September 21, 2024, 03:48:18 PM

1,531,318 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Pidgin

Started by The artist formally known, August 18, 2007, 04:10:54 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

The artist formally known

Do they have skins for this because this default shit looks putrid.

I'll use it for a week but so far Trillian was better. More customization even though the support has been dead for years and direct connect and file transfer is a pain.

C.Mongler

But Pidgin is named Pidgin.

Feynman

August 18, 2007, 11:01:31 AM #2 Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 11:14:35 AM by Bassir C.
It looks fine to me. I mean, it just takes the style of whatever theme I'm using in the OS. And really, It's perfectly fine to me.

If you really feel Trillian is better, I'm not going to be some Linux fag and tell you how superior and "free" Pidgin is, you're free to go ahead and use Trillian. The only reason I'm using Pidgin is because it's the most decent IM client for Linux and I don't need to crack anything to get all the features like I have to do to Trillian.

Anyway, I did find this. Not sure if it'll help you, though.

The artist formally known

Quote from: Bassir C. on August 18, 2007, 11:01:31 AM
It looks fine to me. I mean, it just takes the style of whatever theme I'm using in the OS. And really, It's perfectly fine to me.

If you really feel Trillian is better, I'm not going to be some Linux fag and tell you how superior and "free" Pidgin is, you're free to go ahead and use Trillian. The only reason I'm using Pidgin is because it's the most decent IM client for Linux and I don't need to crack anything to get all the features like I have to do to Trillian.

Anyway, I did find this. Not sure if it'll help you, though.
I like Pidgin but it doesn't have a lot of things that Trillian has, yet it does everything that it does offer nicely unlike Trillian. You can't take off buddy icons on the list which is annoying since I have many users and don't ever look at Buddy Icons in the first place.

Go Up