March 28, 2024, 01:53:42 AM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Abortion

Started by *Boo*, May 01, 2007, 07:22:16 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

[EDWRD]

Well, considering I'm sort of in the middle of things at times, it can be hard to say..

In the case of abortion.. I only believe a woman should have the choice to abort her child in the case of rape. OTHERWISE, I find abortion one of the sickest and most wrong things that can be done. I don't approve of a life to be thrown away without a chance.

Sure, a mistake can be made when you have sex. Young women can make that mistake if they have it without being forced by a boyfriend or something. But those girls that make those mistakes must realize that they have brought on the miracle of life, and to take it away from something that hasn't even begun to live yet is wrong.

Like I said, I'll only accept it in the case of true rape. Abortion is murder. Abortion is the death of a human life, and to do that in its infancy is probably one of the most immoral and wrong things that can be done.

Sorry if I lost any friends with this, but I just don't believe it's right. I'm not all that religious, I approve of gay marriage and I've sinned myself.. But to take away a HUMAN LIFE before it's ready to finally bloom is plain wrong.

I can't say yes to it in any way.

Andrew1911

There's a difference between rape and true rape?  I'm pretty sure that there is no such thing as true rape. It's just rape.  objection;

You said yourself it has yet to live so how can it be a human life if it has not yet lived? It doesn't have cognitive thought, it has no idea what the hell it is, and to put the rights on something that cannot even think yet over the rights of a living woman is just plain ridiculous. Let the ones with vaginas decide what to do wtih their vagina.

[EDWRD]

May 03, 2007, 10:28:48 PM #17 Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 10:40:55 PM by darkarrow52
Quote from: Andrew1911 on May 03, 2007, 08:36:14 PM
There's a difference between rape and true rape?  I'm pretty sure that there is no such thing as true rape. It's just rape.  objection;

You said yourself it has yet to live so how can it be a human life if it has not yet lived? It doesn't have cognitive thought, it has no idea what the hell it is, and to put the rights on something that cannot even think yet over the rights of a living woman is just plain ridiculous. Let the ones with vaginas decide what to do wtih their vagina.
Well, not much I can argue with right there.  hur;

You can look at it in many different ways, I suppose. I just don't find it very moral to go kill something before it's even had a chance to see its own mother's face. Honestly, would YOU like to be a goddam aborted baby?

I think not.

AND GUESS WHAT? If your mother aborted you, you'd have no say in the matter. Abortion is nothing more than a mother killing her own child, and of course, the child has no say. You support that? You support mothers that kill their own children? I sure as hell don't.

By supporting abortion, you support death. You support the loss of a life, and yes it's a living being. I don't give a shit if it doesn't have a developed brain: IT COULD HAVE HAD A LIFE. If the mother had sexual intercourse and got pregnant, then it is HER responsibility as a mother to take care of that child. If that mother doesn't uphold her motherly duties, then it should be declared a crime. THAT is why I don't support it.

Adoption over abortion. If you made the mistake of unprotected sexual intercourse and you can't stand a child, you're just a goddam FOOL.

Like I said, would you like to be an aborted baby? If you say any bull like "Well I wouldn't have been born yet" or "I wouldn't have had a mind so it wouldn't matter", I'm not even going to listen. If you want to give up the gift of life so easily, you don't deserve to be here.

Why the hell do we give the death penalty to murderers? It's because they've ended a human life. Why the hell do we allow abortion? Well, so mothers can go kill their babies of course! That's just fine and dandy!

Selkie

And on the topic of vaginas, stop talking out of yours, Andrew.

If the girl was raped, fine. But if she was the one that decided to have sex, and the mistake was made, she has to deal with it. It isn't an option of what she wants to do with the baby, she made the mistake, and she has to live with it. Fuck her rights, she was the one that decided to have sex in the first place.

Like I said before, abortion is the act of bending over and shitting on our very existance.

LCK

Ok, ok. By true rape, I'm assuming he means unwilling rape.
In case you didn't know, Andrew, there are different types of rape.  y;
If the women is unwillingly raped, beaten and such, abortion should be allowed.
Of course, in the case of willing statutory rape he believes that abortion should not be allowed. It was the person's own fault.

Basically, abortion should only be allowed if the person was unwilling.
I'm pretty sure that's what he meant. sweat;

I really don't care about abortion. There are positives and negatives.
I do think stem cell research should be allowed. It could help us discover great things, even if it does involve fetuses.
And the negatives, those are obvious.

I think I'm more pro choice rather than pro life.
Ah.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Ripster on May 04, 2007, 02:10:31 PM
Like I said before, abortion is the act of bending over and shitting on our very existance.
No, that'd be giving our own people shitty lives and not trying to find cures to things that hinder our expansion and lifespan.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Andrew1911

If the girl was raped, fine. But if she was the one that decided to have sex, and the mistake was made, she has to deal with it. It isn't an option of what she wants to do with the baby, she made the mistake, and she has to live with it. Fuck her rights, she was the one that decided to have sex in the first place.

That was perhaps the dumbest thing I have ever read. So, you'd want the child to grow up and live a terrible life, having a mother that would not support him at all? Your logic is flawless.

V

I am all for abortion. It is the women's body, so it is her choice to do what she wants with her unborn child. I know if I accidently impregnate a girl, I want a abortion, asap(if I am not ready to handle taking care of another life).

I say yes to abortion.  v;

Selkie

Quote from: Andrew1911 on May 06, 2007, 01:06:07 PM

That was perhaps the dumbest thing I have ever read. So, you'd want the child to grow up and live a terrible life, having a mother that would not support him at all? Your logic is flawless.

Like I said, who the fuck is to assume that EVERY child who was born unwillingly is going to have a "terrible" life

Getting a chance at life is a shit load better than not living at all.

Everyone deserves life, everyone.

Fireman.exe

Abortion is a sick act, have you seen one take place? It's one of the sickest things I have ever seen.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Ripster on May 06, 2007, 01:25:30 PM
Apparently, those paralyzed folks don't deserve a chance at life. They rely on stem cells to live, and banning abortion and choice would deny their right to life.

I care more about a living person than a glob of cells.
Quote from: Fireman.exe on May 06, 2007, 07:21:54 PM
Abortion is a sick act, have you seen one take place? It's one of the sickest things I have ever seen.
There are many worse things out there.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Selkie

Quote from: Lawlz on May 07, 2007, 01:01:59 PM
Quote from: Ripster on May 06, 2007, 01:25:30 PM
Apparently, those paralyzed folks don't deserve a chance at life. They rely on stem cells to live, and banning abortion and choice would deny their right to life.

I care more about a living person than a glob of cells.
Quote from: Fireman.exe on May 06, 2007, 07:21:54 PM
There are many worse things out there.

Well in reality everyone is just a glob of cells...

And, murdering an innocent being is not justified by the fact that it could POSSIBLY help another.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Ripster on May 07, 2007, 02:21:57 PM

And, murdering an innocent being is not justified by the fact that it could POSSIBLY help another.
But we have thought, and this other glob doesn't. Can't murder something that doesn't think.

Selkie

Quote from: Lawlz on May 07, 2007, 02:35:53 PM

But we have thought, and this other glob doesn't. Can't murder something that doesn't think.

Yea, but it will eventually be a living, thinking being.

Otherwise, you could be commiting genocide every time you scratch yourself, and kill thousands of skin cells.

The difference between those cells and the cells of the fetus, is that the fetus will live.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Ripster on May 07, 2007, 02:40:07 PM
Quote from: Lawlz on May 07, 2007, 02:35:53 PM

Yea, but it will eventually be a living, thinking being.

Otherwise, you could be commiting genocide every time you scratch yourself, and kill thousands of skin cells.

The difference between those cells and the cells of the fetus, is that the fetus will live.
And those bacteria will eventually grow and evolve into some advanced civilization. You're denying their lives.

Don't deny someone's right to do whatever they want with their body (yes, the fetus is part of them) and improve the life of another or humanity as a whole.

Go Up