mention the level designs are changed.

Commander Fuckass

Are those bikes the ones you stole from little 8 year olds? :|
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

caponehollywood

Quote from: Bassir C. on August 19, 2007, 04:48:42 PM
Video games cannot start violence in normal people, only idiots. You're just proving it more.

[email protected]

Wait, what?
Quote from: antmaster5000 on October 21, 2015, 03:01:13 AM
me

10% of the worlds biomass is ants
ants
ants

i am antmaster

V

Quote from: MVP0079 on August 19, 2007, 06:20:08 PM
Wait, what?

I am still waiting for him to explain to me what a "normal" person is.  psyduck;

caponehollywood

Quote from: V on August 19, 2007, 06:24:04 PM
I am still waiting for him to explain to me what a "normal" person is.  psyduck;

Why did he quote, "@MVP?"
Quote from: antmaster5000 on October 21, 2015, 03:01:13 AM
me

10% of the worlds biomass is ants
ants
ants

i am antmaster

Feynman

Quote from: V on August 19, 2007, 05:18:14 PM
There is no such thing as a "normal" person.  psyduck;

Says the chocolate face.

C.Mongler

V

Quote from: Bassir C. on August 19, 2007, 06:41:17 PM
Says the chocolate face.

Exactly, you can't explain it to me, sand-negro.

Go Up